AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-14, 12:27   Link #21
shiro83

Well, on my way to school, I will always see more Ipod earphones than Creative ones stuck to commuters' ears.

I own a Creative Muvo TX FM 1 GB for your info. Never experimented on Ipods before.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:34   Link #22
Shay
Monarch Programmer

My ipod still doesn't work with my pc so I still hate it.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 16:06   Link #23
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Though I'd revive this thread. Found this story interesting:

Apple's iTunes raises privacy concerns
Just a follow up to this story. It looks like Apple "tweaked" their iTunes software due to privacy concerns:

Apple tweaks iTunes following privacy concerns
Quote:
Following a wave of privacy concerns last week, Apple Computer has begun prominently notifying customers about a new recommendation feature in its iTunes software, as well as spotlighting a simple way to turn it off.

The new feature, a "MiniStore" pane in the software, provides music recommendations to iTunes users based on the songs currently in the software's active playlist. To do so, it sends information about those songs back to Apple, even if the tracks weren't originally purchased from the iTunes Music Store.

[...snip...]

"As you select items in your library, information about that item is sent to Apple, and the MiniStore will show you related songs or videos," the note says. "Apple does not keep any information related to the contents of your music library."

The notification also provides a prominent new pointer to a button that will turn off the MiniStore, which does not exchange any information while inactive. As before, the feature can also be turned off by going to the menu of commands at the top of the software or by selecting a keyboard command.

(read more...)
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 15:40   Link #24
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ear Damage

This has been a recent "media" issue that has now come to the courts. It has to do with hearing damage an portable audio devices (in this case, the iPod).
Quote:
Apple faces suit over iPod-related hearing loss

A Louisiana man has filed a class action suit against Apple Computer, saying the computer maker has failed to take adequate steps to prevent hearing loss among iPod users.

The suit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., charges that the iPod music player can produce sounds of up to 115 decibels even though some studies suggest that listening to music at that level for 28 seconds a day can cause damage over time. The suit, filed on behalf of John Kiel Patterson and all other iPod buyers, seeks monetary damages to compensate for the hearing loss suffered by iPod users, as well as a share of Apple's iPod profits.

The suit also seeks to force Apple to offer a software upgrade to limit the iPod's output to 100 decibels as well as provide headphones designed to block out external noise.

"Millions of consumers have had their hearing put at risk by Apple's conduct," the suit states.

(read...)
Related Reading

-> Volume of hearing loss rising
Experts worry that portable music devices are being played too loudly, resulting in damage to listeners' ears (read...)

-> Ears at risk as iPod 'addiction" spreads (read...)

-> Sound advice: Audiologist warns of hearing dangers from MP3 players (read...)
Old 2006-02-02, 16:07   Link #25
Yellow Flash
Banned

I hate Ipod.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 15:38   Link #26
SlugZilla
woofles

Is the 5G Ipod about to become obsolete so soon?
http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/10/s...video-ipod-eh/
Looks like we'll have to wait and see Apple's official statement. But the rumors are that Apple is gonna release something for their 30th anniversary.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 15:43   Link #27
BellaD

I just recently bought Ipod nano and I love it ^^...
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 15:47   Link #28
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD
I just recently bought Ipod nano and I love it ^^...
I have a Nano as well. I also bought this iHome clock radio that docks with my Nano.

I just pop the Nano in at night and let it play while I'm sleeping.

/edit: whoa...ImageShack is really sucking wind today...if that image doesn't come up the first time, try clicking it again.
Old 2006-02-12, 10:03   Link #29
Nine

Send a message via MSN to Nine
I don't hate Ipod. If it plays music, and isn't insanely expensive, it works. When I wanted an mp3 player, first thing I did was look around the net for reviews and price comparison. I ended up with the Creative Zen Micro, and I'm happy with it.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 11:55   Link #30
Anime+
Banned

Well, I have an Ipod Nano and I think it is very convienient. I can put a lot of music on it, listen to it on the go, and even hook it up to my car radio. The Nano is small enough for me. As for the other Ipods, I think they are still too big. But, for video playback, I guess it isn't all that bad in size anymore.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 05:36   Link #31
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
Mhhh maybe this is the good tread to ask
I'm going to buy in iPod nano in about 1 week but there a big problem! @_@ I cant find a good (anime :P) quote to write on it

Any good suggestion?
^Aya^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 01:21   Link #32
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
iPOD Video: Is it worth it?

What do people think of their iPOD Video? After making a killing on my income tax returns (gotta love great tax guys) I've really been considering getting an iPOD Video. Only problem though is I'd probably only use it at work during my lunch break and in my car (after installing an iPOD ready radio) I don't know if I'd use it all that much around the house. Did it make a huge impact on any skeptics out there?
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 05:46   Link #33
Chichi

I have three iPods, from frequent purchases over the past few years. The second generation iPod, the Nano 4GB, and the most recent purchase being the Video 60GB. I have had no problems with either of the three, nor has my girlfriend with her Nano, and we both use it fairly frequently, plugging the thing into amps for small parties, etc... As for hearing loss, I'm a lover for nightclubs, with headphones as part of my head for as long as I can remember. If I were to lose my hearing so be it, it'll have to be a risk I'm willing to take.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:02   Link #34
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

did u see that stuff in the news about france trying to get a law passed to make apple share its itunes with other competitor formats. lol....
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:08   Link #35
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well my ipod still refuses to work with my pc. Seriously, it's like a stubborn bastard. I have tried everything bar installing SP2, though I can't see how that would make any difference.

It is blatantly a piece of white plastic.

Hate it! >.<
Old 2006-03-17, 20:09   Link #36
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

did u make sure the usb is plugged in all the way? my girlfriend always does this and thinks its broken. try reinstalling itunes if u need to.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:14   Link #37
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
did u make sure the usb is plugged in all the way? my girlfriend always does this and thinks its broken. try reinstalling itunes if u need to.
Are you kidding me?
Old 2006-03-18, 00:57   Link #38
real folk blues..

haha..
so what is your ipod doing now?
i say download the latest ipod software, and install it.. should work.. or if not, you can always get a techno geek to sort it out for you.
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 10:35   Link #39
I EAT BABIES
With Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
iPOD Video: Is it worth it?

What do people think of their iPOD Video? After making a killing on my income tax returns (gotta love great tax guys) I've really been considering getting an iPOD Video. Only problem though is I'd probably only use it at work during my lunch break and in my car (after installing an iPOD ready radio) I don't know if I'd use it all that much around the house. Did it make a huge impact on any skeptics out there?
I've got a 60gig Video (along with a 30gig 4g Color) and I can't spend a day without at least one of them. I mostly use it for listening to music on my daily commute as well as throughout the work day.

The actual video part of the iPod for me isn't really that big of a deal. I've got a couple videos on it right now, and it's not that bad trying to watch them. However it just happens for me that I'm rarely in a situation where I would want to be able to watch videos on my iPod rather than another media device (for me, my laptop would be a better media player for plane rides, etc).

But, if you're looking to get a non-Nano iPod, you pretty much get the video regardless. And do remember, you'd need to purchase Quicktime Pro if you want to make your own videos for the iPod, and not purchase them off iTunes.
I EAT BABIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 12:48   Link #40
ayyo

To me, the biggest advantage the 5G iPod (Video) has over the the many other nameless gizmos is its size and space. Its size basicaly means you can fit it into any pocket any time, and its space means you can, obviously, hold alot of stuff. ITunes is also extremely smple and easy to use. It can also be used as a 30G/60G portable harddrive too.

About the video, when it came out imo it was damn good. But just recently, I was shown a thingie that costed $200 and can hold 20G, watch videos that was near iPod quality, listen to music, and surf the internet, and an another thingie that costed $350, can surf internet, listen to music, take pictures, put notes, and wach videos. I didn't check the video quality of the last one tho, and I'm sure they could've done other stuff too.

If you plan on using the 5G iPod just for watching videos, imo it would be kind of a waste. The main feature of an iPod is still is, and will continue to be, listening to music. There tons of other stuff now apparently that can play videos with near quality to an iPod, and do tons of other stuff too.

And about the Quicktime Pro comment, no, don't waste money there. Get the Videora iPod Converter, its just as good if not better for converting videos to iPod and its free.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote