Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-17, 19:08   Link #61
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Wow! I can't wait to see it!
Old 2004-02-17, 21:04   Link #62
aceleader

Glad to see your excited. ep6 is for the S&M fetish types... or the wet and messy types.
Old 2004-02-23, 19:08   Link #63
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, I just watched episode five and all I have to say is... that was the STUPIDEST plot twist I've EVER seen. I'm not even going to say that it was "one of the" or "maybe the" stupidest plot twist I've ever seen. It was THE stupidest one of ALL TIME.

However, I like the ending theme. Anyone know where I can get it?

Also, where is #the-triad located now?
Old 2004-02-23, 19:12   Link #64
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well, I just watched episode five and all I have to say is... that was the STUPIDEST plot twist I've EVER seen. I'm not even going to say that it was "one of the" or "maybe the" stupidest plot twist I've ever seen. It was THE stupidest one of ALL TIME.

However, I like the ending theme. Anyone know where I can get it?

Also, where is #the-triad located now?
Holy God, wasn't it retarded? It's actually not so bad in 6 as I first made it out to be. Anyway yeah, triad's... MAYBE... at etg >.>;;; I cant say for definitely~
Old 2004-02-23, 19:17   Link #65
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Holy God, wasn't it retarded? It's actually not so bad in 6 as I first made it out to be. Anyway yeah, triad's... MAYBE... at etg >.>;;; I cant say for definitely~
The plot twist was successful in one thing and one thing only: make the plot even more stupider. I mean, if the princess was on the side of darkness all along, why did the Dark Mikos try to stop them? If the Cosprayers are trying to destroy the dark towers, just LET THEM.

Then again, it'll probably turn out that Crus is the bad guy.

Oh, and if this is spoiling the story for anybody, I only have this to say:

Knowing what happens lessens the pain.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-02-23 at 19:36.
Old 2004-02-23, 23:53   Link #66
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the plot twist in ep 5 is even more... um... twisted in ep 6... I don't see where it's going now... but then I guess I don't care too much
Old 2004-02-24, 00:11   Link #67
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
pair this one up with Pretty Cure and there you get a combi menu for to enjoy some masochistic mood

those male characters are annoying already by showing up, aren't they too close to be hinted as gay already ?
Old 2004-02-24, 00:23   Link #68
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
pair this one up with Pretty Cure and there you get a combi menu for to enjoy some masochistic mood
Pretty Cure is good >:|
Old 2004-02-24, 00:36   Link #69
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
those male characters are annoying already by showing up, aren't they too close to be hinted as gay already ?
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Anyway, out of all of the characters in the show, I dislike Crus and the main character the most (I never can remember her name. Quick! Someone tell me!). They're just so... annoying, and Crus' existance has yet to be explained. What is he? How is he associated with the Cosprayers?

Also, how come the guy that created the Charm Up bracelets was able to make the broadcast to them? I thought only Cosprayers were still around after the uh... thing happened. If it was some sort of pre-recording, that means that Crus is not a Cosprayer.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:23   Link #70
Tellu54
Banned

Well, episode 7 resolved the question of who is evil and who is not... I won't spoil it except to say that like the rest of CosPrayers it really doesn't make any sense.

At least there was no bondage this time.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:40   Link #71
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
At least there was no bondage this time.
I must agree, thank god for that :P
Old 2004-02-24, 01:46   Link #72
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

What I want to know is, how come they're in their Charm Up modes all of the time now and it used to be a really big deal for them to go into it? Oh wait, what the hell am I doing? I almost expected a coherent answer for that one?

I think that this whole anime would make a lot more sense if I was drunk...
Old 2004-02-24, 02:00   Link #73
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I have to thank a lot of people for indirectly convincing me to watch this debacle. With all the negative reactions this anime is getting, it can't be helped that more and more people are going to get curious don't you think?

Initially, there were 2 - 3 bad reviews and I thought hmm, it can't be that bad can it? It's still early. Then there were 7 - 8 bad reviews and I thought wow this anime sure is unpopular. After 11 - 12 bad reviews, I'm thinking damn! Avoid at all costs! But after some 20 or 30 something bad reviews I just can't help but think, what the HELL is so bad about this anime, I gotta go look for myself, DAMMIT!!!

God, help me, it sucks! The story don't make sense and not in a Fooly Cooly way. But everytime an episode ends my mind is always going, this anime is so unbelievably stupid, I wonder where it will lead me next!
Old 2004-02-24, 03:21   Link #74
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Pretty Cure is good >:|
un, sorry if it offended someone, quick conclusion of watching only one -_-
besides, I wrote that in an enjoying way actually
enjoying those anime most people say as bad

Quote:
and Crus' existance has yet to be explained. What is he? How is he associated with the Cosprayers?
some kind of commander perhaps, like the one in the old sentai series, the one that are supposed to do the briefings and sortie orders
or like Oogami in Sakura Taisen without joining the fight

there's another suspicious character isn't it ? that "evil-Koto" in eps 4 ? the previous red cosprayer ?
Old 2004-02-26, 00:26   Link #75
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
The plot twist was successful in one thing and one thing only: make the plot even more stupider. I mean, if the princess was on the side of darkness all along, why did the Dark Mikos try to stop them? If the Cosprayers are trying to destroy the dark towers, just LET THEM.

Then again, it'll probably turn out that Crus is the bad guy.

Oh, and if this is spoiling the story for anybody, I only have this to say:

Knowing what happens lessens the pain.
How can anyone take you seriously when you say things like "more stupider"? LOL... sorry not to be rude, I just couldn't help that comment ^^
OK, so the dark Mikos are not trying to stop the Cosprayers from destroying the towers... they are just trying to get there Black Knight back. In fact, Crus goes nuts on them for already having destroyed the towers.... so one problem has been cleared up. I also didn't think that it was a bad plot twist, just a little too obvious. Who can honestly say they didn't see that Crus was going to be a bad guy... they foreshadow it in the eyeball episode. The fact that they were able to somehow get a broadcast from the creator, has yet to be explained... but if any of you have ever seen Power Rangers (which this is very much like) then you know they don't always have rational answers to some of those things. I have only seen up to ep-5 and it all seems to fit pretty well... I know some of it is kind of sudden and without explanation, but what do you expect out of 13min episodes? Try leaving your predisposition behind when you watch it, and just enjoy the reminiscent, Power Rangers/Sailor Moon, cheesy-ness of it.
Old 2004-02-26, 00:31   Link #76
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
How can anyone take you seriously when you say things like "more stupider"? LOL... sorry not to be rude, I just couldn't help that comment ^^
I think I've just lost what little remained of my faith in humanity. Do you do this to everyone that makes stupid spelling mistaeks? Also, I don't expect anybody to actually take me seriously, so pretty much the only thing I do around here now is crack a joke or two.

Quote:
Who can honestly say they didn't see that Crus was going to be a bad guy... they foreshadow it in the eyeball episode.
Actually, we don't know what side he's on right now. According to him, the princess is the evil person. I don't know if we can trust him though, since he hangs out with Black Mikos or whatever the heck they are.

Quote:
The fact that they were able to somehow get a broadcast from the creator, has yet to be explained... but if any of you have ever seen Power Rangers (which this is very much like) then you know they don't always have rational answers to some of those things. I have only seen up to ep-5 and it all seems to fit pretty well... I know some of it is kind of sudden and without explanation, but what do you expect out of 13min episodes? Try leaving your predisposition behind when you watch it, and just enjoy the reminiscent, Power Rangers/Sailor Moon, cheesy-ness of it.
I'd enjoy the anime's cheesiness a lot more if they didn't have orgasms every time they transformed. The Pseudo-Cubs Isignia is pretty lame, too. This is an anime that was made for extremely drunk college students, and I think it shows every time they make screeching noises when they transform into their skimpy tennis outfits with their boobies jiggling.

Sorry for editing, but I felt like it.
Old 2004-02-26, 01:23   Link #77
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
I think I've just lost what little remained of my faith in humanity. Do you do this to everyone that makes stupid spelling mistaeks? Also, I don't expect anybody to actually take me seriously, so pretty much the only thing I do around here now is crack a joke or two.
Sorry, sorry.... I only chose you because I know you do reviews and such, plus it was very funny. So I brought it to the attention of all for the own personal mirth ^^. But fear not, I had not intended any malice, consider it cracking a joke or two.

Quote:
Actually, we don't know what side he's on right now. According to him, the princess is the evil person. I don't know if we can trust him though, since he hangs out with Black Mikos or whatever the heck they are.
We do know that Crus was a good guy at one point, and then he is sucked into that jewel thing and disappears. When he comes back he is a bad guy (which is the plot twist I assume is referred to earlier as "the worst plot twist ever") I do agree that he is not to be trusted now, but probably not for the same reasons as everyone else. The woman in armor that appeared to have no arms showed concern for Crus while he was the Black Knight after the main char knocked him down in the cells. He has probably found a new love in this woman, which will fit right into the story IMO.

Quote:
I'd enjoy the anime's cheesiness a lot more if they didn't have orgasms every time they transformed. The Pseudo-Cubs Isignia is pretty lame, too. This is an anime that was made for extremely drunk college students, and I think it shows every time they make screeching noises when they transform into their skimpy tennis outfits with their boobies jiggling.
Sometimes you just have to overlook something to enjoy yourself. I understand that they are trying to gain popularity through the male libido with all the grunting and jiggling. I never claimed that this show has no short comings, I just decided that with all the bad reviews it was getting that it deserved an advocate ^^. Plus it really is not nearly as bad as this collaborative thread makes it seem.

If you are thinking about watching this series, for whatever reason, try leaving these preconceived notions you have been bombarded with behind. But don't blame me if it does suck! ^^
Old 2004-02-26, 09:16   Link #78
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Sorry, sorry.... I only chose you because I know you do reviews and such, plus it was very funny. So I brought it to the attention of all for the own personal mirth ^^. But fear not, I had not intended any malice, consider it cracking a joke or two.
I cracked the original joke. It's MY joke!

Quote:
We do know that Crus was a good guy at one point, and then he is sucked into that jewel thing and disappears. When he comes back he is a bad guy (which is the plot twist I assume is referred to earlier as "the worst plot twist ever") I do agree that he is not to be trusted now, but probably not for the same reasons as everyone else. The woman in armor that appeared to have no arms showed concern for Crus while he was the Black Knight after the main char knocked him down in the cells. He has probably found a new love in this woman, which will fit right into the story IMO.
Actually, the plot twist in episode five was Crus telling the Cosprayers that the princess was trying to revive the dark lord or whatever. So far, there has been no indication whatsoever that Crus is one of the bad guys, except for the fact that he's hanging out with a bunch of people named "Black Mikos" or whatever.
Old 2004-02-26, 22:31   Link #79
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
I cracked the original joke. It's MY joke!

Actually, the plot twist in episode five was Crus telling the Cosprayers that the princess was trying to revive the dark lord or whatever. So far, there has been no indication whatsoever that Crus is one of the bad guys, except for the fact that he's hanging out with a bunch of people named "Black Mikos" or whatever.

Your right... there is no indication whatsoever of Crus being bad.... EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE IS THE BLACK KNIGHT !!!!! Who was systematically attacking and capturing the cosprayers!! They show that he is most likely under the controll of some greater power, but Crus is fighting back when he contacts the main char chick and tries to warn her before they destroy the towers....
Old 2004-02-26, 22:33   Link #80
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Your right... there is no indication whatsoever of Crus being bad.... EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE IS THE BLACK KNIGHT !!!!! Who was systematically attacking and capturing the cosprayers!! They show that he is most likely under the controll of some greater power, but Crus is fighting back when he contacts the main char chick and tries to warn her before they destroy the towers....
How can you be sure that he wasn't under some sort of hypnosis due to being inside of the black knight armor? He contacted the main character after his suit of armor was (presumed to be) destroyed by the Cosprayers. He might have been forced to wear the suit of armor again and fight the Cosprayers. After the suit came off, he warned them of what they were doing again.

Of course, if my idea is correct, that would mean that the story would make even less sense than it does now. I think either explanation could be correct.
Closed Thread