AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 10:27   Link #281
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Basically not hard science. Pretty much like the FF getting different powers from cosmic rays.
The funny thing about the episode is the Skruggs created the only weapon on earth that could stop them. I've never met such a bungling race of aliens. At least in independence day, they had to use a mac to upload a virus into the mother ship, but this is just too funny. Talk about irony.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:11   Link #282
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
The funny thing about the episode is the Skruggs created the only weapon on earth that could stop them. I've never met such a bungling race of aliens. At least in independence day, they had to use a mac to upload a virus into the mother ship, but this is just too funny. Talk about irony.
Suddenly I realized Heroman's toy form head could be a homage to the Fantastic Four robot HERBIE.

Spoiler for HERBIE:

In the '78 cartoon instead of Jonny Storm the Human Torch the fourth member was a robot.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:44   Link #283
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well there's quite a lot of shows where the main character controls a powerful mech just by shouting or pushing a button (the amazing Giant Robo for example). Personally i just don't see what's wrong with that.
You forgot levers! Sometimes there's levers!

But I kinda get what others are saying...maybe for them it's more exciting when you're actually in the pilots seat spouting pseudo philosophies instead of outside giving it commands on an iGlove.

I think Joey will be more useful as the story goes on. If this follows typical boy adventure themes, he'll start out as the school wimp and end up growing up a bit...through giant robots and aliens destroying half the planet. ^^
Old 2010-04-09, 13:21   Link #284
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Could it be a physical manifestation of Joey's inner hero? Who knows, but I still think it is a little more plausible (yeah I know the show is implausible) then a kid suddenly becoming a ace mech pilot. That plot device has always irritated me far more then the shouting a spinning disk or toy car to control it
Again I already think Joey probably has superhuman powers from hints in the last episdoe or that arm band gives him some powers that he doesn't know how to use yet so we'll see how that plays out.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:35   Link #285
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

I concur, i think Joey's character development could be based of the fact that "controlling" Heroman he becomes the "Hero". So far I'm looking forward to it. (Slightly biased because it's BONES and i love them, I've loved most of there shows-LOL).
Old 2010-04-09, 21:38   Link #286
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

My brother in all his wisdom said a joke that I'm not sure if somebody here mentioned already, but

"You can't even nuke [the cockroaches in this series]"

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 21:42   Link #287
blewin

Is anyone bothered by how much of a girl Joey looks like? I've just downloaded episode 1 and I'm constantly ticked off by his girly look. Is this a girl or a boy? girl or boy?......

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 22:03   Link #288
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Is anyone bothered by how much of a girl Joey looks like? I've just downloaded episode 1 and I'm constantly ticked off by his girly look. Is this a girl or a boy? girl or boy?......
I think just about everyone has had a similar reaction. I for one don't understand why (his? ) hair couldn't be shorter at least, because that face is pretty much a carbon copy of Lina's face
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 22:10   Link #289
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Pretend he's a girl and imagine the yuri!

As for his power the fact that he didn't die when heroman made that 5 story jump in ep1 with him still on its back should prove that he is at least made more durable.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:23   Link #290
Jarmel

Quote:
Not really, I have a friend who some people think looks like a girl and we laugh our heads off at him. His character design reminds me of a longer haired blond Renton.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 03:33   Link #291
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
He's a 100% boy. <3
Old 2010-04-10, 05:26   Link #292
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Not really, I have a friend who some people think looks like a girl and we laugh our heads off at him. His character design reminds me of a longer haired blond Renton.
Question one...

Do you ship LinaxJoey?

Question two...

Do you prefer yuri or het?

Question Three

Rinse and repeat step 1-2 but replace Lina with Stan Lee.

Question Four
Do you prefer LinaxJoey or JoeyxStan Lee

Depending on your answer to question four, the gender of Joey in the relationship of your choosing is now his official gender. (Yes, there are JoeyxStan Lee pics)

BTW, Stan Lee is a meme now.

Spoiler for Only links that worked on this site.:

Quote:
He's a 100% boy. <3
But he's an All-American trap. Official Trap of the US of A.

Or could it be it's a first day at work thing where this extremely attractive seiyu failed miserably on a more masculine voice and so we resulted in a effeminate?

Spoiler for Lina is even hotter:

That said for Masculine Joey, I'd have pick Rie Kugimiya.

Quote:
Pretend he's a girl and imagine the yuri!
Incidentally, I tried searching up ヒーローマン 百合 (Heroman yuri) on pixiv.

Didn't work.

Danbooru is getting confused though. Joey gets the 'androgynous' tag.

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-04-10 at 05:36.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:10   Link #293
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wasn't it meant to be this way? If the author wanted to make Joey your Rambo in a teen suit, they'd use the classic spikey-haired jeans-and-jacket figure.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:19   Link #294
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wasn't it meant to be this way? If the author wanted to make Joey your Rambo in a teen suit, they'd use the classic spikey-haired jeans-and-jacket figure.
Too many high school shows that cast 25yr+ actors as 16 year olds
Old 2010-04-10, 09:38   Link #295
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Oh, be open minded. Gender doesn't matter as time goes by. Men turn more and more feminine and women become more and more feminists (yikes!)

I don't think there is replay value in this series from what I see so far. It is funny to watch once, especially now that it is a poor anime season. Unless it reaches Tengen Toppa levels later on and people don't keep comparing it with that all the time, lol.

But seriously, where is a hard boiled Kamina to keep us cheering? The lead is a pu**y.

Last edited by roriconfan; 2010-04-10 at 10:08.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:48   Link #296
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
But seriously, were is a hard boiled Kamina to keep us cheering? The lead is a pu**y.
Once Psy fully recover I expect him to fill that roll.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:22   Link #297
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 2, was great. in western sense I got the idea of Hulk and Rick Jones. But I wonder if maybe at some point Heroman will open up and can be controlled from the inside, that would be interesting. Unlike Spider-Man, it seems all of Joey's friends and (some of his enemies) already know about Heroman.
Old 2010-04-10, 10:46   Link #298
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Masahiro Ando is storyboarding episode 4 of Heroman. Squeeel~
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:08   Link #299
solomon

Squeee, indeed. I am honestly surprised how much I like this. Great thing to watch on a friday...........afternoon (almost revealed total lack of social life by saying "night"....oops)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 15:41   Link #300
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Joey is the trap in this season !

Anyway , great animation but with a typical story (still lol for the Americanization ) .
Well , this show is ok , worth watching .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha