AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-05, 18:21   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk-dragon
********Warning: Spoilers Below ***************
(Have not figured out how to use spoiler tags (Sorry lol)
For those who haven't yet learned how to use a spoiler tag, the information is on our forum here. There's a lot of good information if you follow that link, but here's the part about spoiler tags:

[spoiler=last episode of Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai]
Finally Ai has freed herself from hell by having sex with all the damned souls.
[/spoiler]

Will create this:
Spoiler for last episode of Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:03   Link #62
dk-dragon

testing

Hmm , i see i see ,thanks

Spoiler for Testing :
dk-dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:11   Link #63
chucky
Always impatient

After catching up what I left behind since the x'mas, I have to say ep 12-14 are quite good. Aside from minor logical problems or unexplained vacuum here and there in each of those 3 stories, at least each episode is minimally compelling and persuasive, and the story is a lot more robust and interesting than anything they came up with in the past.

That's exactly what the series should have aimed at from the beginning. Well, wish it can keep up the good work, though I am very skeptical about this.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 10:17   Link #64
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

I was away for about 3 weeks for vacation with my family and I come back to find the forum totally different Damn those hackers... As for Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai... unfortunately I did not save it Building it over from scratch is possible to a degree since the inspirations for the gags are in each of the episodes but it'll no longer be the same Anyway I'm about 3 episodes behind with schoolwork to catch up on so I won't be reading the rest of this thread until I'm caught up with both... till then.. ja..
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 16:20   Link #65
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Jigoku Shoujo 14? What the...?
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 16:51   Link #66
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie
Jigoku Shoujo 14? What the...?
Yes, the latest episode (in raw format) is episode 14. The latest episode in subbed format is episode 8. Episode 8 has just been released subbed.

And no offense to anyone, but I'm seriously losing interest in this show as it is. I no longer even want to watch the subbed version after watching the raw.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:25   Link #67
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

But, episode 14 was released in a subbed format, it's listed on ASuki, by Jelly Caption Team.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 18:12   Link #68
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie
But, episode 14 was released in a subbed format, it's listed on ASuki, by Jelly Caption Team.
Wow, that's interesting. Oh well, all the better for us! Or at least, the people that are still watching this...
Old 2006-01-07, 22:51   Link #69
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Finally caught up with the eps.. 12 and 13 gave me goosebumps... and were probably the best episodes ever.. this is the stuff I've been waiting to see from Jigoku Shoujo since the very beginning... It really makes me think JS would have benefited from being a 13-ep series (with corresponding jettisonning of extraneous all-about-vengence eps) and focusing more on this earlier... 14 then marks the end of the "mid-series high" tho at least the story was slightly more complex than the worst of the earlier eps...

Spoiler for short Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai ep 13 blurb:

btw Flo.. your ep13 Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai was very good! Who says you can't do it alone?

Last edited by melange; 2006-01-07 at 23:35.
Old 2006-01-08, 07:46   Link #70
reiayanami20

Send a message via MSN to reiayanami20
jigoko shojo 14, it's our first time doing this subs! we did it in such a hurry so sure i made a lot of mistakes-_-|| please tell me

i hope that you enjoyed our episodes

our Website: http://bbs.winsong.org/ OR http://bbs.yt-club.com

now it only chinese

but i will make it in english for 2WEEKS
-_,- may be
reiayanami20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 12:48   Link #71
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
While the translation differs from shinsen I can't attest to its accuracy (or lack their of)

Some points felt off, I did love the effect you tried for the gaggle of notes on the door.

Now...
As to the episode itself...
I really wish we'd had this level of true complexity from the start. Killing people will leave a whole and condemn yourself in place of the things your loved ones wanted.

Was the mayor supposed to look like someone. His face seemed peculiar in style (then again the reporter's daughter seems to spontaneously develop bobble or worse Maromi head at times).

Its getting plainer and plainer the string pullers are losers playing a negative sum game.

I am really starting to distruct that spider. At first I just thought it was "Grandma" now I think its watcher from Enma's Dad or something.

I'm pretty much getting an Aiden vibe from the reporter's Daughter. Now to be fair I *just* watched the Ring 2 (and Scary Movie 3) over the break so I am likely projecting. I also know the Ring series (both of them) draw from basic horror traditions of uncatchable ghosts. The human heart expanded out from the rib cage over the world and so the players within it are like figments in the spirits demented imagination.

But still I'm not seeing much new ground being coverred. At least they've stopped cycling the plots. I get that establishing a formula is important. So they do that for eps 1-6. 7 begins more serious divergence. 8 sets up a series conflict. 14 is all about undermining the conceits of episodes 1-6 (they're not THAT evil, yeah even pedo-boy, its called a gun pick up some training in it).

I can't hope to tell the little girls apart in this series (aside from Enma and Bone Lady) which is a plus when they want to pull costuming shennanigans but just makes connecting with a victim - who not only looks like the previous but often rotely ACTS like one- each episode. Especially if the tragedy they are into vegeance over can be resolved or gotten over less at the price of their own soul (say nothing if the person themselves don't deserve it).

I loved chunky boy with the SMB2 Phantasm mask and without the mask. I am a little disturbed how easily guys go evil in this series.
I still say baseball dude was the dumbest guy ever (audio recording, how about CONFESSING TO THE POLICE) though the girl with the dog is a damned close second.
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 17:33   Link #72
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

Send a message via MSN to evillily Send a message via Yahoo to evillily
i'm the english subtitle translator from the jelly caption team. sorry about that, can you tell us what were the differences? so that we can change them in the future. anyway, we will do our best!!
evillily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 01:32   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillily
i'm the english subtitle translator from the jelly caption team. sorry about that, can you tell us what were the differences? so that we can change them in the future. anyway, we will do our best!!
Hi, glad to meet you.

If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions, I'm really curious why you are translating this into English since you are a Chinese group. (I notice that you've previously done this with Rozen Maiden as well.) Would you mind telling us about it? Are you planning to keep subbing this into English, or just a few episodes?

Sorry, that I can't answer your question. I am still waiting for episodes 9-13 to be translated before I will watch episode 14.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 06:34   Link #74
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

nice to meet you too~

Rozen Maiden? i didn't do it... coz like i just joined the jelly caption team 2 days ago and jigoku shojo was my first time. last time when i went to the bbs, i saw a post saying that the team want someone to translate the english subtitles. and coz i live in australia, i thought maybe i am able to do it~ i love jap animations and i like learning languages a lot as well.
i think i'll do more for jigoku shojo, please tell me about any mistakes i made-_-|| as a chinese, maybe my english's still not good enough for a translator. anyway, i'll do my best.
i'm translating the new anime [fate] into english now as well.

ps. all the chinese caption teams are so fast... even for english subtitles... u know y?! because there are too many of them, and they all want to be the fastest...
Old 2006-01-11, 01:42   Link #75
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
No Jigoku Shoujo this week. Kids Station aired a recap episode to allow the other stations to catch back up (since Kids Station didn’t take a winter break).
So, it WAS a recap episode. Tuesday feels so empty now.
Old 2006-01-11, 01:47   Link #76
Squid
Flame Haze

Send a message via MSN to Squid
I watched this Anime for a while, and I liked it, but after a few episodes it became a bit uninteresting and boring. In the beginning I founded it to be quite refreshing though. The 'murders' by Ai became less interesting in my opinion. Perhaps I will pick this up in the future again, but I don't think so...

Too bad, this could become a great Anime.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 18:15   Link #77
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

yeh, i thought so.
i watched and did the subtitles for 14 first, it was a bit boring. yesterday i watched episode 2, the story was better...
Old 2006-01-11, 19:42   Link #78
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

Spoiler for last episode of Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai:

Can't wait for that!

Banzai for Fan Doujinshi! BANZAI!

Old 2006-01-11, 20:54   Link #79
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

I came across this on danbooru beta and cos I'm also a big marimite fan it really tickled my funny bone
Spoiler for Jigoku Shoujo X Marimite crossover:

source is from here and it has up to page 15...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-01-12, 13:06   Link #80
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Spoiler for Since Episode 15 is just a Recap Episode....:

Just Kidding.

Spoiler for MJS Ai:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror