AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-08, 00:58   Link #221
Wesley84

I think fanservice just loses all meaning when it's so blatant.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:12   Link #222
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

see what i meant he just want to hide the fanservice by making it into a plain viewable anytime any angle

(wich is by the way is kinda dumb)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 02:06   Link #223
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
see what i meant he just want to hide the fanservice by making it into a plain viewable anytime any angle

(wich is by the way is kinda dumb)
Then it’s not consider fanservice rather a norm. Some people just need to relax and take in the fanservice as being natural or part of the scenery. Clearly the writers are making everyone else in society considering it normal, to the nekomimi being a staple wear for all females old and young to the no pants which is visible on everyone.

It’s similar to going to the beach, showing off your swim suit on the beach is consider normal, everyone does it so why would anyone feel embarrassed about it. The same can be said about the strike witches world if everyone wears the same thing why would anyone object to it. Just before I finish writing I'm going to stress there is a difference between swimsuit and underwear, I know someone is going to bring up Yoshika changing scene.

EDIT: Saeko Chiba is surely growing on me, she's also got a good vocal range. While I'm not familiar with her many roles, her voice in Dokuro-chan( Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan) and Azmaria(chrno crusade) are quite unique.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-07-08 at 02:19.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 02:23   Link #224
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ok nemuru you just said what i was trying to say ty

also it is upto you if you call it fanservice or not to me anime is anime so there!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-07-08, 02:56   Link #225
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I think fanservice just loses all meaning when it's so blatant.
Eh, I tend to disagree with that notion. I mean, sure the very terminology of fanservice tends to be for those rare moments when we do get that special 'service', but I think it's more the better if EVERY part of a show is like a fanservice. Especially if a show just shamelessly goes for the fantastical (whether it'd be in action or in fanservice), I would think just putting in the fanservice left and right won't be a big deal. If it's a show that is trying to be realistic, serious, etc, then it might be a matter of inconsistency in that case.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 03:04   Link #226
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well we all have opinions that is why we have this thread soo any more opinions????
Old 2008-07-08, 03:27   Link #227
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Eh, I tend to disagree with that notion. I mean, sure the very terminology of fanservice tends to be for those rare moments when we do get that special 'service', but I think it's more the better if EVERY part of a show is like a fanservice. Especially if a show just shamelessly goes for the fantastical (whether it'd be in action or in fanservice), I would think just putting in the fanservice left and right won't be a big deal. If it's a show that is trying to be realistic, serious, etc, then it might be a matter of inconsistency in that case.
Hm, yeah, well, actually when you get right down to it, it's just not good fanservice. The girls are the wrong body-types/age, the outfits/character designs are too plain, and the delievery is poor. It's like a bad parody.
Old 2008-07-08, 03:37   Link #228
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Hm, yeah, well, actually when you get right down to it, it's just not good fanservice. The girls are the wrong body-types/age, the outfits/character designs are too plain, and the delievery is poor. It's like a bad parody.
I don't remember a definition of fanservice in the dictionary. Oh and if big over sized boobs on tall blondes with peanuts for brains and legs of horses is what you are impling as "good fanservice" with the "body-type/age" comment then sorry, I must be one of the few people who thinks that kind of fanservice should be burned from the face of the earth.

You don't even like the show and you're talking about what those that like it should like about it?! Go away please...
Old 2008-07-08, 03:42   Link #229
Nemuru

Quote:
Is it safe to assume you’re not within the targeted demography? While I try not to judge others, to me the show is clearly aiming at lolicon’s to be blunt maybe moe fans to some extent. Someone with a loli fetish will clearly disagree with you on the fanservice. Swimsuit+loli = win ^^, while I have nothing against fan service I believe it is fanservice that’s works with the intended crowd feel free to disagree if you feel people who have loli fetish will find the fan service here unacceptable.

The male teacher in Azumanga Daioh is an example of someone with school girl fetish, while it’s done in a form of satire it isn’t strange for people to enjoy certain elements which may turn off some viewers such as school swimsuits.
And on the whole subject fanservice it's rather tame here, besides from swimsuit and pan up shots there isn’t any emphasis for erotic scenes as such.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 03:48   Link #230
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I don't remember a definition of fanservice in the dictionary. Oh and if big over sized boobs on tall blondes with peanuts for brains and legs of horses is what you are impling as "good fanservice" with the "body-type/age" comment then sorry, I must be one of the few people who thinks that kind of fanservice should be burned from the face of the earth.

You don't even like the show and you're talking about what those that like it should like about it?! Go away please...
Did I wrong you in a previous life?
Old 2008-07-08, 05:24   Link #231
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Lol, this is dumb, there isn't good or bad fanservice, more o less fanservice is the same fo every kind of stereotype used in a show. Oh, if u think is bad is YOUR problem so just don't leech it and stop trolling.

Btw, some excellent drawings of main characters (contain spoilers):
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/087/87915/

Last edited by Fnights; 2008-07-08 at 06:16.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 06:21   Link #232
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Lol, this is dumb, there isn't good or bad fanservice, more o less fanservice is the same fo every kind of stereotype used in a show. Oh, if u think is bad is YOUR problem so just don't leech it and stop trolling.

Well you can just go to hell I guess.
Old 2008-07-08, 07:11   Link #233
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Well you can just go to hell I guess.
Very good argument. I wait u come with me in the hell... troll.

Last edited by Fnights; 2008-07-08 at 08:32.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 08:53   Link #234
kaosmos

....Well in my case,it's here so i'll take it,im not watching for the fanservice anyway.
And i won't let some....i mean numerous panty shot ruin what i've been waiting for.

This show should be added to the legendary anime section,for it has miyuki sawashiro in it....ok i'm fanboying there.. XD
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 11:51   Link #235
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Here's my explaination for the lack of pants. Witches all have tails and thus they don't want the trouble of dealing with pants when they sprout them. Failing that one's legs being bare or covered in a very thin layer of clothing(those we've seen wearing pantihose/tights) is conducive to the use of magic. Most women can use magic to varying degrees and so most of the women we see will be pantsless. The older women wears pants because they've probably achieved high control or the requirement for bare legs is lifted by some change in the nature of their magic as a result of their advancing years. All the Strike Witches are Witches so all have bare legs.In addition women who have stupidly low levels of magic or none at all may go pantsless in order to create the illussion they've got as much magic as everybody else.

As for the main characters extreme pacifism the preview for the next ep suggests she's cured of it double time
Old 2008-07-08, 12:05   Link #236
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
that doesn't explain why they wear a mizugi XD
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 12:10   Link #237
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Not all of them do some simply wear regular old panties. I'm going with it being a dependent on the fashion of the country of their origin thing so other countries would wear differant types of undergarments/swimwear/etcetera but all would fulfil the requirement of keeping the legs effectively bare.
Old 2008-07-08, 12:52   Link #238
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
No Charlotte, no interest. (my new motto for this show)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:56   Link #239
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Not all of them do some simply wear regular old panties. I'm going with it being a dependent on the fashion of the country of their origin thing so other countries would wear differant types of undergarments/swimwear/etcetera but all would fulfil the requirement of keeping the legs effectively bare.
gentleman we have a winner

hehe well you found a logical explanation now I'm sure no one will doubt the logic of the no-pantsu feshion of strike witches XDD
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 17:13   Link #240
Wesley84

Quote:
Actually looking at those, maybe tails popping out of girls' backsides is a common feature in their world? That might explain the lack of pants.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume