Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-17, 15:53   Link #4621
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
This kid sure is lame .. everyone beats him up but at least he ''saved'' his girl ... he should go join the karate or judo club .. lol
We're not in a shonen with super power or genius karate kids
Old 2012-11-17, 16:08   Link #4622
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
We're not in a shonen with super power or genius karate kids
He could have at least gotten a swing in. Instead he got his arm held down and his face pummeled in.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:17   Link #4623
nfsac

well we saw Tooru beating those 3 kids who did the prank back in the day, so yeah more than a stalker, a violent stalker and now kidnaper, I wonder what will he do now?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:18   Link #4624
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
He could have at least gotten a swing in. Instead he got his arm held down and his face pummeled in.
But is being able to brawl really such an important personal skill that people who can't do it have no worth to you?
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:37   Link #4625
Gundamx

Losing like man is one thing > losing like hitting-bag is another thing.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:45   Link #4626
cero_86

keyboard warriors everywhere
he got the girl all that matters.
cero_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:50   Link #4627
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
he got the girl all that matters.
Still, a man got to have some pride and put up a fight. I've seen midgets put up a better fight against 6 foot tall guys. That was just plain................yeah, I can't find any words to describe Utsumi kindly in that situation any who can please post them up to enlighten my vocabulary.

The excuse is that his hands were tore up of climbing is not an excuse.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 17:04   Link #4628
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Still, a man got to have some pride and put up a fight. I've seen midgets put up a better fight against 6 foot tall guys. That was just plain................yeah, I can't find any words to describe Utsumi kindly in that situation any who can please post them up to enlighten my vocabulary.

The excuse is that his hands were tore up of climbing is not an excuse.
Everyone knows that Utsumi's main role is being a doormat, so I dont see a reason to be mad. If another guy's feet are clean then Utsumi did his job!
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 17:12   Link #4629
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Everyone knows that Utsumi's main role is being a doormat, so I dont see a reason to be mad. If another guy's feet are clean then Utsumi did his job!
Still, if this is suppose to be a Slice of Life Manga, at least portray Utsumi as a normal man with the competence to put a fight up like anyone can.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:25   Link #4630
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
I had a good laugh

The ultimate skill that ends conflicts, a slap across the face. Now I'm waiting for Naruto to slap Obito&Madara and we have a happy ending.

About Utsumi not fighting back, if you look closely Tooru's left cheek is slightly red (well, dark actually), which indicates he was either punched or Utsumi tried to attack him. It just happened the author decided to switch back to the group during Ustumi's 'manly' moment.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:26   Link #4631
Arkard

To be fair, as mentioned in the chapter, his hands are all screwed up from climbing in, plus he's been running around all day/night looking for Yuki.

That face on Tooru when Yuki calls out his name is priceless.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:55   Link #4632
solomon

So yea, I never call shit in sits like this cause you can never ensure that you yourself would not have your ass dealt to you in the same way...........seriously now lets drop the semantic dick measuring......

Here is likely where the manga reaches a turning point. Ucchi "won" Yuki, so now really all they have to do is do the nasty to put a period on this...............buuuuuuuutttt seeing as this is a long running shonen they likely will pull SOME sort of left field bullcrap. I mean no one has heard anything about Sasuga ending this soon right?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:01   Link #4633
Diveman

After looking cool and saying those words, Utsumi surely got his ass kicked. Also...Yuasa/Tohru ship?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:52   Link #4634
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Still, if this is suppose to be a Slice of Life Manga, at least portray Utsumi as a normal man with the competence to put a fight up like anyone can.
Well he is just the type of character whop is called "All bark, but no bite". He talks big, looks cool but always ends up having his ass handed to him.

If he would not be a main character he would be very annoying like Scrappy-Doo though in all honesty Scrappy-Doo would kick Utsumi's ass too.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:58   Link #4635
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well he is just the type of character whop is called "All bark, but no bite". He talks big, looks cool but always ends up having his ass handed to him.

If he would not be a main character he would be very annoying like Scrappy-Doo though in all honesty Scrappy-Doo would kick Utsumi's ass too.
Hmm...............I got a mental image of Scrappy-Doo throwing pies at Utsumi's face......thanks for that, really helps me calm down.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:17   Link #4636
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

If he fought back he would have compounded the situation.

As a caveman you could have fought back and probably escalated the fight into something far more serious than it had already turned into.

As a man though, well he was smart enough not to do so with a guy that had obviously lost his fucking marbles, regardless of whether or not he just stood there and got beat up for it.

The real important issue here is that hot chick with the wind tunnel hair! COME BACK TO US

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 17:18   Link #4637
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
If he fought back he would have compounded the situation.

As a caveman you could have fought back and probably escalated the fight into something far more serious than it had already turned into.

As a man though, well he was smart enough not to do so with a guy that had obviously lost his fucking marbles, regardless of whether or not he just stood there and got beat up for it.

The real important issue here is that hot chick with the wind tunnel hair! COME BACK TO US
yes he could have escalated it passed kidnapping assault and various other things .... by guarding his face, or making an attempt to restrain the lunatic before a couple girls come along and did it for him... well it's ok It's just a manga and I've been getting way to into it lately I should read some 4 koma and stop being overly serious about it
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:06   Link #4638
jzmagic
flargansbog

SK was definitely trolling that chapter. Utsumi jumped down from what looked to be a 2 story drop and SK illustrated it like he was ready to kick some ass. Instead he gets his ass taxed. And then Yuki goes on about not wanting to "hate the Touru she loved"? I guess she must still want to be friends with him
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:34   Link #4639
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There shouldn't be a reason why Ustumi couldn't put up a fight. I reread it, the whole time Utsumi put his left hand on Touru's knee the whole time and his right hand to cover his face. When Utsumi tried to throw a punch, it got stop. From what I learn from my cousin who is in the Navy, if you're opponent stops your punch when you are on your back it leaves him wide open to take your other hand to grab the opponent's hand then pull on it. It results in your opponent flipping over and allowing you to take the top, usually my cousin tells me the right move to do is either take the hand used to flipped him over and give him an armbar or mount him. Another way Utsumi could have done is to used Touru's punch against him by dodging the punch and holding his arm then apply a Kimura by adjusting the opponent's arm by 90 or so degrees towards the direction opposite of the body. Both of which could have disable Touru's fighting ability to continue.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-11-18 at 19:00.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:00   Link #4640
DarkRaven
GOD

lol oh well at least the girl was rescued, the bad guy defeated, hero got beat up but managed to get his girl back, everyone's happy ... GOOD ENDING INDEED!!
i wonder what's going to happen from now on...
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi