Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 21:12   Link #121
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Oi, I'm really liking the different clothes and such we see all of them in~

I like Nami's new long hair, cause we get to see it in sooooooo many different ways from now on, and am I the only one who likes Robin with short hair~?
Old 2011-02-03, 23:38   Link #122
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I summarized a few v61 SBS pages from spoiler campics, at the usual place.
Old 2011-02-04, 03:50   Link #123
Ermes Marana

Very interesting.

Robin looks amazing there.

Nami looks way better with shorter hair, but from those I kind of like the one with her hair up just to get it out of the way.

Luffy may get a jacket like that later on.

Zoro has a sketch with both eyes open... but also a sketch with an eye patch...
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:09   Link #124
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I summarized a few v61 SBS pages from spoiler campics, at the usual place.

Thanks once again, dude!

Anyway, to sum it up, we get confirmation that the Florian Triangle is based off the Bermuda Triangle (pretty obvious), The tree at Rusukaina island is based off the Daft Green from Strong World (though it's not the exact same tree, since it lacks poisonous gas and whatnot), and the most interesting out of them.....well, I think aohige's words will suffice here:

Quote:
Reader is asking if the smiley/sadface mark on Ace's hat had any meanings such as:
Sadface: Was it ok for me to be born into this world?
Smiley: Thanks you pops and Luffy for loving me, I'm glad I was born

He also mentioned how Ace's expressions right before he died was correlating to it

Oda basically answers he was surprised when someone first pointed it out.
Meaning, it was coincidental.

Oda did, however, mention that when Ace was first introduced, the fate he will follow as well as his story was already decided in his head.
The smiley/sadface mark though, was just a fashionable trinket, he didn't have any deep meaning behind it.
Ace's expression at his death just came naturally.

The rest of the statement is long, expression why he smiled, what it means, how gentle it was, yadayada.

The Ace fans may not be too happy to learn that their favorite characters' fate was set in stone right from the get-go.....

Anyway, the rest of the SBS pages should be appearing soon, so there may yet be more interesting bits of info to discover!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 14:46   Link #125
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, the rest of the SBS pages should be appearing soon, so there may yet be more interesting bits of info to discover!
Such as the names of the Devil Fruits that were eaten by the Supernovas, Impel Down gaurds, New World pirates, Marineford Vice Admirals, Akainu, Doflamingo, and possibly Lafitte. So I hope.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:17   Link #126
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Indeed. We need to know the names of several DFs. In general, more USEFUL info .
Old 2011-02-04, 15:30   Link #127
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Such as the names of the Devil Fruits that were eaten by the Supernovas, Impel Down gaurds, New World pirates, Marineford Vice Admirals, Akainu, Doflamingo, and possibly Lafitte. So I hope.
DoFlamingo's will be revealed in the future.

I'm just guessing, but in the manga - the sound Akainu's DF made as he was reforming after being blasted by all the cannons - was "crackle"
http://img28.imageshack.us/i/0045492072.jpg/

..and that is pretty much the sound magma makes..so i'd say it'd be crackle-crackle fruit...or however you say that in japanese.

I'd like to know what Ace & Whitebeard's bounties were. Both are gone now - it'd be nice to see....

kinda sad that Ace's fate was always gonna be death. Poor guy.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-04 at 19:25. Reason: Don't link to scan sites, upload the image to an image hosting site instead.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:35   Link #128
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'd like to know what Ace & Whitebeard's bounties were. Both are gone now - it'd be nice to see....
The total collective bounty of the WB pirates must be ridiculously high (I would expect this from any emperor and their crew, actually). The strawhats probably pale in comparison to them.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2011-02-04 at 15:46.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 17:04   Link #129
marvelB

Yeah, bounties would be great (I personally want to know the bounties of Whitebeard's NW allies myself), but I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing that sort of info on an SBS anytime soon. But then again, it was through the question corner where we learned that Eneru's hypothetical bounty is 500 million, so there may still be a sliver of hope......

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more of those post-skip sketches (as well as sketches of other characters, as well). It's fun (albeit sometimes disappointing) to see that what could have been....
Old 2011-02-07, 11:41   Link #130
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The total collective bounty of the WB pirates must be ridiculously high (I would expect this from any emperor and their crew, actually). The strawhats probably pale in comparison to them.
I'd expect WB's bounty alone would be higher than the SH's. I'd expect every 1 of his commanders would at least have a bounty of 100 Million - i'd expect there'd be many more within the crew with lesser bounties.

I'd also expect every NW Captains that turned up durin the war would at least have a 100 Million Bounty on their head.

I guess we'll see just how high bounties actually go when the SH's hit the New World.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:55   Link #131
Kallen4life

WB should definitely have at least 800ish mil in my opinion

the billion mark may be reserved for Dragon
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 18:52   Link #132
marvelB

Well, more SBS info has appeared. However..... there's nothing really special here. Still, it's quite a coincidence that the last few posts were talking about the Whitebeard commanders, because a couple of questions actually concern them! One of them is asking why Namur (commander #8, the merman) doesn't appear on volume 57's cover, to which Oda responds that it was a printing mistake (since he appears in the original version of said cover). The other question is much more amusing:

Spoiler:

However, my favorite bit of info by far concerns Oda's month-long vacation from last year. Once again, I let aohige do the talking here:

Quote:
"I want a break. I need to pla..... I mean I need time to come up with the new plot for the story... like 3 weeks"
"Alright, if you're willing to do the returning chapter with extra pages and color, we'll give you one month break"

This was the conversation Oda had with the editor.
So what he did do during the break?

Apparently he went to Hawaii and had fun.

A ton of readers sent him letters saying if he's ok, if he's sick, yadayada
Oda's answer is MAN I WAS HAVIN' A BLAST IN HAWAII THANK YOU VERY MUCH
He says he doesn't get to spend time with his family very often, so he took em for a well deserved vacation.

Now that's just plain awesome. Really glad to learn that Oda actually took time to unwind during that period, since he works his butt off enough as it is (though some people seem to think otherwise......). Personally, I'd have no objection to him taking a vacation every year, since he's more deserving of the time off unlike a certain DQ junkie......
Old 2011-02-08, 20:18   Link #133
Paraden1989

It is the Straw Hat! because it is in One Piece!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 21:18   Link #134
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I expect Oda to have been wearing a strawhat on the beaches of Hawaii~
Old 2011-04-30, 12:31   Link #135
marvelB

Aaaannnnnd it's bumpin' time!

Anyway, volume 62's out now, so you know what that means! The info comes from various sources (mainly aohige and Greg's translations, though):

-Time to start with the most interesting piece of info by far: WE GET THE NAME OF AKAINU'S FRUIT! Ol' admiral Clifford has the powers of the Magu Magu fruit (comes from "magma", obviously).

-Luffy's latest scar comes from when Akainu magma-fisted him and Jinbei at Marineford, as some of us already guessed.

-Turns out there was an error a few chapters back. Remember how Zoro's bounty was apparently raised to 160 million? Well, his bounty wasn't actually raised at all (meaning he's still a 120 million bounty supernova). Sorry, Zoro fans, but it looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer for his next bounty hike.....

-Interesting bit of trivia about the supernova Killer: Apparently, he eats while still wearing his mask. He chiefly eats pasta, and drinks sake through a straw.

-Apparently, Luffy going back and forth from fat to skinny and fat again while eating takoyaki in volume 51 has something to do with a "diet rebound" (lol).

-Remember the sketches from OP Green that showed Katarina was originally going to be some hot cat-eared samurai chick? Turns out Oda changed his mind on that since he ultimately decided that Blackbeard's crew would be the most piratelike one of them all, and having someone cute like that as a part of the crew wouldn't fit (personally, I totally agree with him on this one).

-The Goa kingdom's Grey Terminal slum is based on the Smoky Mountains from the Phillipines.

-Uh, so apparently a Penis Fleur would be possible if a dude ate Robin's DF.....

-And on that note, the clouds Oda draws are based on his farts....

-Going back to non-silly trivia, we get some interesting info about Law: The supernova's habit of addressing people with the suffix of "-ya" is a way that people from the Edo period addressed each other by their profession.

-And on that note, we get the names of those other two dudes from Law's crew: Penguin (the dude with the "penguin" hat, obviously), and Shachi (uh, that other dude with a hat. His name means killer whale/orca).

-Now here's something real interesting: Oda seems to imply that Garp's "Fist of Love" from W7 was literally using the power of love, NOT Haki. This may be further explored in the future.....

Well now, this was an interesting SBS. Definitely more informative than the last couple Q&As (and hey, we even get the name of Akainu's fruit!). But now I wonder how many penis jokes volume 63's SBS will have.....?
Old 2011-04-30, 14:00   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Uh, so apparently a Penis Fleur would be possible if a dude ate Robin's DF.....

-And on that note, the clouds Oda draws are based on his farts....
Brilliant on both parts.
Old 2011-04-30, 17:12   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll never look at clouds the same way again

Thanks for the infos. It makes sense for Zoro's bounty to have remained the same, since he didn't do anything those past two years... On the other hand, I'm still hoping Franky's did get a raise thanks to his antics.
Old 2011-05-02, 06:50   Link #138
Kallen4life

Quote:
-uh, so apparently a penis fleur would be possible if a dude ate robin's df.....

-and on that note, the clouds oda draws are based on his farts....
do not want
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 14:15   Link #139
marvelB

I like how the silly/pointless info seems to be getting the most attention so far (but alas, such is the nature of the SBS).

Anyway, it's really cool that Oda's been giving us all this DF info during these recent few SBS corners (the name of Sengoku and Tsuru's fruits, more detailed explanations of Whitebeard and Marco's fruits, etc.). I really hope he continues this trend for future corners! Maybe he'll give us the name of Onigumo's spider zoan next! Or perhaps he can even tell us more about the abilities of some of the other Whitebeard commanders (Jozu's diamond fruit, that insane "pocket" power that we saw used by Blamenco), or even the NW captains (like Makugai (who seems to also have an electric DF power), or Aylwan/Islewan (the walrus guy))......
Old 2011-05-02, 14:52   Link #140
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm sure a few of those will be revealed in the series proper.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote