AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-15, 18:21   Link #81
James Rye

MAIKO A CUTE! A CUTE!!!

Lolz, Yotaro got a loli wife now and said wife doesn't even know that yet. xD

Wait a second, did Yotaro/Knight Lancer nearly killed Kogoji-san if badass Maid hadn't saved him? o.O

Also isn't Shin, his father, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young looking to have a son? Dude looks like he is as old as Yotaro himself!

Alice was golden this episode, hope we see her squire training and becoming a badass knight someday.^^

Next episode starts the whole school business meaning more girls for Knight Lancer to save and be adored by. xD
Old 2015-10-15, 20:22   Link #82
Blueknight78

OMG the pedobear is strong in this series...

pedoknight father is a immortal????? the guy just look so young as almost his son...
well then now we know why pedoknight is a lolicon if him is immortal like his father then he really need a "very young" wife to have more time...

Man in the same way i feel gulty of shame to watch Lesbian Island(Valkira) i feel here with this anime, a 6 years old girl talking about marriage... omg it's so wrong..., really japan??? really??? what will be the next level of lolicons a baby???? , omg really mixed feelings on that anime.
Old 2015-10-15, 20:38   Link #83
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 03

Hmm...well...not so bad, but not overwhelming either. Perhaps I will steamroll after when the season is done, but for now I think I will put it on the backburner.
Old 2015-10-15, 20:56   Link #84
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yoriko truely is an awesome maid and Youtarou finely getting some resolve

Makio looks cute in that dress
Old 2015-10-15, 22:00   Link #85
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
OMG the pedobear is strong in this series...

pedoknight father is a immortal????? the guy just look so young as almost his son...
well then now we know why pedoknight is a lolicon if him is immortal like his father then he really need a "very young" wife to have more time...

Man in the same way i feel gulty of shame to watch Lesbian Island(Valkira) i feel here with this anime, a 6 years old girl talking about marriage... omg it's so wrong..., really japan??? really??? what will be the next level of lolicons a baby???? , omg really mixed feelings on that anime.
You sure you wanna know that? Reeeaaally sure you want to know that answer?
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 22:16   Link #86
Thany
Unfair

I liked that marriage part. I hope they continue down that path personally
Also is it me or is everytime the Zoro music starts it seems to imply the MC is gonna win the fight for sure? I'm really starting to enjoy those musics.
Old 2015-10-16, 00:15   Link #87
chaos_animagic

I... did not... expect... Magic...

Thought this would be like the old Knights and Lancers in a modern age.

But it turns out the "lances" are magic tools... literally magic...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 17:55   Link #88
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This isn't bad... it made me interested in the LN itself. But the anime is skipping around a bit too much to make sense to an anime-only viewer (at least at a deep level).

I think this is a pretty interesting story, with interesting and decent characters, as well as with good OST... and animation... and OP/ED, so I'll keep on watching it. Though I'm more excited about reading the LN.

I'm starting to be able to tell when something is anime-original, adapted from manga, or adapted from LN. I think I don't actually have a preference between these three categories amusingly even though I think other people usually prefer one or the other. I have too many favorites from all 3 categories.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 19:14   Link #89
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomlurker View Post
You sure you wanna know that? Reeeaaally sure you want to know that answer?
Knowing how creep and dark japaneses can go, definitely not!!!!!
Old 2015-10-17, 13:36   Link #90
Wandering Soul

I can't get over how young this art style makes everyone look. Yotaro's father barely looks older than him.
Old 2015-10-17, 19:07   Link #91
cyth
Banned

Have to wonder why even make an anime if you don't plan on animating it properly.

Though I feel like we've gone full swing in pseudo-feminist pop culture theory with this one. From Makio's aspirations of becoming a hero to becoming a fine lady. I can already see some SJWs frothing at the mouth.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 20:13   Link #92
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Have to wonder why even make an anime if you don't plan on animating it properly.

Though I feel like we've gone full swing in pseudo-feminist pop culture theory with this one. From Makio's aspirations of becoming a hero to becoming a fine lady. I can already see some SJWs frothing at the mouth.
I wouldn't call myself an SJW, but I sure as hell did role my eyes. Nothing wrong with just wanting to be a "housewife", but with the whole general setup, it was just a little cringe worthy for me.
Old 2015-10-17, 23:39   Link #93
Thany
Unfair

Quote:

The anime is obviously done for people like me who don't notice those things. I mean seriously I didn't really notice it's badly animated or anything. The whole show was entertaining to me so far and I enjoyed the quick action scenes with the nice background music every time
Old 2015-10-18, 00:56   Link #94
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
could have sworn some of what the characters did looks plain stupid,

Alice had somewhat super strength that manages to take down Yotaro but not that gun wielding kid unless he was stronger than her or Yotaro, unless Yotaro was just holding back & lets himself getting beaten by his own friend,

how the car engine chassis manages to work with that lance stored inside of it unless its her lance that powers the car in the first place,

i know the knights are some what superhuman with magic helping them, Yotaro holding an electrified bar with his bare hands as in like what? trying to break them just with his hands while its fully charged looks just plain wrong in action movie 101,

why the plane never took off as Yotaro was being distracted hell i know, his father helped him by using the spell on the plane as well? not just summoning the lance for his son?

lastly Yotaro's dad looks like as if.......... he is still in his late teens? unless he is older than he looks or using some shit youth pills, unless i am seeing the pattern here where they married really young & his son will continue the family tradition, don't tell his mom is a loli too?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 01:58   Link #95
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
The anime is obviously done for people like me who don't notice those things. I mean seriously I didn't really notice it's badly animated or anything. The whole show was entertaining to me so far and I enjoyed the quick action scenes with the nice background music every time
I'd have a better opinion if Makio just ate cake the whole episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
lastly Yotaro's dad looks like as if.......... he is still in his late teens? unless he is older than he looks or using some shit youth pills, unless i am seeing the pattern here where they married really young & his son will continue the family tradition, don't tell his mom is a loli too?
Maybe his dad was a 6-year-old shota and his mom a teenager when Youtarou was conceived. Nothing a little bit of knight magic couldn't help with. This is pure speculation.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:03   Link #96
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I wouldn't call myself an SJW, but I sure as hell did role my eyes. Nothing wrong with just wanting to be a "housewife", but with the whole general setup, it was just a little cringe worthy for me.
There's nothing wrong with being a "lady". Most girls are trained to be "lady-like" by their parents early on. You can be a "lady" and still be a business woman and be a housewife.
Old 2015-10-19, 10:58   Link #97
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
There's nothing wrong with being a "lady". Most girls are trained to be "lady-like" by their parents early on. You can be a "lady" and still be a business woman and be a housewife.
That's not what she was doing though. She was completely giving up being a hero (someone who gets stuff done and saves people), to being a "lady" (arguably someone who just operates in the background, if at all). Basically she's taking a secondary role for her man. Also a housewife is a married woman whose main occupation is caring for her family, managing household affairs, and doing housework. Not a woman who also has a 9-5 job, so no if you're a business woman even if you do most of the above caring for your family, household chores, etc. you aren't technically considered a housewife. The term is generally used for woman who pretty much only, or mostly do the above that don't have outside work obligations.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with being a housewife, I said as much, or deciding to support ones spouse/significant other from the "side lines" as it were. Obviously what one does for the home is no less significant then what one does at a 9-5. But Makio is freaking six and already giving up her dreams to be an active participant to a passive one. It would have been nice if this show could have been something of a deconstruction of the whole DiD trope. The princess deciding to learn to save herself instead of waiting for her knight in shining armor on a white horse to come rescue her. Makio being only six means there's not a whole lot she can do either way, but it would have been nice.
Old 2015-10-19, 14:50   Link #98
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That's not what she was doing though. She was completely giving up being a hero (someone who gets stuff done and saves people), to being a "lady" (arguably someone who just operates in the background, if at all). Basically she's taking a secondary role for her man. Also a housewife is a married woman whose main occupation is caring for her family, managing household affairs, and doing housework. Not a woman who also has a 9-5 job, so no if you're a business woman even if you do most of the above caring for your family, household chores, etc. you aren't technically considered a housewife. The term is generally used for woman who pretty much only, or mostly do the above that don't have outside work obligations.
I think you are not taking a few things into consideration. One of them is that Youtarou is supposed to be the Chosen One. The other one is that Makio is filthy rich. She's not going to be your typical housewife, she set herself on the path to become a Lady. Not just a lady, but a Lady that's worthy of the Chosen One.

I agree that these things can play into male fantasies, but if we analyze this development naively, we can see that the two are becoming a power symbol. That is, the Chosen One and a Lady worthy of him. One's worth doesn't reflect on the other, they both need to be strong in their own right. What is regrettable is that some people don't see the strength in such a union, but rather two unequal individuals just hanging out together. In real life, sure you have to look at things more pragmatically and look for a partner that is capable of taking care of himself, and yourself if you happen to stumble. But in fantasyscape we can allow ourselves to think in romanticized, even idealized terms. Their union is stronger than them individually. That is the crucial point.
Old 2015-10-19, 16:14   Link #99
Cloudedmind

Quote:
I think you are not taking a few things into consideration. One of them is that Youtarou is supposed to be the Chosen One. The other one is that Makio is filthy rich. She's not going to be your typical housewife, she set herself on the path to become a Lady. Not just a lady, but a Lady that's worthy of the Chosen One.

I agree that these things can play into male fantasies, but if we analyze this development naively, we can see that the two are becoming a power symbol. That is, the Chosen One and a Lady worthy of him. One's worth doesn't reflect on the other, they both need to be strong in their own right. What is regrettable is that some people don't see the strength in such a union, but rather two unequal individuals just hanging out together. In real life, sure you have to look at things more pragmatically and look for a partner that is capable of taking care of himself, and yourself if you happen to stumble. But in fantasyscape we can allow ourselves to think in romanticized, even idealized terms. Their union is stronger than them individually. That is the crucial point.
I see what you're saying and if Makio had been an older character then I'd pretty much agree with you. She'd be kind of like Aina from this seasons Iron-Blooded Orphans, where her role while less physical then a few characters is no less important or admirable. And her new union of sorts will certainly help to change the dynamics in that show. But because of Makio's age that just makes things currently problematic. Regardless of what Makio may try to accomplish, I can't imagine it would bare much fruit. Of course her age and thus seeming helplessness would be a problem whether she choose to be a hero or a lady, so there's not much to be done either way. Basically if she was older then I really wouldn't care because she might actually be able to contribute something useful other then say a magic power up. But at least she's thinking about the future.

As it is, watching that scene my inner little girl just kind of went, why can't she be a heroic lady. Best of both worlds right there.
Old 2015-10-19, 16:32   Link #100
cyth
Banned

^We kind of have to take these anime loli relationships on a symbolic level. For example Makio and the potential of her grown-up self that she projects with her proclamation.

Then again, maybe we shouldn't be looking into this show too deeply.

Tags
action, fantasy