5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-20, 12:56   Link #161
DMurphy

Oh good grief, I should not have to spell this out.

Yes, he is illustrative of something. He's a living, walking demonstration of the corrosive effect that war, poverty, and abuse have on a person's humanity, which is one of the main themes of the series.

Mika is naive, and brutal, and in many ways quite inhuman because his humanity has been worn down by horrors.

He's not meant to be a darkly sexy nihilist who you can project yourself onto for your fantasies, because war and child exploitation is not a 'sexy' topic. He's meant to be an unsettling, maybe even somewhat pitiful example of the dehumanising effect of war and exploitation.

I swear, I've had some weird experiences on this forum, but this is the first time I've seen someone go "You know, I just wish that the victims of child exploitation were, you know ... sexier ..."

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 13:04   Link #162
AswgLaghima08

Everyone wants Iok to die and is pissed when he doesn't, in all honesty what purpose would his death really serve other than making "fans" feel better about themselves. Literally Iok is the type of character that should be kept alive for the simple reason that his ego a fictional characters holds enough weight that it can make the story move but also that he can make REAL LIVE HUMANS piss and moan for months.

Also think that Macky being the mastermind behind Orgas assassination is pretty shallow thinking, yea with orga gone mika and tekkadan are off the leash, but Macky says that running in a Pack is not his style, and if he has faith in their strength, why would he deminish that by killing orga,Thats why it would be shallow Imo

NOBLISS GORDON people seem to forget that this guy is the basically the whole reason for the show. He has been funding and endorsing Kudelia before she even met tekkadan as a faceless patron. The reason Mars branch wanted her dead in S1 was so they could get money from him. He made a deal with Teiwaz to ship arms to the Dort colonies and to take a piece of the half metal and Arms race that boomed after edmonton. Plus even naze and orga mention something about her being owned by someone. This guy is a real villain
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 13:10   Link #163
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AswgLaghima08 View Post
Also think that Macky being the mastermind behind Orgas assassination is pretty shallow thinking, yea with orga gone mika and tekkadan are off the leash, but Macky says that running in a Pack is not his style, and if he has faith in their strength, why would he deminish that by killing orga,Thats why it would be shallow Imo
Macky also has no contact with the outside world at that point.

So, like. Even if he wanted to have Orga assassinated, he can't. Communications are being blocked.

Old 2017-03-20, 14:05   Link #164
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I thought he had a great death scene. Him getting up and bleeding and continuing to move forward was set up beautifully and him doing it protecting one of his men is really fitting.

And because of this, I would disagree about it being unceremonious. Lafter? Her death was sudden and unceremonious. Orga got a speech and a goodbye, he had quite a bit of ceremony.
You forgot to mention that Orga was able to shot one of them.

Lafter just "BAM", and dies. While Orga just shoot them & bleeding to death..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 14:06   Link #165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Shot two of them, actually.
Old 2017-03-20, 16:30   Link #166
NBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Oh good grief, I should not have to spell this out.

Yes, he is illustrative of something. He's a living, walking demonstration of the corrosive effect that war, poverty, and abuse have on a person's humanity, which is one of the main themes of the series.

Mika is naive, and brutal, and in many ways quite inhuman because his humanity has been worn down by horrors.

He's not meant to be a darkly sexy nihilist who you can project yourself onto for your fantasies, because war and child exploitation is not a 'sexy' topic. He's meant to be an unsettling, maybe even somewhat pitiful example of the dehumanising effect of war and exploitation.

I swear, I've had some weird experiences on this forum, but this is the first time I've seen someone go "You know, I just wish that the victims of child exploitation were, you know ... sexier ..."
I agree with this
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 16:52   Link #167
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
I agree with this
Adding to that. It was the reason why Lafter's past wasnt being a prostitute. Okada knew that and avoided on purpose.
Old 2017-03-20, 23:30   Link #168
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Eugene clearly knows in the PV. And Eugene can't keep a poker face to save his life. One look at him or just the sound of his voice should be enough for Mika to get on him and pry out of him what happened.
I'm saying that he won't be seeing Eugene. That he'll be out in the field for most of the episode and because they can't communicate well (and also that they probably don't want to tell him like that, he won't find out until the end when he gets back.

Also, the CD that you feel is being suddenly rushed on him because of Orga's death? I think you are worrying about a moot point. I don't think the move was made to cause any sort of development in Mika. I think that Mika will continue to be what he has always been and that he will follow Orga as always...even if it's unto death...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 10:32   Link #169
Shawdawg

Could McGillis be considered a form of "Human Debris?" Sure he was "privileged" by his adoptive father in the fact he was able to learn and read and do other things, but the way he was exploited and used suggests that he was human debris before being adopted.

May explain his respect for Tekkadan.
Shawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 11:33   Link #170
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawdawg View Post
Could McGillis be considered a form of "Human Debris?" Sure he was "privileged" by his adoptive father in the fact he was able to learn and read and do other things, but the way he was exploited and used suggests that he was human debris before being adopted.

I suspect he was.

At the very least, he definitely came from a very impoverished background.

Old 2017-03-21, 11:33   Link #171
azenable
President of TecoT

whats the chances r the producer actually going for a bad end route
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 11:40   Link #172
Skaddix

I don't think Human Debris by definition can occur on Earth. I don't see Gjhallahorn allowing slavery in their backyard.

But yeah McGillis was definitely poor.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 11:58   Link #173
Shawdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I don't think Human Debris by definition can occur on Earth. I don't see Gjhallahorn allowing slavery in their backyard.

But yeah McGillis was definitely poor.
That is true, but we've seen how corrupt Gjhallahorn is, and what type of man Ignacio is. A Seven Stars Leader adopting a young boy to exploit him is pretty damn corrupt.

Maybe he's not actual Human Debris by definition, but became a good equivalent to one.
Shawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 12:45   Link #174
NBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
whats the chances r the producer actually going for a bad end route
Highly probable imo
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 14:45   Link #175
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawdawg View Post

I think he could very well be considered human debris. He was kidnapped and basically sold into the child sex slave industry where he worked against his will until being sold to the highest bidder.

And basically he was Iznario's sex slave and then later political chess piece until he usurped the man.

So, yeah, I think he was a slave alright which pretty much makes him human debris.

And Earth may be privilaged but that doesn't mean there isn't a dark side where things happen.

Also, do we even know that McGillis was even on Earth in those early years prior to being sold to Iznario? They don't specifically say. He could have been on the colonies for all we know. I'm sure Iznario outsourced for his shota harem. I mean, I don't think Earth would be where you would find so many child sex slaves that you could build a harem of so many blond ones?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-21, 16:34   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I think he could very well be considered human debris. He was kidnapped and basically sold into the child sex slave industry where he worked against his will until being sold to the highest bidder.

And basically he was Iznario's sex slave and then later political chess piece until he usurped the man.

So, yeah, I think he was a slave alright which pretty much makes him human debris.

And Earth may be privilaged but that doesn't mean there isn't a dark side where things happen.

Also, do we even know that McGillis was even on Earth in those early years prior to being sold to Iznario? They don't specifically say. He could have been on the colonies for all we know. I'm sure Iznario outsourced for his shota harem. I mean, I don't think Earth would be where you would find so many child sex slaves that you could build a harem of so many blond ones?
Earth population is potentially huge, and Iznario was one of the most powerful people in the solar system. I don't think a few dozens blond child sex slaves would be difficult to gather, for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 16:48   Link #177
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Earth population is potentially huge, and Iznario was one of the most powerful people in the solar system. I don't think a few dozens blond child sex slaves would be difficult to gather, for him.
Yeah, but Earth is more so thought of as the top tier class in the system. All the really low class seems to be in the colonies and other planets. While I wouldn't be surprised to see it has certain dark places, I think Gjallarhorn would have cleaned up most of the crime on home sphere if just for appearances sake.

And why bother trying to scrounge at the few small dark alleys of Earth when whole sections of the colonies and other areas are available to have your pick and where crime is much more open and Gjallarhorn doesn't give a care?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-21, 16:54   Link #178
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah, but Earth is more so thought of as the top tier class in the system. All the really low class seems to be in the colonies and other planets. While I wouldn't be surprised to see it has certain dark places, I think Gjallarhorn would have cleaned up most of the crime on home sphere if just for appearances sake.
Well, the US is the top tier country in the world today. Can you tell me with a straight face it's a crime-less paradise?

Quote:
And why bother trying to scrounge at the few small dark alleys of Earth when whole sections of the colonies and other areas are available to have your pick and where crime is much more open and Gjallarhorn doesn't give a care?
Because it's closer to home. I doubt he wanted to travel for weeks just to go to the bordello.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 17:54   Link #179
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, the US is the top tier country in the world today. Can you tell me with a straight face it's a crime-less paradise?

Because it's closer to home. I doubt he wanted to travel for weeks just to go to the bordello.
He's just saying why look around on Earth when there's a plentiful supply of such trafficking right there in the colonies and Mars?

Not to mention on your second point that I highly highly doubt he ever went in person. Its just way too risky for someone of his status, and even then people in the 7Stars could still tell something was up (of course they didn't say anything outright and saved it as potential political ammo while saving the face of the organization). Which sorta ties into the first comment since doing such on Earth would be much riskier than outsourcing from somewhere where nobody really cares
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 18:21   Link #180
Skaddix

Gjhallahorn cares about Public Opinion. Mostly they care about the Opinion of the 4 Major Governments. They are all based on Earth. Thus Gjhallahorn has a vested interest on making sure there is no widespread active slavery going on Earth.

That is not to say you cant be poor on Earth. But I am willing to bet it has way better social services then Mars.

Mars has no public education and even the orphanages cost money for you to stay. You work or you starve on Mars. The mortality rate seems pretty darn high. And if you get in shipping there is a good chance Pirates will roll up and steal your Children for the slave trade. Only Gjhallahorn is immune to being attacked. No one fraks with them. But even Teiwaz one of the largest and most powerful gangs around has to fear pirates.

Earth is Your Big City.
Mars is the Wild West.

Also consider how Dort went down. Arianhord rolled up and was gunning down civilians with impunity. On Earth you cant even bring a Ahab Reactor Mech into a city without it being a major treaty violation that was mainly responsible along with some illegal research (not sure the Gen Pop cared about that) and Carta biting it (again not a major concern I would think) for getting Inzario Replaced. And the fighting was limited to out of the city even during a war between two of the Blocs.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote