Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-23, 06:26   Link #381
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Julie is a slave in name only. Nobody treats her like one or refers to her as such. She has quickly made her way into Zanoba and Rudeus' hearts.
I know but remember how social media went insane last year as if the author was supporting slavery and had to comment about it because people kept saying it over and over.
Old 2024-04-23, 09:56   Link #382
Frontier

I definitely don't think they should explain Julie's circumstances to Ruijerd .
Old 2024-04-25, 10:25   Link #383
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The Mana Disaster was right after Rudeus's 10th birthday, so I guess the question is "how old was he when he was sent to tutor Eris?" I want to say he was her tutor for like 3 years, so that'd be 7 years old.

Next question would be how long was Rudy around with them after they were born before being shipped off. And that I have absolutely no idea. Definitely wasn't for too long, since he had his 5th birthday while Roxy was still there if I recall.
Roxy finished tutoring Rudy and left right after he turned 5.

Soon after Rudy met Sylph, and sometime after that we learn that Zenith & Lilia are pregnant, and Rudy was sent away sometime after Norn and Aisha were born.

Rudy's 10th birthday was celebrated by the Boreas Greyrat family 2 years after Eris' 10th birthday, meaning Rudy was around 8 at that time.

So, considering all that, Rudy should be 6+ or 7 when he was sent to tutor Eris.

And the Mana Disaster occurred right after Rudy turned 10.

That would suggest that Norn and Aisha were atleast around 4+ or 5 year old when it occurred.

And considering that Rudy is now around 16 years old, that means Norn and Aisha should be around 10 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I definitely don't think they should explain Julie's circumstances to Ruijerd .
Ruijerd isn't that hot-headed as he was in the past.

Plus, Julie wasn't a kidnapped slave or anything like that, as she became a slave along with her parents because of debt.
So, he can't really do much against it.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 10:59   Link #384
Frontier

It's great to have Ruijerd back! With tales of Aisha's intelligence and commanding nature, as well as Rudeus' beloved master Roxy !

Well, yeah, figures Ruijerd would HAVE to bring up Eris, even if Rudeus would rather talk about anything other than her after all this time...but Ruijerd knows Eris well enough, as well as her feelings for Rudeus, to know that there was probably more to her message than what Rudeus understood. And maybe if he thinks back on it, or is willing to some day hear her out, he'll understand. Though Rudeus seems content with his life now .

Is there anything better in this world than waking up next to your loving wife and getting to discuss things and how to live with your sisters with her ?

Definitely some tension between Ruijerd and Badi from their battles in the Laplace War, but at least they're not ready to throw down again right then and there (seem like Rudy defused that situation just a dad) .

Dang, Norn really wants to be anywhere other than living with her brother. If it's not that he attacked their dad, it's that he's with another woman. But she's stuck with him for now .

Not often you have a little sister who would rather be your maid than go to school, but Aisha is smart enough that she can make that happen. Meanwhile Norn would rather live in the dorm than live with her family, and considering her attitude...maybe that would be for the best .

So Norn is really self-conscious about being the half-sibling, especially because of her own mothers' view of her status as a concubine and apparently Zenith's mother sharing that view. I wonder if Norn views her in a same way? But Rudy fully acknowledges her as his sister and that's what matters .

Rudy was THIS close to being in the doghouse when he got caught with multiple (small-chested) womens' underwear in a bag given to him by Linia and Pursena. I guess they meant well, knowing his tastes, but thank goodness people can believe in Rudy's character here. And Sylphie doesn't have to worry about him looking to other womens' undies for satisfaction. And of course Ariel makes it about their happy sex life .

(Why do I think Ariel is going to do more with that underwear than just give it back...)

Norn still has a bad attitude and doesn't want to talk to Rudy, or anyone, but at least her brother won't let anyone intimidate her. But now it seems like she's turning into a shut-in .
Old 2024-04-28, 12:06   Link #385
GDB

Aww, they didn't have the scene the manga had of Roxy confronting Ruijerd while terrified to try and protect Norn from him. This is Roxy erasure and I won't stand for it!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 18:01   Link #386
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruijerd didn't stick around long, but it was more than enough time for him to figure out Rudeus misunderstood Eris' reason for leaving him because Eris is kind of a huge idiot who can't express herself properly. Roxy is my favorite of the three heroines but I can't wait for Eris to come back because that's bound to be hilarious.

Kinda sad that Aisha likely will never be able to live up to her potential because she's been groomed by her mother to be her brother's faithful servant.

Norn was clearly a daddy's girl so she's not happy to be living with the guy who socked him, and to make things worse, she doesn't remember Sylphie. Letting her live in the dorm was a terrible idea that is clearly backfiring hard. I'm not sure who could reach out to her...
Old 2024-04-28, 18:17   Link #387
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I was hoping Ruj and Rudy would have a spar; 16 eps in, and I still have not seen him pushed to anything close to a limit in combat this whole season =0(.

Aisha truly a perfect sibling to Rudy; super smart, outspoken, polite... at least to Rudy. Probably growing up a bit too fast tho. Hopefully that inferiority complex for being the 'concubine' child is cleared up with Rudy's assurance that he loves both of them the same. Norn on the other hand is really starting to mirror pre-isekai Rudeus; being withdrawn, and just hiding in her room. Feels like she has such a large chip on her shoulder. There's something interesting about the fact that they were raised together for many of their early years, but still have such varied personalities. Maybe Paul isn't the best at parenting? Or Lilia's years of taking care of Rudy made her better equipped at parenting Aisha? Paul learned a lot with Rudy, and after the events of s1, he should have been a much better father, but I do wonder what was the catalyst for Norn's and Aisha's behaviors?

Sylphie continues to be the amazingly perfect wife. There's no way other women can topple her, but I do want Roxy and Rudy to have that moment where they don't see each other as master and student.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 19:00   Link #388
grecefar

I just hope the problem with norm gets solved quickly, the title of the next chapter gives me hope.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 19:18   Link #389
BWTraveller
Born to ship

As far as Norn, I think I can get her issues somewhat. I mean, she so quickly decided she hates Rudy because of the fight, only to probably ever since hear her father and others talk about how great he is and how her dad kind of earned it. Something she probably couldn't accept since, having spent so long with no one but her Daddy and depending on him to protect her and care for her, she probably worshipped him in a sense. Over the years (I'm pretty sure she's 12 now as I think that was the minimum age for the school), I'm sure she started to try and consider that he might at least be better than she thought, but even then accepting that he's not a bad guy means accepting that she was wrong, and that she herself had directed so much hate toward someone who didn't deserve any of it.

Then her father, who was still probably the core of her world, forced her to leave, together with her twin sister who was always so much better than her, to be with her brother. Now she must feel alone, with no one but the sister to whom she feels inferior despite said sister acting like she's the inferior one (and apparently then rubbing salt in those wounds by acting like the only reason Norn isn't superior in more than position is because she's "not trying"), and the brother that she'd tried but never been able to accept. She's surrounded by strangers and people toward whom she has at best complicated feelings, along with probably a lot of concern about whether she can be accepted or deserves to be accepted.

Being trapped alone with strangers and people she can't love and whose love she can't accept, seemingly rejected by the person she loves most, and expected to try harder when all her efforts to that point had done nothing but reinforce her own sense of futility is seriously a lot for a twelve-year-old to handle. Asking to go to the dorms was probably less a matter of not wanting to live with Rudy and more a desperate desire to get away from all of this; unfortunately this isn't a problem she can flee from and so it just leaves her with even less to support her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 19:49   Link #390
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I was hoping Ruj and Rudy would have a spar; 16 eps in, and I still have not seen him pushed to anything close to a limit in combat this whole season =0(.

Aisha truly a perfect sibling to Rudy; super smart, outspoken, polite... at least to Rudy. Probably growing up a bit too fast tho. Hopefully that inferiority complex for being the 'concubine' child is cleared up with Rudy's assurance that he loves both of them the same. Norn on the other hand is really starting to mirror pre-isekai Rudeus; being withdrawn, and just hiding in her room. Feels like she has such a large chip on her shoulder. There's something interesting about the fact that they were raised together for many of their early years, but still have such varied personalities. Maybe Paul isn't the best at parenting? Or Lilia's years of taking care of Rudy made her better equipped at parenting Aisha? Paul learned a lot with Rudy, and after the events of s1, he should have been a much better father, but I do wonder what was the catalyst for Norn's and Aisha's behaviors?

Sylphie continues to be the amazingly perfect wife. There's no way other women can topple her, but I do want Roxy and Rudy to have that moment where they don't see each other as master and student.
Paul's main priority was keeping Norn alive and safe while they were traveling together as he was trying to find the rest of their family. I think it was less of an issue of good parenting and more just an environment/situation that was just not conducive for Norn growing up in an emotionally healthy way because she only had her dad to rely on for so long, her brother made a bad first impression, and both she and her sister have a lot of hang-ups with each other because of their different moms (Zenith's mom probably didn't help).
Old 2024-04-28, 23:50   Link #391
Greenish Growth

I remember thinking when I read this part a long time ago:

"Aisha is like an Anime Sister while Norn is like a....Real-Life Sister."
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 00:34   Link #392
magnuskn

Kinda rushing through things, but that's necessary, otherwise we'd spend four episodes on internal monologues. ^^
Old 2024-04-29, 06:43   Link #393
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What's with Rudeus' sudden promotion to family man? They sure trust him to send the children. Still, that subplot about the two nya girls seems to go nowhere. Wonder what was the point.
Old 2024-04-30, 03:22   Link #394
scififan

Aisha refuses to go to school because she is too bright and overqualified. It is not good to her. She maybe a true genius, but missing opportunity to learn institutional thinking is a missed opportunity. Rudy should help out Aisha by assigning her to help Nanahoshi on constructing summoning spell. By working together, they can change history. Maybe it is Aisha's fate to spend her life as a maid, not not using her talent to change history.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-30, 09:53   Link #395
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Aisha refuses to go to school because she is too bright and overqualified. It is not good to her. She maybe a true genius, but missing opportunity to learn institutional thinking is a missed opportunity. Rudy should help out Aisha by assigning her to help Nanahoshi on constructing summoning spell. By working together, they can change history. Maybe it is Aisha's fate to spend her life as a maid, not not using her talent to change history.
She was literally raised to be a maid so she doesn't think of doing anything other than that. I hope Rudy acknowledges that she can do more than just live her life taking care of him.
Old 2024-05-03, 04:52   Link #396
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-03, 16:49   Link #397
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Aisha showing off her maid outfit .
Old 2024-05-03, 20:10   Link #398
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
As far as Norn, I think I can get her issues somewhat. I mean, she so quickly decided she hates Rudy because of the fight, only to probably ever since hear her father and others talk about how great he is and how her dad kind of earned it. Something she probably couldn't accept since, having spent so long with no one but her Daddy and depending on him to protect her and care for her, she probably worshipped him in a sense. Over the years (I'm pretty sure she's 12 now as I think that was the minimum age for the school), I'm sure she started to try and consider that he might at least be better than she thought, but even then accepting that he's not a bad guy means accepting that she was wrong, and that she herself had directed so much hate toward someone who didn't deserve any of it.

Then her father, who was still probably the core of her world, forced her to leave, together with her twin sister who was always so much better than her, to be with her brother. Now she must feel alone, with no one but the sister to whom she feels inferior despite said sister acting like she's the inferior one (and apparently then rubbing salt in those wounds by acting like the only reason Norn isn't superior in more than position is because she's "not trying"), and the brother that she'd tried but never been able to accept. She's surrounded by strangers and people toward whom she has at best complicated feelings, along with probably a lot of concern about whether she can be accepted or deserves to be accepted.

Being trapped alone with strangers and people she can't love and whose love she can't accept, seemingly rejected by the person she loves most, and expected to try harder when all her efforts to that point had done nothing but reinforce her own sense of futility is seriously a lot for a twelve-year-old to handle. Asking to go to the dorms was probably less a matter of not wanting to live with Rudy and more a desperate desire to get away from all of this; unfortunately this isn't a problem she can flee from and so it just leaves her with even less to support her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Paul's main priority was keeping Norn alive and safe while they were traveling together as he was trying to find the rest of their family. I think it was less of an issue of good parenting and more just an environment/situation that was just not conducive for Norn growing up in an emotionally healthy way because she only had her dad to rely on for so long, her brother made a bad first impression, and both she and her sister have a lot of hang-ups with each other because of their different moms (Zenith's mom probably didn't help).
Both fair points. I revisited the Rudy/disheveled Paul eps back in s1 and seeing what she(and Paul) went through when they teleported does give me reason to emphasize with her more. Sometimes I am blinded by the annoyance of a character, even if I know there may be a justified reason for it =0(... Hopefully next episode brings her discontent and isolation to an end.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 11:00   Link #399
Frontier

Rudeus is on a warpath! His sister has become a shut-in and he's been there, intimately, and he knows exactly what causes someone to become a shut-in and how emotionally crippling and difficult it can be. And as her elder brother, it's his duty to help her through this and tear a new one into anyone responsible !

Of course...none of her class was actually outwardly malicious to her (but what an accusation to the teacher!). All they did was compare her to him and his high pedigree...meaning it wasn't the class per se but Rudeus' own stature that was responsible !

But what can Rudy really do? After all this time, can he be the person Norn needs right now? Will she even let him? But at least this time he has a wife and friends alongside him to support him and push him to be there for Norn .

Good strategy by using Princess Ariel to collect most of the girls and letting Linia/Pursena sneak Rudy in...all so he can make it to Norn's room and talk to her. But he's not just facing Norn, but also his past self .

Rudeus is now in the same position as his elder brother when he was a shut-in...trying to talk sense into your shut-in little sibling even though nothing you say, however well-reasoned, gets through to them because you don't think they really understand you or what you're going for. And eventually they just give up. Rudy regrets how he left things with his elder brother, but now the one thing he can do is not give up on Norn .

For Norn's part, she's hated Rudy ever since she saw him beat up their dad and she's always judged him for that, and then she saw him "carousing" with a drunken woman and thought she was stuck in a place with no one who really loved her or cared about her. Even Rudy giving in to her demands made her feel like he didn't care about her at all. And that's before she kept getting compared to him and the pressure, saw girls stealing panties for him, and it became so suffocating she had a panic attack and couldn't keep going .

(Her roommate actually looks pretty interesting though...)

But on some level Norn understood Rudy isn't the person she thought he was, and she wants to understand him better as her older brother, it's just difficult for her. But that he was willing to open up to her and be honest about his own inability to help her finally lets her see him as the older brother he is and pour out all her tears next to him .

Sure, they didn't actually talk about anything and Rudy doesn't completely understand Norn's problems, but it seems like after crying it out and accepting Rudy Norn has a better head on her shoulders, is happier and more open to her brother, and making friends. And that's all Rudy could have asked for. And maybe some day he can make peace with his own brother through Nanahoshi .

And with everything going so well...here comes Turning Point 3 .
Old 2024-05-05, 11:40   Link #400
BWTraveller
Born to ship

The last part actually made me think a bit of a scene from March Comes In like a Lion. After weeks of struggling to think of something to do and mostly just being there for her, Rei actually apologizes to Hinata for "not being able to do anything", leading to Hinata blowing up furiously at him for not realizing how important it was just for him to be there for her. Rudy thinks of things like this in terms of concrete action, punishing bullies or solving problems, but all she really needed was to understand that she truly was loved, that her pain, if not understood, was appreciated, that she wasn't the only one struggling with the new situation, but no matter how hard it was or how messed up things became he wouldn't stop loving her. I'm sure if he'd apologized to Norn for being so useless, she'd have bitten his finger too.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, isekai