AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 13:41   Link #61
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Didn't say Micheal could kick his ass but atleast he'd be able to land a hit or two on him before he blows up <.<
Old 2008-07-24, 13:45   Link #62
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
yea Alto will never beat Brera ever only one who could even have a chance would be Micheal
I don't think Michael would have a chance in hand to hand combat with Brera either unless he is secretly a cyborg too.

Quote:
Didn't say Micheal could kick his ass but atleast he'd be able to land a hit or two on him before he blows up <.<
Oh well, yeah he might get a punch in or so but that wouldn't really do much to Brera. Brera would pound him into mush. Grace is probably stronger than Brera though. She can kick everyone's ass.
Old 2008-07-24, 13:50   Link #63
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Oh well, yeah he might get a punch in or so but that wouldn't really do much to Brera. Brera would pound him into mush. Grace is probably stronger than Brera though. She can kick everyone's ass.
Mmm thats the thing I don't understand hows shes stronger we havn't seen her pilot yet all she has is those bitch slap wires so far and using the L.A.I Demension Eater. I wouldn't call that stronger but smarter and she also has the you gotta pay for your deeds or like gotta get revenge thing over him, probably only reason hes following her.
Old 2008-07-24, 13:52   Link #64
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I don't think Michael would have a chance in hand to hand combat with Brera either unless he is secretly a cyborg too.

IŽd say a macronized Klan kicks her ass.
Old 2008-07-24, 13:58   Link #65
zalem

Quote:
Mmm thats the thing I don't understand hows shes stronger we havn't seen her pilot yet all she has is those bitch slap wires so far and using the L.A.I Demension Eater. I wouldn't call that stronger but smarter and she also has the you gotta pay for your deeds or like gotta get revenge thing over him, probably only reason hes following her.
We're not talking about piloting. We're talking about a physical one on one fight. Grace is freaky (remember that crazy jump of hers?) I'm sure she is just as strong, if not stronger than Brera. I'm not sure how much of Brera's body is a cyborg, but hers is completely cyborg. If Brera can punch a Hydra and send it flying, I'm sure she can do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
IŽd say a macronized Klan kicks her ass.
She could squash her like a bug, but then Grace could just upload herself to a new body. It's going to be a real bitch to kill her.
Old 2008-07-24, 14:05   Link #66
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm having a harder and harder time streaming it @ work... sigh

Oh, because of a firewall?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-24, 14:26   Link #67
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Oh, because of a firewall?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I think he means that it's becoming harder for him to pretend that he's working with frontier streaming on his screen.
Old 2008-07-24, 14:32   Link #68
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I think he means that it's becoming harder for him to pretend that he's working with frontier streaming on his screen.
LOL yea that... if nothing else my company is really good about not blocking anything.

Today was even worse with some bigwigs rolling through... sigh.

Maybe I should just start taking a 9:25 AM lunch...
Old 2008-07-24, 15:27   Link #69
magnuskn

[inappropriate link removed by a moderator]

*edit* I just finished the Raw, and, well, lots and lots of talking, so IŽll definitely have to wait for the sub to come out. ^^

Nonetheless, two things. First, the musical arrangement seemed a bit... off, the usual Frontier awesomeness seemed to be missing a bit.

Secondly, Northern Cross surely isnŽt a slow song, which is what I had expected from its description. CanŽt say I was too impressed, but maybe after hearing it a few more times itŽll grow on me.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-07-25 at 02:22.
Old 2008-07-24, 16:18   Link #70
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Agreed, it seems like the episode was thrown together. Although we got some decent animation, it felt somewhat disjointed.

But wow--I wasn't expecting Aimo to be used as a doomsday weapon song. Cool concept, since it creates inner conflict for Ranka.

I'm so glad that Diamond Crevasse keeps its place as the dramatic ending song. Northern Cross reminds me of 90s Jpop. However, very fitting for Sheryl's type of music. I'll be waiting impatiently for the full version and the lyrics

Okay, NC definitely grows on you if you play it 3-5 times

Last edited by Realist_Classic; 2008-07-24 at 16:35. Reason: Misc. observations
Old 2008-07-24, 16:56   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

NC is a pretty awesome song, all Sheryl, lmao at Brera and Sheryl beating up Alto, lol @ Michael's "They're at it again" expression when he sees Alto and Sheryl in his room, Sheryl's way of getting past guards is lolz.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:22   Link #72
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I'm sorta starting to dislike Ranka. Getting annoying.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:50   Link #73
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
NC is a pretty awesome song, all Sheryl, lmao at Brera and Sheryl beating up Alto, lol @ Michael's "They're at it again" expression when he sees Alto and Sheryl in his room, Sheryl's way of getting past guards is lolz.

Well it was definitely a treat to hear Sheryl say,

(え?心配してくれたんだ)
"Eh? So you were worried about me"

And Alto's response,

(当然だろう!)
"Of course!"

That put a smile on my face.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-24, 17:55   Link #74
cry
Berry Bunny

alto was really childish here... trying to fight brera inside the class, losing his temper during the battle just because brera was here... remember you're in a war guy! don't take the isamu vs guld path!

aimo as a war song... what have you done grace! no wonder ranka is depressed.
i hope ozma won't mess with grace's affairs, i don't want him to die -_-
i wanna know what sheryl will do now... have faith girl.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:08   Link #75
ReddyRedWolf

Geez as usual they don't understand what Basara sings for.

If he was there he'd teach that singing is not for killing.

Probably tell Ranka she a gaki letting herself be tricked by the military.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:10   Link #76
zalem

Yeah, Basara would be absolutely horrified at what they are doing with the song. A song to help kill others? That's exactly the opposite of what Basara stood for.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:54   Link #77
rei_lied

Just finished watching the raw. And finally, a Alto x Sheryl scene! I'm so full of Alto x Ranka already. Seems like Sheryl is really jealous of Ranka. It is me or Sheryl has a birthmark on her left leg? When I watch the 1st episode, I also noticed it. Now in this episode, it's so evident.

Anyway, NC was great but the video was so so. I wished they did a better animation sequence for NC instead of May'n singing and dancing while sketches of Sheryl appear now and then.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:59   Link #78
Tabris

Yeah, I noticed it back when too. It seemingly disappeared again...that is until now.

Raws also be out.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-07-24 at 20:10.
Old 2008-07-24, 20:29   Link #79
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Well I watched the raw from the link in page 4. Didn't really care for the Aimo remix, Sheryl doesn't seem jealous to me so much, as not liking the way that Ranka is being used.

We all know Basara wouldn't have approved of this method, and I wonder if the singer who influenced Sheryl in the past, might have also been influenced by the great Basara himself...

Alto definitely was an idiot trying to take on Brera. The outcome as as expected. Man's gotta know his limits sometimes...

I'll wait till sub to clear up somethings I didn't understand, but so far I'd rate it a 7.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:02   Link #80
kari-no-sugata

I think some people are miss-understanding the Brera "vs" Alto scene at the start. Alto wanted him to get out since he was clearly disrupting class, and also wanted to ask Brera some questions - he wasn't try to start a brawl (in his own mind at least). That said, he was clearly being provocative and unwise, but I'd say Brera's actions weren't appropriate for a civilian school (though fine for boot camp).

At least he did his duty and carried Sheryl all the way to SMS (or so it seems) after she fainted. Had to LOL at him shoving Sheryl aside when the emergency call came - maybe that time she didn't appreciate not being treated as "Sheryl"

Interestingly, at the end, he didn't seem happy with how Aimo was being used, but perfectly happy to wipe out Vajra in an "us or them" scenario.

Meanwhile, Ranka has just been officially crowned as the new Minmay, hence "Ranka Attack" - we might get sick of hearing that by the end of the series... She's having to grow up quick.
Closed Thread