AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-04-29, 04:30   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Suzuhito has a very distinct art style. Immediately, I can see strong resemblance between the game Devil Survivor, Yozakura Quartet 1st season anime/LN, and Durarara anime/LN. I don't see it with this version, just like I was so surprised when I read that Kamisama Kazoku's original design was made by him when the anime looked nothing like it.
Kamisama Kazoku's anime did have a slight resemblance imo, but it certainly didn't show as much as his other animated works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Wow i like those character designs. I didnt get around to watching S1 till after all the discussions had died. Add season 2 to my to watch list already.
You may want to start with the manga before that since all evidence seems to suggest that the OVA will disregard the anime and just go straight to the Hoshi no Umi arc. Watching the anime won't help either and will instead cause confusion to those who haven't read the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, i like the designs, though just look at Durarara. I'd rather have the original character designer (Suzuhito) work on them.
Suzuhito didn't work on the anime designs, they were done by Takahiro Kishida. He also did the chara designs for Baccano!, so I'll just say that he must be damn good at recreating styles.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 21:01   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I actually enjoyed the regular season of Yozakura Quartet . Wouldn't go so far as to call it a masterpiece but it was entertaining . I found some characters really sweet especially the Katana Wielding Nun . As I dont follow the manga had no idea it wasn't a true interpretation . So it will be good to see the anime being remade true to its manga counterpart . Looking forward to this one hope it turns out like Hellsing Ultimate .
Old 2010-05-01, 23:14   Link #23
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
I found some characters really sweet especially the Katana Wielding Nun . As I dont follow the manga had no idea it wasn't a true interpretation .
My opinion is that the characterizations in the first run version were pretty true to their manga counterparts. It was the storyline that went off-kilter. I seriously hope that the characterizations will be largly unchanged from the previous version to the new one.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 03:59   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Looking forward to this one hope it turns out like Hellsing Ultimate .
Unlike Hellsing Ultimate, this will be animating a certain arc instead of starting from the beginning. Though LKK is right that the characterizations in the first adaptation were spot on, so people who aren't reading the manga shouldn't have any problem with these OVA's.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:09   Link #25
Kakkou
Tch.

Yeah, the only thing they need is to get used to is the different character settings/backstories the anime gave them. I'm quite sure there'll be a ton of anime-only watchers scratching their heads regarding stuff on Hime, Enjin, Rin and the Nanagou. Everything else should be okay.
Old 2010-07-13, 23:57   Link #26
kyouray
2D > 3D

Trailer is up ! (source : New-Akiba)

I'm looking forward to watching it since I'm a fan of ryo-chimo works.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:17   Link #27
Falkor

oh kyouray, Thank you for posting the trailer.

really love both the new character designs and the art style of the show. they are overall more eye pleasing than the first series, which I still need to finish (hopefully soon...).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 03:42   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot for posting the trailer kyouray.

Hmmm. I'm liking the character designs, though they look a bit on the fluffy side? Guess it'll just take some getting used to them. Still i'm glad they'll be animating one of my favorite chapters first (chapter 24). Brilliant choice.
Old 2010-07-14, 04:20   Link #29
Kakkou
Tch.

Oooh, I didn't think they'd do the slice-of-life bits and go straight to the start of the Hoshi no Umi arc, nice! I'm also one of the few if not only one here who actually thinks the TV series designs were better and closer to Yasuda-sensei's style. It's... fluffy and too young looking here imo. They're overall kinda nice but... a little sickening? =x I'm pretty torn about how I feel. The trailer song also sounds like a garage band... in a bad way (maybe it's just the sound quality of the vid). But yeah, I'm still really happy to have the arc animated and all, I'm sure I'll learn to like them more.
Old 2010-07-14, 05:36   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Oooh, I didn't think they'd do the slice-of-life bits and go straight to the start of the Hoshi no Umi arc, nice! I'm also one of the few if not only one here who actually thinks the TV series designs were better and closer to Yasuda-sensei's style. It's... fluffy and too young looking here imo. They're overall kinda nice but... a little sickening? =x I'm pretty torn about how I feel. The trailer song also sounds like a garage band... in a bad way (maybe it's just the sound quality of the vid). But yeah, I'm still really happy to have the arc animated and all, I'm sure I'll learn to like them more.
Count me in too. I like the TV series design since they were closer to the original artist but the new OAD design..... is kinda fluffy. I wonder why they couldn't stick to the original art design when the Kure-nai OVA did.
Old 2010-07-14, 19:41   Link #31
Raiza Sunozaki

Well, this is a nice one. I fell in love with the manga the day I randomly decided to buy the first volume of it, without any knowledge of it. I tried watching the anime a while back, but how it barely matched up with the manga at all pissed me off, so I gave that up.
This on the other hand, might be a lot better. While I'm a little depressed we won't be getting a weekly series (yet, at least), the OVA allows for some very polished graphics. For example, I found the combat nun's beat-up of that guy to be very smooth.
I'm not a huge fan of the character designs though. I actually like the original anime's better, I think.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 03:16   Link #32
Yurielvtars
:::

Yes, the series chara design was way better. It looks so... strange.
It feels like a parody of the tv series.
And those pastellic colours are imho out of place. There should be more contrast and stronger colours and character contours.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:32   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow it looks good but is this going to start at the first chapter or start at anther arc
Old 2010-07-20, 02:04   Link #34
Washi

It was announced a while back that they are not going to start at the beginning again. I wills till watch it just for Ryo-chimo's involvement, even if I miss some of the story! ^^
Old 2010-07-20, 03:31   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wow it looks good but is this going to start at the first chapter or start at anther arc
Start during one of the most popular arcs in the manga. If you've seen the first series then you should be find watching it, though you just need to ignore the anime original ending that happened.
Old 2010-07-20, 22:25   Link #36
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Start during one of the most popular arcs in the manga. If you've seen the first series then you should be find watching it, though you just need to ignore the anime original ending that happened.
So what Arc is they starting at I only got up to the start of the necro arc
Old 2010-07-21, 15:00   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So what Arc is they starting at I only got up to the start of the necro arc
As i said, the OVA will start animating from chapter 24.
Old 2010-08-06, 12:08   Link #38
kyouray
2D > 3D

A new video is available !
Old 2010-08-06, 12:51   Link #39
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
A new video is available !
I really miss the first series' character designs. Not to mention the manga's character designs!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 12:55   Link #40
7Th
Mixtape

Ryochimo's art >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suzuhito Yasuda's art

I am glad that Ryochimo didn't even try to make his character designs close to the flat faced originals, he has way too much talent to be burdened down by a decent, but not great, artist.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen