AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 21:45   Link #241
Munty192
Life is a Game...

this is an interesting point if the Sh all meet in 2 years definitely Franky would want to upgrade the ship, how exactly is he going to do so and when unless he probably would build another ship which i doubt
Old 2010-08-31, 22:04   Link #242
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munty192 View Post
this is an interesting point if the Sh all meet in 2 years definitely Franky would want to upgrade the ship, how exactly is he going to do so and when unless he probably would build another ship which i doubt
if sunny gets wreck maybe the straw can built one of the ancient weapons.

robin has the knowledge and frankie has the skillz.
Old 2010-08-31, 22:17   Link #243
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Don't know if this was said before but wouldn't it be really funny if Ace had a son just a giant slap in the face for the World Government trying to get rid of Roger's bloodline

While this is somewhat unrelated, this post actually reminds me of another interesting theory I saw pop up a while back: That Jewelry Bonney is Ace's sister. I do admit that theory seems plausible for a few reasons: First, it would explain Rouge's abnormally long pregnancy (like maybe she secretly gave birth to Bonney first, then Ace). Secondly, she's a native of South Blue, which is where Ace was born. Next, it would explain why she was so upset during the war (y'know, what with her family being executed and all). Lastly, there was Akainu's line from a couple chapters back about how alarmed he was that Bonney escaped from the government. Perhaps it was the thought of another of Gold Roger's offspring raising hell across the ocean that engendered such trepidation in the admiral....?
Old 2010-09-01, 01:39   Link #244
Munty192
Life is a Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
While this is somewhat unrelated, this post actually reminds me of another interesting theory I saw pop up a while back: That Jewelry Bonney is Ace's sister. I do admit that theory seems plausible for a few reasons: First, it would explain Rouge's abnormally long pregnancy (like maybe she secretly gave birth to Bonney first, then Ace). Secondly, she's a native of South Blue, which is where Ace was born. Next, it would explain why she was so upset during the war (y'know, what with her family being executed and all). Lastly, there was Akainu's line from a couple chapters back about how alarmed he was that Bonney escaped from the government. Perhaps it was the thought of another of Gold Roger's offspring raising hell across the ocean that engendered such trepidation in the admiral....?
that is an interesting theory............it makes alot of sense also
Old 2010-09-01, 01:42   Link #245
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That wouldn't make much sense, though. If she were born at the normal pace, Rouge would have been arrested out of suspicion of relation to Roger. She got away because she didn't look pregnant and/or didn't give birth in the right timeframe.
Old 2010-09-01, 06:31   Link #246
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if sunny gets wreck maybe the straw can built one of the ancient weapons.

robin has the knowledge and frankie has the skillz.
Uh, no actually. What Robin has is knowledge of where Pluton is located, not how to build one. Franky... that depends on whether he memorized the blueprints, but I don't think he did.
Old 2010-09-01, 07:59   Link #247
Kallen4life

Vegapunk may have blueprints for something cooler then an ancient weapon
Old 2010-09-01, 12:59   Link #248
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It would be a slap in the face if Ace had a son. The WG wants to rid the world of the Roger bloodline.

Jewelry Bonney has interesting powers and her real age is uncertain. Due to her powers, she can be almost anyone and may also be able to bring back the dead if her powers actually allow her to control human cell growth.

1) She could be Portgas D. Rouge. Her powers may have allowed her to slow down Ace's development. Her death may have been a hoax in order to keep Ace safe.

2) She could be Ace's sister as someone said. Ace and Princess Leia, I mean Bonney, could have been separated at birth. Ace goes with Obi Wa... I mean Garp. Bonney went to some other family.

3) She could be Ace's wife/girlfriend. Her powers would have allowed her to carry Ace's child/children in secret without much of a fuss... preserving the bloodline. One Piece has always been missing that token child character. Any child of Ace would immediately catch Luffy's attention. He could be Shanks to that kid.

Anyhow, just watched the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC trailer for Mass Effect 2. Ace could be brought back in Mass Effect 2 fashion.

Ace escapes from Vegapunk or Revolutionary Laboratory... 2 years after execution.

Project dude: Ace, Kuma brought you here. You were messed up. We recruited all the top scientists and tech, the best money could buy. It took 2 years, yeah 2 years to bring you back.

Ace: 2 years? Come on! I'm sure I'm a clone.

Project dude: nah! From what I can tell, you are you. You just have some extra bits and pieces. Long story. We got to get outta her before these Pacifistas kill us. We got to look for Jewelry Bonney.

Ace: the pirate?

Project dude: Yeah. She used her powers to help bring you back. Law was here too.

Ace: whoa! All for me?

Project dude: yeah dude. You're too important. You're father was Gol D Roger. We couldn't let you die.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:35   Link #249
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

The Characters

So, week one has passed. In the past 6 months.... Luffy has been able to use the armor type haki since he is more inclined toward it. Which makes me think.... If Luffy had the sensory type of haki, wouldn't he become virtually unstoppable in gear second? Like, he moves superx4^10 fast and if he could predict where his opponents were, he'd K.O. them in a matter of seconds..

-For Zoro, he has not used his swords in 6 months. Mihawk's regimen involves him getting more in tune with himself somehow and for this he must not use his swords for a whole year . Zoro is currently undergoing hellish hand-hand combat with the apes. Eventually when he get's his swords back and he is even more buffed up (somehow) he will be god with blades. He and mihawk will part by Zoro cutting down a mountain or a duel or a show of strength.
-Ussop has not progressed at all but it working off his fat.
-Nami is being nerdy as is Robin. Robin is also using her powers to help the revolutionaries.. just made me think, her powers on large number of opponents would be amazing. I'm betting her # of hands or whatever goes up significantly.
-Sangi has lost and become a Newkama.
-Chopper is making potions.
-Brook is composing new music/moves (He is a backup character so I don't really care about him).

As for Jewlery Bonnery, I don't think she is related to Ace, otherwise they would have already killed her. Instead, it is more plausible if she was his girlfriend, OR if she had special information about the WG (or, in my last prediction, Vegapunk wants her ability for cell growth for super regeneration or something like that...)
I don't think Oda would have left out something like this. Introducing her as apart of the bloodline this late would be kinda cliche.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:07   Link #250
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
So, week one has passed. In the past 6 months.... Luffy has been able to use the armor type haki since he is more inclined toward it. Which makes me think.... If Luffy had the sensory type of haki, wouldn't he become virtually unstoppable in gear second? Like, he moves superx4^10 fast and if he could predict where his opponents were, he'd K.O. them in a matter of seconds..
As far as we know, the armor haki would not increase his speed at all... For the most part it will probably add some power to his attacks and make him able to hit people who would otherwise be immune... As for the mantra, well you do ahve to keep in mind that the opponents he will face in the new word will also possess haki and may even be able to predict things aswell. Furtharmore, just because Luffy can predict a move doesn't mean he's able to stop or dodge it

Another thing is that while Luffy will learn about all the haki, Rayliegh told him that eventually they'd find which one he's best with and he would excel with that... Frankly, i doubt it will be the mental haki
Old 2010-09-01, 20:15   Link #251
trafalgarcito

he already can sense moves...remember when mihawk was gonna cut his arms??
Old 2010-09-01, 20:56   Link #252
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
As far as we know, the armor haki would not increase his speed at all... For the most part it will probably add some power to his attacks and make him able to hit people who would otherwise be immune... A
Ahhh, sorry, I didn't differentiate. I was talking about armor and THEN mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Another thing is that while Luffy will learn about all the haki, Rayliegh told him that eventually they'd find which one he's best with and he would excel with that... Frankly, i doubt it will be the mental haki
As trafalgarcito just said, he can already see/sense moves as he did with mihawk. I don't think we have seen anything about "armor" haki yet. And also, it was never stated that the sensory haki required a person to be intelligent (which I think was what you were implying). If that was what you were hinting at, Luffy may come across as dumb to some people but that's just because he's not focusing on them/anything that doesn't matter to him and his means to achieve his goals. What he lacks in intellect, he makes up for in pure instinctive fighting abilities. I think "mental" haki has to do with how sharp you are, not how intelligent you are. And yes, intelligence does make you 'sharp' because smart people can 'comprehend' better, but even if that's the case, it doesn't mean that Albert Einstein is going to win in a fight against me.
Old 2010-09-02, 00:13   Link #253
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Don't know if this was said before but wouldn't it be really funny if Ace had a son just a giant slap in the face for the World Government trying to get rid of Roger's bloodline
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This reminds me of another theory, that Robin is a child of Roger. There are some things that make it possible, like the timing of the birth and how Roger could make that message in Skypiea.
Old 2010-09-02, 02:54   Link #254
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Pretty sure Roger is no player...
Old 2010-09-02, 03:34   Link #255
Kallen4life

Quote:
As trafalgarcito just said, he can already see/sense moves as he did with mihawk. I don't think we have seen anything about "armor" haki yet. And also, it was never stated that the sensory haki required a person to be intelligent (which I think was what you were implying). If that was what you were hinting at, Luffy may come across as dumb to some people but that's just because he's not focusing on them/anything that doesn't matter to him and his means to achieve his goals. What he lacks in intellect, he makes up for in pure instinctive fighting abilities. I think "mental" haki has to do with how sharp you are, not how intelligent you are. And yes, intelligence does make you 'sharp' because smart people can 'comprehend' better, but even if that's the case, it doesn't mean that Albert Einstein is going to win in a fight against me.
Luffy is a fighting genius, I kid you not

and yeah, he already used mantra vs Mihawk .. I'm sure he'll use it in the NW, but not sure if it'll be his primary haki

and his Gear 2-nd speed isn't absolute .. Kizaru is much faster still and Mihawk easily tracked his G 2-nd moves and countered with long-mid range slashes .. mantra just barely saved him then, he had trouble dodging in G 2-nd

furthermore, just because a beat-up Lucci went down to Jet Gatling doesn't mean much - Hannyabal took one, as well as Kuma .. BB takes physical punches nicely (speed is also irrelevant vs him, he'll just pull you to him) .. WB probably wouldn't notice a Jet Gatling
Old 2010-09-02, 08:51   Link #256
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's the first of the 4 weeks.

Hmm, so in the fights in the New World, how will Luffy be fighting like against someone who's got the basics of Haki as well? Both of them would be reading each other, reacting fast enough, and I don't think Armor Haki allows Luffy to remain rubber against his opponent's Armor Haki. I'm thinking like those 'Strike Orbits' in HSDK.

Maybe we'll see another Gomu Gomu Shotgun. Haven't seen it after he used it once against Crocodile.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:31   Link #257
Kallen4life

Luffy would have a hard time vs someone with speed equal to or greater then his G 2-nd, mantra and more experience .. but luffy has GUTS
Old 2010-09-02, 11:43   Link #258
golgo13

Did Kuma have a lot of foresight sending the SHs far away? He may have done it bc he didn't believe they were ready, is that what he whispered to rayleigh?

Whats the deal with haki and seastone? How do they interact?
Old 2010-09-02, 19:16   Link #259
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Did Kuma have a lot of foresight sending the SHs far away? He may have done it bc he didn't believe they were ready, is that what he whispered to rayleigh?

Well I guess Kuma knew they weren't ready, which is why he sent them to different places to train, but I think the main reason was because Kizaru and Sentomaru would've killed the crew otherwise.

As for how Haki and seastone interact, it is unknown, but both seastone and armor Haki have the power to disrupt a devil fruit's power.
Old 2010-09-02, 20:45   Link #260
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
They don't interact.

Seastone causes a df user to lose all his powers and strength, whilst armor haki only enables you to hit logia users (or else imbue your hits with more power).