Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 21:03   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Everything I know about Japan I learned from Tsukikage Ran:

There are three people in Nippon: Ninja, samurai, geisha. Nippon is a sparkling country of gold. People with topknot are samurai. People who run around in black are ninja. The two are friends. Geisha play the shamisen guitar.
Don't forget the drinking... sake is vital.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:19   Link #22
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonExstX View Post
And I mean no offense by this bu Japanese women are some of the prettiest on the planet.
I would say it is a case of "grass looks always greener on the other side". There are pretty women in every race, just today I saw a beautiful naturally blond girl that took my breath away. And yeah, I have seen some really pretty asian girls, especially on TV. And thats the root of the problem, what you see on TV is hardly a represantative sample of the population.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 14:26   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I would say it is a case of "grass looks always greener on the other side". There are pretty women in every race, just today I saw a beautiful naturally blond girl that took my breath away. And yeah, I have seen some really pretty asian girls, especially on TV. And thats the root of the problem, what you see on TV is hardly a represantative sample of the population.
I only admit a preference for small and petite (but with some curve thanks) but yeah, I'm completely 'star trek'/UN when it comes to saying, "wow, that's cute/beautiful/etc". There simply are more 'small and petite' on the Pacific Rim I guess. Standing in the middle of, say, Japantown or Chinatown in a West Coast city - I'm usually just floating along into lightpoles and such.

OTOH... my department secretary back in the 80s was a tall, statuesque black woman (think Zoe from Firefly). Just jaw-droppingly pretty and great personality. I had a sports car at the time and she was always... "oh oh, shotgun with 'Vexx'!" when we were off to meetings, heh.

I grew up somewhere that I'd occasionally take heat from acquaintances of the racist kind if I admired a 'latino/black/asian/whatever' for being pretty. Seems pretty stupid to rule out being aware someone is pretty on that basis. Oh yeah, it is stupid