Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 03:19   Link #8641
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Jeez, Laxus didn't even have to fight and he out shinned Erza.
Wouldn't be too difficult to shine when you're a living battery.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:51   Link #8642
ImperialFlameGod8190

well that chapter honestly was pitiful Raven Tail wants some special FT power and the guy from Quatro Puppy failed miserably Eve and Rufus was boring but interesting that Eve was a part of the council. And honestly Laxus v Alexei which should've been epic was boring man 287 better be fun and honestly time for Gray vs Leon
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:35   Link #8643
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

So the Lumen thingy Ivan is after is the 'thing' Makarov showed Gildarts?

Even though i'm a fan of Laxus, [i may be bias] i think he stands a chance of a 1v5 win against Raven Tail.

Flare is basically .. weak. [No offense.]
Nullpudding is more of a reconnaissance type with his magic. Digging underground and stuff.
Kurohebi is on a high average at best. [?] Though we dun noe much.
I don't know about Obra but .. taking away magic [?]Could he be the one behind the illusion?

So the only problem would be Iwan.

Though i guess it would probably not happen since Raven Tail could have some Jajaja magic up their sleeves.

Would have been epic if the crowd had been watching Laxus get beaten up for an hour and suddenly 5 Raven Tail members appear before them half dead.

Assuming someone is behind the illusion, would defeating him[?] make the illusion dissipate? If so then .. heh ...
Old 2012-06-09, 05:53   Link #8644
Qilin
Romanticist

286:

Hm. This looks just like a set-up chapter. It seems Rufus of ST will end up as Gray's eventual opponent, so I wouldn't mind seeing that. Also, it seems Blue Pegasus has an ace up its sleeve. That's pretty much it.

Oh, yes. Let's not forget that Laxus will be fighting five people at once. I'm kind of ambivalent with regards to this. On one hand, I wouldn't want Raven Tail to be portrayed as weak. They've proven themselves to be formidable, so I wouldn't appreciate Mashima-sensei stomping over that for the "Rule of Cool". On the other hand, I'm against any usage of any BS deus ex machina to bail him out of the situation. We get enough of that nonsense with Natsu, so doing it with a character who was actually awesome would be a joke.

Oh, well. In any case, I should probably just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:27   Link #8645
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
On one hand, I wouldn't want Raven Tail to be portrayed as weak.
I'd say ganging up on him 1v5 shows just how confident they are about their powers.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 06:34   Link #8646
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd say ganging up on him 1v5 shows just how confident they are about their powers.
It's insurance. They want to get the job done, so they might as well be thorough about it. Cautiousness is seldom a bad thing. As such, I wouldn't want to see Laxus curbstomping them in the next chapter.
Old 2012-06-09, 07:19   Link #8647
Bern-san

Hope the rabbit is the sort of incredibly strong (or just very strong to put up against some Sabertooth member) and quite funny character (well a serious and normal person in BP would be strange).

Even Lahar and Yajima were caught in his illusion. And Mavis? She should be able to see through that, being a spirit and so.

Maybe they teamed-up the 5 of them to intimidate Laxus (although Iwan/Ivan thought he wouldn't be intimidated the possibility still existed) or just like Qilin said to get things done faster and safer even if his father is at Gildarts's level.

What did Makarov do wrong to have such a kid?
Old 2012-06-09, 07:40   Link #8648
ImperialFlameGod8190

@bern-san he punished his son by kicking him out of FT when he was younger so to get revenge he made a Dark Guild and made it his business to defeat his dad so basically its a son getting mad at his dad
not to mention that Iwan didnt realize that his son got kicked out of the guild for defefnding his Dumb ole Dad's honor so he's ganging up on him to get revenge
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 07:52   Link #8649
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Seriously, all those people watching closely for any sign of cheating, and no one can detect illusion magic in play? Not council members or Makarov or Mavis? Jellal's not watching? This tournament is a joke, if you can easily set up to cheat.

We see what Ivan is after. Makes me want to know what Lumen Estoille is even more.

Gray is being setup to fight Rufus, looks like. Hopefully he'll get his revenge. If this is the case, Lucy might face Flare again in a games portion, and win... but my gut says that, right after winning, the Eclipse Gate plan will be put into motion and she'll be grabbed.

Bigeslow teasing Evergreen about wanting to be with Elfman, heh.

Anyway, I really hope that Ivan's illusion is exposed, and yet Laxus still wants to have his showdown with his father. And then he wins, and RT is disqualified or takes some penalty points. They aren't shaping up to the be the main enemies this arc, so it is about time for them to go. Plus, beating RT totally, would put FT in a better mood, and thus not be expecting the whole Eclipse Gate thing, since they would no longer be paying much attention.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 07:57   Link #8650
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Maybe the Bunny will be the one who will see through that illusion?
For some reason I get the feeling that once the Bunny goes into action, everyone will have faces like Makarov after Mavis told him whit a cute face that she gave Cana Fairy Glitter .

But seriously who do you think it is?
1) Gildarts.
2) Master of Tartaros.
3) Bob. (not likely since the Bunny isn't fat)
4) A Wizard Saint.
5) Some high-level criminal. (like Jellal or even more dangerous)
6) A dragon-slayer!
7) Zeref.
8) A real Bunny.

Well anyway the name of the next chapter suggest that Laxus will get help from his "real family", and Raven will get disqualified and FT will have even more chances to win!!!
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:28   Link #8651
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
It's insurance. They want to get the job done, so they might as well be thorough about it. Cautiousness is seldom a bad thing. As such, I wouldn't want to see Laxus curbstomping them in the next chapter.
I'd prefer him to rape them all, except his dad.
Just beat him enough to destroy the illusion and show the world how crappy guild that is.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 08:39   Link #8652
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I'd prefer him to rape them all, except his dad.
Just beat him enough to destroy the illusion and show the world how crappy guild that is.
I really don't mind if he wins, as long as he works for it.

But then, to each his own, I guess. I'm just a bit tired of FT blasting their way through the last few chapters. I mean, they're badasses. We get it already. Moving on...

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-06-09 at 09:36.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 09:04   Link #8653
kitten320

I don't want for Laxus to beat them all, that would be too much. But I don't mind him kicking shit out of 2 and then getting some assistance.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:12   Link #8654
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Maybe the Bunny will be the one who will see through that illusion?
For some reason I get the feeling that once the Bunny goes into action, everyone will have faces like Makarov after Mavis told him whit a cute face that she gave Cana Fairy Glitter .

But seriously who do you think it is?
1) Gildarts.
2) Master of Tartaros.
3) Bob. (not likely since the Bunny isn't fat)
4) A Wizard Saint.
5) Some high-level criminal. (like Jellal or even more dangerous)
6) A dragon-slayer!
7) Zeref.
8) A real Bunny.

Well anyway the name of the next chapter suggest that Laxus will get help from his "real family", and Raven will get disqualified and FT will have even more chances to win!!!
I think it's Hoteye. So 5 I guess...

The suit is the right height but a little thin, then again he could have lost weight on prison food or lack of feeding him.

Simply put he's likely still searching for Wally but either heard about Blue Pegasus' magic detector or thought Wally might have joined a guild and snuck into here to find out or search for a clue.

Or maybe he did find Wally but found out why Millianna left the group to get revenge on Jellal. However Hoteye knows Jellal has changed his ways just like him and that Erza still loves him and would be devastated by his death so he'll save Millianna from becoming a murderer. Who knows maybe he just saw Wally getting hurt by Millianna leaving so he left to get his brother an answer beyond whatever she told them.

Ichiya and Hoteye have meet, not as much as Jura, but then again Jura isn't quite the type to allow a criminal to sneak into the contest but he isn't the type to turn in a good one who has either.... however Ichiya is the type. Plus Ichiya and Hoteye are both... well weird, so it's oddly a good match up for teammates

Just my speculation anyways...
Old 2012-06-09, 12:04   Link #8655
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd say Bob, just to have all the masters there. It's odd for him to be the only one missing, no?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:18   Link #8656
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think RT will be expelled from the competition since they broke the rules, but before that I think Laxus will win again at least 3 RT members before RT is exposed
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:27   Link #8657
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Really now...Raven Tail isn't weak or stupid for attacking Luxus all at once, it's called being careful and not underestimating your opponent...a concept not often seen in shounen villains.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:32   Link #8658
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Really now...Raven Tail isn't weak or stupid for attacking Luxus all at once, it's called being careful and not underestimating your opponent...a concept not often seen in shounen villains.
a villain actually read the evil overlord handbook
Old 2012-06-09, 17:54   Link #8659
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”xKeir”
So the Lumen thingy Ivan is after is the 'thing' Makarov showed Gildarts?
Probably Fairy Tail’s third and last grand magic.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 18:01   Link #8660
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Probably Fairy Tail’s third and last grand magic.
Fourth then...cause we already have 3 so far.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen