AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-09, 02:49   Link #101
Esperchld
Photographer

you can get filters called ND filters that will cut down the amount of light that you get coming to your camera, and cause no change in colors or polarization. This means that you can use them to simply increase the amount of time that you have the shutter open without having an adverse effect on the exposures. It can also be used to allow you to open the apature more than you would normally be able to (an ND does it for 2 stops if I remember right).

Nice waterfall there EtherNEZ. Might look a bit better with a longer shutter time, but as you said you had no tripod at the time.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 04:18   Link #102
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>Wandering A.I., you sure thats a moose? It looks more like an angel..

I guess he does have a halo of sorts. Want to start a new religion? ^^
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 16:40   Link #103
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
EtherNEZ: Wow a nice picture, nothing was moving right, since it was not blurry(maybe it was, but I did not see it)
WHat I want to do is take my Cam and set the shutter speed to manual and keep it open for 5+sec on heavy trafic, would look cool since you would see the lines of lights. Dam that photography course. Anyways, I need to take out my cam and use it more

Edit: OMG, wrong page, way wrong page the picture that I was talking about was the one in the Night with the mountain at a Skii place, Page 4, the one on Top
Not to worry , I won't bite just because you referred to a picture a few pages back

It's easy to do long exposures in calm, quiet scenes like that. There wasn't really much of a chance of movement to be honest (except for the pisties up near the top of the mountain). I did choose the angle with a little care however. In other 'brighter' more mobile situations you might need to do as EsperChld suggests with neutral density filters - though I haven't used any yet.

root : I've yet to get a decent looking rainbow shot, but that works pretty well. Nice.

Well, now for something a little more amusing....

First up, they clearly perform strange experiments with sheep up 'int North Yorkshire moors...

This old tawny (and particuarly friendly B&B resident) feline is clearly intrigued by a certain word game....

.....but quickly becomes frustrated and attempts to cheat by raiding the letter bag.

Last edited by EtherNEZ; 2003-11-09 at 19:05. Reason: Edited for better page formatting, I hope
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 16:55   Link #104
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
EtherNEZ- ooh all your stuff is so pretty ;_;
-gasp-! That sheep picture is adorable!! Theyre so cute..and It really does look like they have two heads..o-ho-ho...And have you read that mystery series with the siamese cats that like to play scrabble (cant..remember..the name) That cat reminds me of it cuute!

Heres some more tzu wildlife shots..but theyre not really in the wild...um..

Last edited by Tzurial; 2003-11-09 at 17:06.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 17:01   Link #105
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

awwww that second bat* looks sad....awww bats are kool ^__^

*they are bats rite?
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 18:11   Link #106
Esperchld
Photographer

here we go some more nature.

There is a town here called Yellow Springs and this is what it is named for.

edit: corrected the color of the second picture
Old 2003-11-09, 18:16   Link #107
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

oooo very pretty indeed...i like it when they have water in...not sure why ^___^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 18:46   Link #108
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzurial
-gasp-! That sheep picture is adorable!! Theyre so cute..and It really does look like they have two heads..o-ho-ho...And have you read that mystery series with the siamese cats that like to play scrabble (cant..remember..the name) That cat reminds me of it cuute!
Thanks! Although Esperchld's material is far more professional. I just love taking pretty scenes... usually land/water-scapes, sometimes sky shots, but I'm known to attack the animal kingdom too

Cats are far smarter than they let us know - I don't think I recall reading anything about Scrabble playing Siamese cats... though I'll admit that i've read far stranger stuff!! (EtherNEZ = heavy fantasy reader )

The bat in the second shot does indeed seem to look a little pathos doesn't it?

Esperchld - I was wondering how long you'd leave us in suspense for some more visual digest
Great work again! The 'Yellow' spring shot is particuarly striking, how was the colour before you edited?
Old 2003-11-09, 18:53   Link #109
Esperchld
Photographer

EtherNEZ, the slide scanned too yellow so I had to rebalance the color back to what it actually looks like.

I don't know why they call it the yellow spring, it isn't yellow. It is rust red because it is an iron spring.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:57   Link #110
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial

Heres some more tzu wildlife shots..but theyre not really in the wild...um..

Awwwwwwww you're right... that second bat does look soo sad... sniff Hehehe he's a cutie
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 00:48   Link #111
accela
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to accela Send a message via MSN to accela
Hi.. new to this forum but i thought i could add some pics right away! ^^
WARNING: they might be pretty big, and HIGHLY photoshopped.. but its still pictures, right?....right?!

This last one is on my ex.. also very photoshopped.. beware kids!

accela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 00:51   Link #112
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
yeah, photoshop is fun. I like the first two, -really- like the 2nd one
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 01:24   Link #113
accela
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to accela Send a message via MSN to accela
yeah its also my favorite
accela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 08:45   Link #114
SirJeannot
AT Field

ethernez > i really like your double headed cow
Old 2003-11-10, 09:23   Link #115
Esperchld
Photographer

That stuff is fun to do in the darkroom. A real test of skill with enlargers and color filters. I suggest that anyone who has access to darkroom equipment try stuff like that it is fun.
Old 2003-11-10, 10:30   Link #116
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Disclamer: Im not a photographer, my "digital camera" is actually the one I won with the bonus points from my gas station, but I though it would be nice to post a picture of the dawn I see from my window (pretty much every morning).

picture
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 17:35   Link #117
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Scary stuff there accela! The things we can do we graphics apps these days....

SirJeannot: Yeah, a really strange cow that was! Not just two heads but they'd even grown woolly coats as well!! What were those crazy farmers thinking? (probably something along the lines of... hmmm, how strong should I make the mint sauce?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Disclamer: Im not a photographer, my "digital camera" is actually the one I won with the bonus points from my gas station, but I though it would be nice to post a picture of the dawn I see from my window (pretty much every morning).

picture
Very nice Flash_Squirrel! It would be nice if we could see sunrise's like that here on a regular basis - I'm jealous! The cloud reflections are especially striking, particularly the alto cumulus towards the top. There's always a demand for nice sunrise/sunset pics! To that end -->

Some suggestions : You should try taking some more and see if you can improve the focussing a little - you could produce some really pretty sunrise's like that. Maybe also try and get more of the sky in instead of the inevitably black ground area. Experiment! That's what digitals are great for

Finally, can't leave the photos alone for long! Here's a parting shot of the White Cliffs of Dover while heading over to the civilised region of mainland Europe (Calais - France, in this case ). Notice the cloud lingering over the SE of England? It was nice to get into the Sun again after 3 weeks...

Old 2003-11-10, 17:40   Link #118
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
Some suggestions : You should try taking some more and see if you can improve the focussing a little - you could produce some really pretty sunrise's like that. Maybe also try and get more of the sky in instead of the inevitably black ground area. Experiment! That's what digitals are great for
Im afraid thats pretty much impossible, since I usually wake up really early, and I cant spend time on focusing on the picture like you suggested. (Damn bus I hate it >_< I want my car back)

Today was a rather special occasion though, so I decided to take a quick pic of it. ^^

I will try to take new photos then, promise.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 06:35   Link #119
hinata-chan
busy otaku

Send a message via AIM to hinata-chan
Nice photos, everyone! This is by far one of my favorite threads.

Tzurial - Wow, where did you take that pic of the bat? It's so cute and so tiny.

Esperchild - I just love your photos. You have a great eye for capturing the beauty in nature.

accela - Interesting photos! I love the close-up of the eye.

Flash_Squirrel - That sky is absolutely gorgeous!

EtherNEZ - Ooh, nice! It looks so peaceful and tranquil there.

It isn't much, but here's a photo that I took above Lands End in San Francisco. I love taking pictures of different types of flowers, and I liked the color of this one.

hinata-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 11:03   Link #120
Esperchld
Photographer

Nice macro work, hinata-chan. I like it.

Tags
photography