AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 22:58   Link #2301
RJ TAYLER

Either Hinata Hakamada or Airi Kashii from Ro-Kyu-Bu! Best I can tell with my glasses being in the shop for repairs.
Old 2012-12-30, 10:04   Link #2302
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

2012 is almost over, it's time to say our goodbyes to this year's Saimoe thread.

If the new Rozen Maiden anime isn't coming out for Spring at the latest, the dolls won't make it for Saimoe 2013. Let's hope for an actual veterans' party next year.

Again, congrats to Toki and her fans this year. Enjoy your win. We'll see if a K-On!-esque level of anti-champion backlash will greatly affect Saki the year after they won. Especially for the unprecedented level of domination displayed this year, which surely earned them more enemies eager for revenge. PMMM's Homura shall also return with a vengeance for 2013.

Images
Bring it on ♥, says the reigning champ
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Time to restock cardboard and bleach in preparation for next year's madness. Thanks to all of you and see you again in the next thread for Saimoe 2013.
Old 2012-12-30, 14:10   Link #2303
Team Rocket Elite

The person beside Louise is Hakamada Hinata. Each row has characters from the same Block.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:19   Link #2304
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A final metion of new years before 2012 fades from this world.

The potental for the Lucky Star girls to return.

Fear it.
Old 2013-01-18, 01:06   Link #2305
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Congratulations to Toki.

Very late posting into this thread. I was checking out how Yayoi from Smile Precure fared. And it seems she did good enough.

A little sad, only a little over 600 votes for finals.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:18   Link #2306
Kudryavka

Was not Japan voting still banned this year?
Old 2013-01-24, 20:30   Link #2307
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Was not Japan voting still banned this year?
Yes foreign voting was banned this year if you mean by that. Also Speaking of Saimoe 2013 I wonder if My Little Pony is eligible since its Japanese dub is gonna air in April 2013 and I did see some western animation entries like Powerpuff Girls (even though it was 2002) and Dora the Explorer in 2010 first prelims .
Old 2013-01-24, 21:16   Link #2308
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Yes foreign voting was banned this year if you mean by that. Also Speaking of Saimoe 2013 I wonder if My Little Pony is eligible since its Japanese dub is gonna air in April 2013 and I did see some western animation entries like Powerpuff Girls (even though it was 2002) and Dora the Explorer in 2010 first prelims .
I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the rules it mentions they have to be human or at least humanoid in appearance, because I recall that issue coming up before.
Old 2013-01-25, 01:01   Link #2309
Archaeon

I don't mind if foreigners not allowed to vote. After all, it's Saimoe Japan, not ISML.
Old 2013-01-25, 01:54   Link #2310
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the rules it mentions they have to be human or at least humanoid in appearance, because I recall that issue coming up before.
It actually mentioned as long the non-human is portrayed as female. So I was wondering more like is MLP eligible because it is western animation.
Old 2013-01-25, 11:11   Link #2311
Kudryavka

Quote:
Yes foreign voting was banned this year if you mean by that.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I don't mind if foreigners not allowed to vote. After all, it's Saimoe Japan, not ISML.
If only you knew the reasoning behind the ban...

Quote:
It actually mentioned as long the non-human is portrayed as female. So I was wondering more like is MLP eligible because it is western animation.
The rules say that it just has to have appeared on Japanese TV, in Japanese theaters, or been released on home media in Japan in the eligible year to be nominated. So MLP will be eligible, but I dunno if theyll actually get nominated or make it past prelims.
Old 2013-01-25, 13:14   Link #2312
Archaeon

Quote:
If only you knew the reasoning behind the ban...
Wasn't it because Japan want Sanzenin Nagi to win but due to foreign votes, Rika ended up winning it. which sounds like a legit reason for banning foreign votes.
Old 2013-01-25, 13:32   Link #2313
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Wasn't it because Japan want Sanzenin Nagi to win but due to foreign votes, Rika ended up winning it. which sounds like a legit reason for banning foreign votes.
Yes. And that was my thing, what is "Japan"? Since when did whole countries gather behind one opinion for a moe contest? My beef was with how mods had this "everyone who doesnt think like us (whoever "us" is, it obviously isnt everyone who wants to have fun in a contest) is wrong" (including Japanese who actually voted for Rika, surprise). If you wanna be like that, why hold a contest and let non-Japanese play in the first place?

Not legit to me, but w/e, your opinion.

Also thats not the whole reason, theres also how they sweepbanned all foreign voters because a few were spam voting/bot voting. Which seems really weird considering the vast majority of troublemakers are in Japan, but they ban them on a case by case basis, if ever.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:19   Link #2314
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
The rules say that it just has to have appeared on Japanese TV, in Japanese theaters, or been released on home media in Japan in the eligible year to be nominated. So MLP will be eligible, but I dunno if theyll actually get nominated or make it past prelims.
Given how she's "honorary Japanese" (not to mention pretty much one of the most moe character in recent years), it could be possible for Fluttershy.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:35   Link #2315
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Given how she's "honorary Japanese" (not to mention pretty much one of the most moe character in recent years), it could be possible for Fluttershy.
I could see that.

Also, would Japanese men even watch MLP? I thought the brony thing was an American thing. If a whole lot of men dont watch it, its not gonna do well in Saimoe b/c no one will vote it.

Id predict better tidings for MLP in International Saimoe or Best (if its in Korea?).
Old 2013-01-25, 17:38   Link #2316
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering how low the vote totals are now in Saimoe, it wouldn't take a lot to swing it one way or the other. Most matches have less than 1,000 people voting this last year or two, down considerably from the highs of 2006-2008.
Old 2013-01-29, 13:37   Link #2317
wontaek

Quote:
I could see that.

Also, would Japanese men even watch MLP? I thought the brony thing was an American thing. If a whole lot of men dont watch it, its not gonna do well in Saimoe b/c no one will vote it.

Id predict better tidings for MLP in International Saimoe or Best (if its in Korea?).
Due to fear of copyright rules, My Little Pony and other 'western' animations are avoided by ISML and Best Moe Tournament.

Best Moe Tournament is in Korea, but since they now have ban on 'outside' campaigning, it is best to forget about it. If a miracle happens and they resurrect permission for campaigning, I will post about it.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:17   Link #2318
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Due to fear of copyright rules, My Little Pony and other 'western' animations are avoided by ISML and Best Moe Tournament.

Best Moe Tournament is in Korea, but since they now have ban on 'outside' campaigning, it is best to forget about it. If a miracle happens and they resurrect permission for campaigning, I will post about it.
How does a moe tournament break copyright rules?

And MLP is going to air in Japan, so wouldn't its Japanese incarnation just be considered an anime?
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament