AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: which do u Prefer, Manga, or ANime?
MANGA!!! 70 41.42%
ANiME!! 99 58.58%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-16, 13:56   Link #121
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
I haven't read a manga by itself though (not accompanied by seeing the anime).
I have a suggestion in finding a great manga first before its anime even created. The fastest way should be finding out what’s the popular manga series out there through reviews and pollings on the net. Or maybe you can find those hidden-gem series by simply hearing word-of-mouth and check it out.

By going that way, I often find those so called ‘gem’ manga series LONG before its anime adaptation is even planned. Eventually, when the anime adaptation is out, from the first episode, I can almost see whether it’s a good adaptation or not. That saves me A LOT of time by not checking out those adaptation titles further (if it’s bad). Some of my personal experience described above involved titles like: Blade of the Immortal, Shin Angyo Onshi, Death Note, Break/Broken Blade, Hayate no Gotoku!, Negima!, Fairy Tail, Air Gear, The World God only Knows, Beelzebub, Rainbow, etc.
Old 2011-10-16, 19:11   Link #122
Puddingman

^

Hey thanks! I tend not to pay attention to reviews, but I'm used to reading fanboy/girl reviews about videogames, so I'm thinking manga reviewers would be more modest.

I imagine it can be tricky! Especially cause, at least when I read a manga I have the anime as a reference point. Reading manga first might be more of an investment so it's smart to do research before investing time and money.
Old 2011-10-19, 17:53   Link #123
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
In another news, apples are clearly superior.

I prefer anime because I like movement and sound. Now occasionally you'll have an anime to fail to do that, so the manga would be better. Or it fails to deliver a story.

But I end up liking anime original stuff better, so anime.

Manga tends to have better fanservice though =p

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 13:17   Link #124
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

manga because I can go at my own pace and I seem to find more interesting stories that you can't find in anime
Old 2012-07-01, 21:21   Link #125
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

It depends on the series. Some are better as animes.

For example, I read the first few chapters of Gintama then I watched the anime. The anime was so much better it wasn't funny. VA's & everything were 10x better and fleshed out a lot of stuff.

Then you have Beelzebub, which will always be better in manga form than in anime form.

Like I said, it just depends.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:13   Link #126
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It Varies.. and i mean VARIES! Scryed's manga is weird as shit and the anime is better, Rosario's anime sucks (HAHAHA) but the Manga is amazing.
Old 2012-07-02, 21:14   Link #127
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My biggest problem with manga is the pace of the translation. Most of the manga which I'm interested in (which to say is rarely anything mainstream) can have like 10 chapters within the span of a month, but go hiatus for like half a year. And that's assuming they start again, as most of the time they don't even finish.

With anime on the other hand, it's pretty much guaranteed that every anime will get subbed, that it'd get a sub once week, usually on the same day of the week, and most importantly, that they'll be subbed right till the end.

That's why I will hold off on reading manga if I know there will be an anime adaptation, as I don't care as much about overall quality as I do consistency.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 21:14   Link #128
winterbaby
вelιnda

I prefer anime. I like anime because I can hear their voices instead of reading the words. And manga is very difficult to read. Its hard cause you have to read right to left instead of left to right. Also most manga on the internet is black and white. I hate black and white!! And because of English dub I don't have to read the subtitles.