Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 11:42   Link #141
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
while by no means confirmed, the sequence in episode 11 certainly seems to suggest that.
Uhm I watched again the sequence you mentioned and it seems CC was a sister and the geass some kind of religion (there is a church with the geass symbol on it).
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 12:26   Link #142
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you'd be amazed what various types of blending can do to colors. 0_o

those eyes could very well have been yellow at some point.
Yes, I'm aware of the difference in color due to the orange background, but I'm looking at how the eyes are drawn, not the colors. C.C.'s eyes have different strokes.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 12:05   Link #143
ccardoso
Banned

Can there be a geass which erases the other geass effects?
Old 2007-03-28, 12:26   Link #144
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Can there be a geass which erases the other geass effects?
we don't really understand the limitations. so far all the powers seen have been what are usually classified as 'psychic' powers. I guess there's no reason why not.

but, up till now, we've never actually seen such an ability (just one way telekinesis, hypnotic suggestion, and hallucination). so don't count on it either.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:46   Link #145
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Is this girl CC?
Oh, that's from the OP? Sharp.

Q: Does the Emperor of Brittania have a real name? Or is his name just kept secret [ie. unannounced] like CC's?

Q: Lulu was the 11th Imperial Prince of Brittania when he was dethroned and sent to Japan. Was Nunnally also the 11th Imperial Princess? Were Cornelia and Schneizel already 2nd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively and Euphemia and Clovis already 3rd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively, at the time of Lulu and Nunnally's banishment from the Empire? And how could Lulu be the 11th Imperial Prince, but be the 17th in line for the throne? Wouldn't being the xth Prince mean that you're also the xth in line for the throne? Or is it because a woman could also inherit the throne?

Q: Marianne vi Brittania, Lulu and Nunnally's mom, was referred to as the deceased Empress of Brittania. We know that the Emperor's children have different moms, with only Nunnally and Lelouch, and Cornelia and Euphemia being whole siblings. Does that mean there were other Empresses ruling aside from Marianne? Or was Marianne the only Empress? If she was the only ruling Empress and only one Empress can take the throne, who succeeded her after her death?

I'm sorry my questions are too long or if they've been asked already...
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 07:59   Link #146
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-san View Post
Q: Does the Emperor of Brittania have a real name? Or is his name just kept secret [ie. unannounced] like CC's?
Yes and yes. It's just a secret.

Quote:
Was Nunnally also the 11th Imperial Princess?
Nunnally's original place in the Imperial family has not been revealed.

Quote:
Were Cornelia and Schneizel already 2nd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively and Euphemia and Clovis already 3rd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively, at the time of Lulu and Nunnally's banishment from the Empire?
Since they were already born, yes.

Quote:
And how could Lulu be the 11th Imperial Prince, but be the 17th in line for the throne? Wouldn't being the xth Prince mean that you're also the xth in line for the throne? Or is it because a woman could also inherit the throne?
Princesses are also eligible to inherit the throne.

Quote:
Does that mean there were other Empresses ruling aside from Marianne? Or was Marianne the only Empress?
There can be only one Empress and the rest of the wives are referred to as empress consorts. Marianne was not an Empress, however.

Quote:
If she was the only ruling Empress and only one Empress can take the throne, who succeeded her after her death?
That is unknown.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 08:13   Link #147
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
According to the Code Geass prologue novel, it's Lewis/Louis/Lewitz/Ruiz El Britannia. The name's Romanization is unknown. We don't know if the anime will follow this decision, though. So right now it's of very little importance to us.
Quote:
Q: Lulu was the 11th Imperial Prince of Brittania when he was dethroned and sent to Japan. Was Nunnally also the 11th Imperial Princess? Were Cornelia and Schneizel already 2nd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively and Euphemia and Clovis already 3rd Imperial Princess and Prince, respectively, at the time of Lulu and Nunnally's banishment from the Empire? And how could Lulu be the 11th Imperial Prince, but be the 17th in line for the throne? Wouldn't being the xth Prince mean that you're also the xth in line for the throne? Or is it because a woman could also inherit the throne?
According to a certain magazine spoiler, Nunnally's never been called a 'princess'...the meaning of which is unknown. Fake Okouchi, our CG staff insider at 2chan, has not commented on it, simply stating that it was unconfirmed. We don't know her ranking.

The erstwhile ranking (during Lelouch's time at the palace) is still unknown and right now a bit fortuitous. The staff didn't bother giving all names for the heirs. We only know that the first in line for the throne is a bearded guy (seen during Clovis' funeral) named Aurelien/Aurelia/Aurelian.

Lelouch was the seventeenth because his mother was of lower extraction (she was a prototype Knightmare Frame pilot the Emperor married so as to spark interest in the KF indurstry and help the machines gain importance in the Empire). Since he was of mixed, lower blood, he was lower in the succession ladder. The same went for Nunnally.

And, yes, women can also take part in the succession battle. As Cornelia hinted at during her last conversation with Euphemia, the succession is a battle that princes and princesses can choose to attend or else they're given a simple number based on royal logic.
Quote:
Wouldn't being the xth Prince mean that you're also the xth in line for the throne?
Nope. Not at all.

Lelouch being the 11th Prince simply means he's the eleventh male heir born from the Emperor. This sub-ranking only serves to show which male was born before who. Simply to give an idea of who's older than who (and therefore who's higher than who). It doesn't give any information on whether a princess was born before or whatnot. That's why Lelouch was in the back of the line - there was a shiteload of other princes and princesses before him...all of 'purer' blood.
Quote:
Q: Marianne vi Brittania, Lulu and Nunnally's mom, was referred to as the deceased Empress of Brittania. We know that the Emperor's children have different moms, with only Nunnally and Lelouch, and Cornelia and Euphemia being whole siblings. Does that mean there were other Empresses ruling aside from Marianne? Or was Marianne the only Empress? If she was the only ruling Empress and only one Empress can take the throne, who succeeded her after her death?
The Emperor has 108 wives. All Empresses...supposedly. The staff didn't explore that part either. And right now, as there is no information available on the Emperor's brothers, sisters and wives, it's not like it really matters to the show we're watching. We simply assume that they're just there to support the Emperor. And that when he dies, the throne goes to the kids. Period.
Old 2007-03-29, 12:31   Link #148
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Is incest permitted within the Imperial family? What about other families?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:39   Link #149
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Is incest permitted within the Imperial family? What about other families?
If you're thinking about Ancient Egypt where marrying one's sisters was one way to legitimize one's succession to the throne, I don't think so...unless the blood of the Britannia line is greatly endangered and must be preserved by intermarriage...but that'd be quite a gripping quandary for the family. And even then polygamy is there to ensure that the Emperor has at least one male heir.

As for the succession thingy, there isn't much information around on how it works, so don't expect wonderwork-like answers...the thing's shady as hell. -_-
Old 2007-03-29, 15:47   Link #150
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
The networks that air the earliest Code Geass episodes (MBS/TBS) are replacing the show with Darker Than BLACK after the 23rd episode is revealed. However, according to another forum, other places and networks, such as BIGLOBE and Animax, will air the 24th and 25th episodes. What I would like to know are two things:

1) What is the earliest date for when the 24th and 25th episodes of Code Geass will air?

2) Do you believe that there will be a RAW of these episodes provided by RAW Providers (e.g. Saiyaman)? Yeah, it may be a stupid question, but I don't know how RAWs are created in the first place, so I must ask.
Quoting and reposting, since with the coming of Ep.23 a lot of us are frothing at the mouth for the conclusion. Is it possible other stations might air Geass "on time"?
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 19:53   Link #151
Destinyblade

According to what I've read (I can't remember if it was on these forums or Random Curiosity), other stations like ANIMAX still do have Geass 24 & 25 scheduled to air in April. However, the last time that information was updated was back 2-4 months ago.

It's very doubtful that cable/satellite channels, like ANIMAX, would air the episodes before MBS/TBS do. So I would go with what was just recently posted by MBS and say that 24 & 25 won't be available until summer.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:05   Link #152
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Well, we can always hold out for television heroism I suppose.

Come on Animax, do the right thing.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 01:43   Link #153
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Thanks, I really appreciate it, Li-san and Renegade-san. I'm just curious on how the whole Imperial Family thing works.

There was one thing you guys had conflicting answers, though, and that is about Marianne and her being Empress. Well, I guess it sort of matters to the show because, erm, Lulu's thirst for vengeance began when his mother, who [I thought] was the Empress, was killed. I mean, he already mentioned it couldn't have been the work of terrorists, as they lived in a very protected Imperial villa of some sort. So, the first thing that crossed my mind was "hmm... the one who wanted Marianne dead is probably the one who wants to replace her as Empress, or just someone who wants to have a higher rank, which can only happen if Marianne's dead."

And the fact that a female could also inherit the throne makes the term "Empress" even more confusing. Ack. What if Marianne wasn't just a wife and had real, executive powers? For her to be envied and killed, maybe it wasn't just status. Maybe it had to do with power, too.
Old 2007-03-30, 05:08   Link #154
ccardoso
Banned

This post states that we should be able to get episode 24 next week... is this believable or is it just some crap?
Old 2007-03-30, 13:13   Link #155
velvet nightmare

so what exactly is mao's geass

not only can he hear thoughts, he can extract information that the target isnt thinking up front?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 13:16   Link #156
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
so what exactly is mao's geass

not only can he hear thoughts, he can extract information that the target isnt thinking up front?
It was pretty much absolute thought reading like you stated.

It had a 500m radius of passive effectiveness for reading superficial thoughts, but a shorter and reduced range when focusing on the inner thoughts of a single person.

Did I leave anything out?
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 22:18   Link #157
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
This post states that we should be able to get episode 24 next week... is this believable or is it just some crap?
Its just my guess. But We know tomorow is Apirl first, so you might see alot of Pranks. Base on Anidb next episode will air next week. Also when they want to do something like changing dates, usually in the preview some one actually talks and announce that. Did you see anything like that?. So This might be just a prank .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-31 at 05:44.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 23:44   Link #158
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post

Lelouch was the seventeenth because his mother was of lower extraction (she was a prototype Knightmare Frame pilot the Emperor married so as to spark interest in the KF indurstry and help the machines gain importance in the Empire). Since he was of mixed, lower blood, he was lower in the succession ladder. The same went for Nunnally.

And, yes, women can also take part in the succession battle. As Cornelia hinted at during her last conversation with Euphemia, the succession is a battle that princes and princesses can choose to attend or else they're given a simple number based on royal logic.
(Hi there, all)

It is possible that the actual sucession line is a sort of ranking system, where one may be able to move up and down, depending on a variety of factors, including one's mother's favor with the emperor. For example, it is possible that, because he was so young, Lulu was so far down on the list because, at the end, when personal factors are irrelevent because they are still too young, only birth decides one's number. It is also possible that things like millitary victories and such can affect one's rank in the sucession. Euphie may be high on the ladder because she is 1) of more pure blood and 2)perhaps she did the emperor a favor of some sort (who knows what, perhaps she convinced her sister or someone to do somthing).
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 12:52   Link #159
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
(Hi there, all)

It is possible that the actual sucession line is a sort of ranking system, where one may be able to move up and down, depending on a variety of factors, including one's mother's favor with the emperor. For example, it is possible that, because he was so young, Lulu was so far down on the list because, at the end, when personal factors are irrelevent because they are still too young, only birth decides one's number. It is also possible that things like millitary victories and such can affect one's rank in the sucession. Euphie may be high on the ladder because she is 1) of more pure blood and 2)perhaps she did the emperor a favor of some sort (who knows what, perhaps she convinced her sister or someone to do somthing).
Yeah, which is why I was thinking it couldn't have been the age. It has already been mentioned that Euphie is around the same age as Suzaku, which would also make her around the same age as Lelouch. I was thinking, maybe if Lelouch didn't [or wasn't] 'kicked off' the Imperial list of heirs to the throne, maybe he would've been already promoted to 4th Imperial Prince at present? Because it was specifically mentioned that he was 11th Imperial Prince at the time of his mother's death.

I think it's not likely that it has something to do with achievements. Remember, Euphie was just a student before gaining her decorative Vice-Governor status.
Old 2007-03-31, 16:49   Link #160
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Yeah, which is why I was thinking it couldn't have been the age. It has already been mentioned that Euphie is around the same age as Suzaku, which would also make her around the same age as Lelouch. I was thinking, maybe if Lelouch didn't [or wasn't] 'kicked off' the Imperial list of heirs to the throne, maybe he would've been already promoted to 4th Imperial Prince at present? Because it was specifically mentioned that he was 11th Imperial Prince at the time of his mother's death.

I think it's not likely that it has something to do with achievements. Remember, Euphie was just a student before gaining her decorative Vice-Governor status.

Yes, it must be somthing other then age, though age seems to play some part in it. Like you said, Lulu was 11th prince, though that may be because someone offed a few between then and now. Again, this probably has to do with your favor with the emperor.
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a