AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 06:10   Link #2801
Eratas123

Hm, good to know. I'd rather not expect anything and get disappointed.
Old 2012-04-06, 13:44   Link #2802
CrimsonDisc

So could someone who is (fairly) certain about what the author plans to do tell me?
And is Volume 8 coming out...?

I'm getting very confused... tyvm *bows*
CrimsonDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 20:22   Link #2803
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Different sources said different words.

On the other hand, Author promised about Revised V8. on the other hand, the rest of novel is pulled from market.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:51   Link #2804
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Or could be both. Author got new publisher to release the novels, and MediaFactory has to take the volumes down as a result. (Hypothetical situation). We don't know what's going on, but I rather trust the author's words given how vocal he is (and that he's a first-hand source).
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:10   Link #2805
ValiantX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I rather trust the author's words given how vocal he is (and that he's a first-hand source).
Ehehe, this is so funny and so true it hurts
ValiantX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:37   Link #2806
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Or could be both. Author got new publisher to release the novels, and MediaFactory has to take the volumes down as a result. (Hypothetical situation). We don't know what's going on, but I rather trust the author's words given how vocal he is (and that he's a first-hand source).
Depends on his publisher, who will have certain publishing "guidelines" they have to follow. Fujimi for example may ask him to improve the quality of the male cast by say...adding another male IS Pilot to the mix for example. Mediafactory main criteria is making harem LNs and a different publisher may change his writing style.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:59   Link #2807
Athena
The Power of One

Or IS could simply get our from Kadokawa and go to, let's say, Shueisha.
Old 2012-04-11, 22:30   Link #2808
ValiantX3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Depends on his publisher, who will have certain publishing "guidelines" they have to follow. Fujimi for example may ask him to improve the quality of the male cast by say...adding another male IS Pilot to the mix for example.
Aiya, or maybe making Ichika more likable character. But that idea is not really farfetched either, assuming Ichika is not really super special, one-of-a-kind dude =.=

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Mediafactory main criteria is making harem LNs and a different publisher may change his writing style.
Hmmmmmm... sadly, this is true, boo ._.
ValiantX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:01   Link #2809
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantX3 View Post
Aiya, or maybe making Ichika more likable character. But that idea is not really farfetched either, assuming Ichika is not really super special, one-of-a-kind dude =.=
Ichika's already likeable, IMO. I mean, he stands out in the dense-o-meter enough to be exceptional.
Old 2012-04-13, 18:37   Link #2810
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And that's the reason most of the audience hates him, too dense to be likable. Guess even obliviousness have standard :|
Old 2012-04-13, 23:54   Link #2811
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
And that's the reason most of the audience hates him, too dense to be likable. Guess even obliviousness have standard :|
*shrug* personally I don't hate his character, though I do note he's denser than even most other harem genre protagonists To me, he's tolerable.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 00:04   Link #2812
Eratas123

It's only cause he's got nothing going for him apart from being dense and being a pilot. He never does things unless he's dragged into it, he's not proactive, and he never changes. Other harem protags at least have the tendency to be proactive in some situations.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:20   Link #2813
Setsuna Asuka

And others either whine all the time or are total douches.
Old 2012-04-14, 19:17   Link #2814
Eratas123

Not all of them The problem with Ichika, as many have mentioned, is that he had a lot of potential. He shows that he's confident when he drags Houki to lunch and isn't afraid to get into arguments with Cecilia and Rin when they say something he disagrees with.......then he stops doing it after the first few episodes and just goes with the flow.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:32   Link #2815
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
He looks pretty sympathic to me though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
And others either whine all the time or are total douches.
The ones who whine all the time are sometimes annoying, but total douches are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Not all of them The problem with Ichika, as many have mentioned, is that he had a lot of potential. He shows that he's confident when he drags Houki to lunch and isn't afraid to get into arguments with Cecilia and Rin when they say something he disagrees with.......then he stops doing it after the first few episodes and just goes with the flow.
He's maybe thinking "F$&k you, I already got a decent harem. No need to look great anymore. I'll just play the indecisive dude and make the girls fight for me."
Old 2012-04-15, 18:08   Link #2816
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
He's maybe thinking "F$&k you, I already got a decent harem. No need to look great anymore. I'll just play the indecisive dude and make the girls fight for me."
You're assuming he's smart enough to plan it out this deeply IMO, he's not that devious/smart >.>
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:33   Link #2817
Eratas123

The only other time I've seen some backbone from him is when he yelled at Tatenashi from barging into his bathroom. Even then he backed down when she replied with a "Lol u mad?"
Old 2012-04-15, 19:40   Link #2818
Athena
The Power of One

I get it. When the girls act tsun- at him, he handles them well. When the girls act -dere, he acts dumb.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:43   Link #2819
Eratas123

Is there any news for a new novel? I thought we were going to get a release this month.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:44   Link #2820
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Is there any news for a new novel? I thought we were going to get a release this month.
If indeed mentioned it got, was probably just a rumour on 2ch. Unreliable source it would be.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen