Old 2013-10-26, 12:29   Link #2261
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I wonder if spider lady will live and end up marring Drakon
We already know who Drakon's wife is...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 12:54   Link #2262
CBredbeard
Banned

WAHAHAAHAHA! A hand-maiden that knows how to poison people. Good on you, Drakon.

I had thought that the princess would end being a pretty powerful dungeon conqueror in her own right, but after the humiliation she experienced at the hands of Sinbad in this last chapter, I think she's completely worthless. She's older than him and more experienced, yet he made a complete fool out of her. I guess it's just the fate of all female characters in a shonen manga. They're going to end up being losers no matter how good a front they put up initially.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:10   Link #2263
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
WAHAHAAHAHA! A hand-maiden that knows how to poison people. Good on you, Drakon.

I had thought that the princess would end being a pretty powerful dungeon conqueror in her own right, but after the humiliation she experienced at the hands of Sinbad in this last chapter, I think she's completely worthless. She's older than him and more experienced, yet he made a complete fool out of her. I guess it's just the fate of all female characters in a shonen manga. They're going to end up being losers no matter how good a front they put up initially.
You must didn't read Akame ga Kiru...
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:55   Link #2264
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
You must didn't read Akame ga Kiru...
I'm pretty sure I'd end up disappointed.
Old 2013-10-26, 15:06   Link #2265
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
We already know who Drakon's wife is...

so that the lucky girl, well it look like Drakon did a good choice.
Old 2013-10-26, 15:53   Link #2266
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, the blonde one IS his sister so... >.> It makes sense. Like Mai for Zuko...
Old 2013-10-27, 00:15   Link #2267
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I'd end up disappointed.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No.
Old 2013-10-27, 04:53   Link #2268
CBredbeard
Banned

Oh, that manga with the violent psychopaths who all deserve to die. Yeah, excuse me while I go throw up.
Old 2013-10-27, 06:57   Link #2269
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Oh, that manga with the violent psychopaths who all deserve to die. Yeah, excuse me while I go throw up.
Funny, I don't remember anyone in Akame ever turning thousands of people into a living power plant. Or driving an entire country insane. Or half the shit these people do every arc.
Old 2013-10-27, 07:41   Link #2270
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Funny, I don't remember anyone in Akame ever turning thousands of people into a living power plant. Or driving an entire country insane. Or half the shit these people do every arc.
The difference is usually how personal the horrible things people do are.
We are more likely to forgive (as readers) a person (in fiction) who blows up a planet or destroys a nation, than a person who personally tortures our point of view characters family to death, or does other small scale horrible things to people we see and learn the background/situation of.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:08   Link #2271
sparkles

I just love how even though Alibaba already has some good skills, the manga just finds ways to humiliate him. I'm getting confused by the art though, since almost all of them look the same. Plus the story is kind of confusing for me already but I still read it since it's fun
sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:18   Link #2272
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Hey, I've always said I wanted everyone in Magnostadt to die. The fact that they got away with pretty much everything they've ever done pisses me off to no end, but that's all behind us now. And I wanted Cassim to burn and having his soul merge with Alibaba was one of the lowest points in the manga for me.
Old 2013-10-27, 14:13   Link #2273
Raviel

^To be fair to Cassim, I don't even think it was his soul, more like some lingering essence than a soul.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 14:20   Link #2274
konart

Spoiler for 201:
Old 2013-10-27, 14:23   Link #2275
Raviel

Spoiler for 201:
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:52   Link #2276
ChampDream
Alive

lol, Alibaba doesn't get a break.
well it could be good to see how Balbadd is doing.
Old 2013-10-27, 22:49   Link #2277
marvelB

Whoa, I nearly forgot the series came back this week. Well, that makes for a pleasant surprise, then!

Anyways, nice chapter. Also glad to see that Mor is tagging along with Alibaba for this trip, as well. Maybe she'll even give him some insight as to what happened during her first meeting with Yunan at her homeland.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 23:32   Link #2278
Sixth
Hu Tao

Cat fight is inevitable. Alibaba visiting Balbadd and encounters Kougyoku. 3 ways fight for Alibaba.

Also, is one of the Olba's girl hugging Alibaba's arm like a slut in chaptger 201?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 00:51   Link #2279
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Also, is one of the Olba's girl hugging Alibaba's arm like a slut in chaptger 201?
She's excited to be with him. They all are hanging off of him to one degree or another. They're pretty much members of the Alibaba Fanclub.

Already shaping up to be a pretty good arc. No Aladdin. This'll be the first time Morgiana and Alibaba have gone an adventure together without Aladdin. Of course, Toto and the Pirate Kids are tagging along and the hijinks that will ensue are sure to entertain. Part of me was disappointed that they wouldn't have some alone time together, but this'll be fun to.

Somehow Morgiana is still 15? I know she was 14 at the start of the manga, but it's been more than 2 years since then. There was the skip between the beginning and the Balbaad arc. Then there was the skip afterward. That's an entire year. It's probably been closer to 2 years since the group captured their 2nd dungeon. Morgiana would be close to being 17 by now, but she's still 15?

Not that I mind the idea that Morgiana still has some growing to do, but I wonder if the mangaka has been made to reign in her time-skips a bit. Certainly tacking 6 months onto the end of every arc is unnecessary. Alot can happen even in a single month, nevermind half a year.

I am rather disgusted that Aladdin is given Mogamett's staff and that the loss of Granny's staff wasn't even mentioned. The sheer irony of him losing the staff like he did after the lesson he'd learned from her and the Koga tribe...Aladdin wasn't even that close to the Chancellor, while Granny was his surrogate grandmother!

It wasn't a simple piece of wood that had been destroyed. It was a deeply sentimental keepsake from a dear friend. Practically family. She was the complete opposite to Mogamett and no mind is paid to her whatsoever, despite being a far wiser and stronger character.

To explain what I mean, Granny taught Aladdin that letting go of your pride is an acceptable thing to do. She insisted that the tribe take the stance to not resort to violence, no matter how justified no matter how angry because doing so would destroy them. Family came first and if survival meant giving up their way of life and following another kingdom, it was the thing to do.

And what does Aladdin do? He fights for Magnostadt's pride. He fights for their anger. In the process, the staff is destroyed. He had completely forgotten the lesson he'd learned and fittingly he lost the connection to his dear departed friend.

I hope Aladdin falls into depravity and has to be put down like a dog, just like Mogamett.

...Anyway, good start to the new arc. I get the feeling that Morgiana's and Alibaba's relationship will advance some.
Old 2013-10-28, 01:49   Link #2280
Kurangceret

Quote:
She's excited to be with him. They all are hanging off of him to one degree or another. They're pretty much members of the Alibaba Fanclub.

Already shaping up to be a pretty good arc. No Aladdin. This'll be the first time Morgiana and Alibaba have gone an adventure together without Aladdin. Of course, Toto and the Pirate Kids are tagging along and the hijinks that will ensue are sure to entertain. Part of me was disappointed that they wouldn't have some alone time together, but this'll be fun to.

Somehow Morgiana is still 15? I know she was 14 at the start of the manga, but it's been more than 2 years since then. There was the skip between the beginning and the Balbaad arc. Then there was the skip afterward. That's an entire year. It's probably been closer to 2 years since the group captured their 2nd dungeon. Morgiana would be close to being 17 by now, but she's still 15?

Not that I mind the idea that Morgiana still has some growing to do, but I wonder if the mangaka has been made to reign in her time-skips a bit. Certainly tacking 6 months onto the end of every arc is unnecessary. Alot can happen even in a single month, nevermind half a year.

I am rather disgusted that Aladdin is given Mogamett's staff and that the loss of Granny's staff wasn't even mentioned. The sheer irony of him losing the staff like he did after the lesson he'd learned from her and the Koga tribe...Aladdin wasn't even that close to the Chancellor, while Granny was his surrogate grandmother!

It wasn't a simple piece of wood that had been destroyed. It was a deeply sentimental keepsake from a dear friend. Practically family. She was the complete opposite to Mogamett and no mind is paid to her whatsoever, despite being a far wiser and stronger character.

To explain what I mean, Granny taught Aladdin that letting go of your pride is an acceptable thing to do. She insisted that the tribe take the stance to not resort to violence, no matter how justified no matter how angry because doing so would destroy them. Family came first and if survival meant giving up their way of life and following another kingdom, it was the thing to do.

And what does Aladdin do? He fights for Magnostadt's pride. He fights for their anger. In the process, the staff is destroyed. He had completely forgotten the lesson he'd learned and fittingly he lost the connection to his dear departed friend.

I hope Aladdin falls into depravity and has to be put down like a dog, just like Mogamett.

...Anyway, good start to the new arc. I get the feeling that Morgiana's and Alibaba's relationship will advance some.
He never fight for Magnostadt's pride, he simply fight in order to prevent more people dying.
He even goes as far as just driving the Reim's army away with sand and try to lower their morale. (So that they will not battle further, while the Magnostadt's Magician try to kill them in the war)

Aladdin also did not participate at the beginning of the war (he decided to participate only when things get worse), thus I think you are twisting the story by your own mind set.

Also, I don't know why you should mention granny's arc on it.
Kurangceret is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen