3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-16, 23:25   Link #81
prolifik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenW View Post
@prolifik Looks like that approach failed.

I noticed it too. The animation seemed a lot better in that scene; maybe trees would have pushed them over budget.
lol

With all of the useless toys and junk that they sell to kids I would hope not.
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 01:20   Link #82
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
Oh my god this was painfull to watch .. so many useless things r shown .. all of this could be dont in 5 min ..
Yes, it could had been done like that in 5 minutes , 3 Manga Chapter each 5 minutes will mean ~10 Manga chapters per Episode, meaning the Anime would catch up with he Manga in ~13 episodes, so in less than 3 months, the anime team would've be forced to do fillers for some years again. Thank god you don't work with the Anime team.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:36   Link #83
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yes, it could had been done like that in 5 minutes , 3 Manga Chapter each 5 minutes will mean ~10 Manga chapters per Episode, meaning the Anime would catch up with he Manga in ~13 episodes, so in less than 3 months, the anime team would've be forced to do fillers for some years again. Thank god you don't work with the Anime team.
lol what is your problem ? So what if it last 3 month we will have another new serie/comic .. Naruto is not my life .. sorry if i offense your life style .

Any way in every episode there is fillers .. U will have always same amount of fillers no mater when story will finish .. it is just little different u can look little fillers in each episode or u can watch fillers episode .. it will last 1 year in both cases ..

This episodes were so boring . Only interesting thing is Sasori/Kankurou..

Someone should say that it is forbiden to have opinion or to vote painfull
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 04:23   Link #84
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I completely agree with DeDe there.

For the sake of the anime, fitting 3 chapters worth into one episode is simply not worth it.

Quote:
lol what is your problem ? So what if it last 3 month we will have another new serie/comic .. Naruto is not my life .. sorry if i offense your life style
Well, you certainly do talk about Naruto, and Sasuke, a lot.

Perhaps you don't believe it would be different, but a lot of people are fine with waiting for an episode per week. TV shows are built around that principle, and animes are too.

If you really do believe yourself above such backward timing, then you can wait for three months -since you don't mind waiting- and then view a three-month worth of Naruto anime?

Then afterwards, perhaps you should stop trying to flame people:

Quote:
sorry if i offense your life style
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 04:31   Link #85
SpiRo
Banned

@El_Frenchie
What can i say im studying law i must practice arguing .. I dont mind if Naruto finish in 1 month or last forever as long as it is good ..

Watching 40 min episode with nothing happening, it is boring .. and that is why i voted painfull .. i didnt flame anyone .. Rurik started flaming me ..

Even if i wait 5 month i will watch same boring episode, wont I ? And again it will be boring for me .. It would be much better if they fill battles more then just trash talk dont u agree ?

Believe it i will save everyone and i will become Hokage, i wont go back on my words, that is my way of ninja .. i dont like seeing this 100 times in 1 episode. And his crying and whatever .. is he nin or what ..

As i said i liked Sasori/Kankurou fight .. if they fought little longer and if anime showed Deidara fight ANBU that would be great ..

EDIT: @Alice Elliot
Hah but that was funny episode i liked that episode damn u -.-

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-17 at 08:02.
Old 2007-04-17, 04:32   Link #86
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
I agree with Rurik, it might be boring in some scenes with the filler material but better this way than another load of whole fillers. Well I liked these episodes the story moved a bit faster than in the last eps. Actually I thought that the fight between Sasori and Kakurou would take another 2 episodes... but fortunately not

@SpiRo It isn't about lifestyle. It's about perspective. I also prefer this filler material, maybe you are right that it will last the same in both cases. But at least if they mix it up they can't put senseless and ridiculous episodes like the curry arc in here, because they have to follow the storyline. Thats a positive point.
Alice Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 07:52   Link #87
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
lol what is your problem ? So what if it last 3 month we will have another new serie/comic .. Naruto is not my life .. sorry if i offense your life style .

Any way in every episode there is fillers .. U will have always same amount of fillers no mater when story will finish .. it is just little different u can look little fillers in each episode or u can watch fillers episode .. it will last 1 year in both cases ..

This episodes were so boring . Only interesting thing is Sasori/Kankurou..

Someone should say that it is forbiden to have opinion or to vote painfull

First off, this isn’t flaming or not been able to have an opinion that the episode sucked, this is abut the illogicality of wanting for the Anime be filler free, no, I take that back, is the illogicality of wanting the Anime have a pace of 10 Manga chapters per episode, 2 is ok, as it has been just about the amount of manga covered before, but 10, well 10 is illogical.

This is a long series and one that has high viewer ratings, not only the target audience this anime is aim at doesn’t care too much about the fillers (believe me, the target audience isn’t people that download licensed material) but, any long series have always this type of fillers. and then, if you want 2 more years of filler episodes again, go ahead, I bet you everybody here would not want to see this happening.

BTW, what I find more funny is the fact that the boring parts that you are saying, are actually in the Manga, this episode has little filler in terms what is been said, in this case, the whole part when Kakashi team found tamari and afterwards is not filler, and if there is something is minimal.
Old 2007-04-17, 08:05   Link #88
ShikaShika
無罪

Two chapters for dialogue episodes, three for pure fighting episodes. Perfect. Then bring on the two year filler arcs, I don't care, there's other stuff to watch.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 08:07   Link #89
SpiRo
Banned

Funny is, that i didnt say there is many fillers .. just stated that it was boring for me (painfull) becouse i read manga and already knewed all ..

I didnt sayed it is boring to everyone..
Old 2007-04-17, 08:42   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Who ever invented the word "filler" needs to be shot...In my 3 plus years on this site, there's been no word more misused or misunderstood...
Old 2007-04-17, 11:56   Link #91
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Two chapters for dialogue episodes, three for pure fighting episodes. Perfect. Then bring on the two year filler arcs, I don't care, there's other stuff to watch.
That kind of ratio is better.

Quote:
Funny is, that i didnt say there is many fillers .. just stated that it was boring for me (painfull) becouse i read manga and already knewed all ..

I didnt sayed it is boring to everyone..
Now you are contradicting yourself?? You stated everything could be done in 5 minutes( Meaning there were a lot of stuff that should had been left out), not to mention, you said there were lot of useless stuff that were included in the Episodes, and unless you were asking for the anime team to not animate things that happened in the Manga, what you were talking about was filler.

wingdarkness, it is basically a general consent that the word filler is the term used to define things that appear in the anime but not so in the Manga. I dont see the misuse of it, is rather well place, as the definition of filler is the most proper for it.
Old 2007-04-17, 12:03   Link #92
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

Besides Kankurou/Sasori fight being extended, only filler I remember in the episode was Jiraiya sleeping in bed and the frog trying to wake him up. Which I might add kind of degraded his character imo.

If I remember correctly, everything else was almost exactly like the manga. Even the siblings at the fishing hole

Gave it a 7
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:09   Link #93
Blaine

I agree why is everyone saying these episodes are full of filler? i havent noticed that much filler. All this whinning annoys me if you think its bad why keep watching?
Old 2007-04-17, 12:58   Link #94
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex` View Post
Besides Kankurou/Sasori fight being extended, only filler I remember in the episode was Jiraiya sleeping in bed and the frog trying to wake him up. Which I might add kind of degraded his character imo.

If I remember correctly, everything else was almost exactly like the manga. Even the siblings at the fishing hole

Gave it a 7
I haven't read the manga since it came out but I spotted team Kakashi on their way to the mission room, and a bunch of sand filler as well. (Clearing that rubble and what not.)

Still, since there was no one really long scene in this episode being dragged to infinity, the filler wasn't nearly as annoying as it has been in previous episodes, even though the amount was almost the same. Like ~40% filler instead of ~50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I agree why is everyone saying these episodes are full of filler? i havent noticed that much filler. All this whinning annoys me if you think its bad why keep watching?
Well... it's not really that the filler is bad (it usually is though, but it was ok in this episode) it's that it drags out the pace... They left out the Kankurou vs Sasori fight in the manga with good reason, it was painstakingly obvious who would win, and who wouldn't stand a chance. Instead of the ten minutes wasted on that fight we could have gotten ten minutes closer to the next real fights which I guarantee you are waaaay more interesting.

To each his own, but remember we all have a right to be here.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:08   Link #95
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Now you are contradicting yourself?? You stated everything could be done in 5 minutes( Meaning there were a lot of stuff that should had been left out), not to mention, you said there were lot of useless stuff that were included in the Episodes, and unless you were asking for the anime team to not animate things that happened in the Manga, what you were talking about was filler.
I contradict myself ? How ? I didnt say there is any filler .. i said episode was boring for me and all that could be done in 5 min .. that dont mean there is fillers, that mean they didnt need to put everything from manga in anime what is not so important (like when Temari see crack on her teacup) ... do u get it ? Like when somone say that magna chapter is boring does that mean it have fillers ?
Old 2007-04-17, 13:22   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I contradict myself ? How is that i didnt say there is any filler .. i said episode was boring for me and all that could be done in 5 min .. that dont mean there is fillers that mean they didnt need to pu everything from manga in anime what is not so important ... do u get it ? Like when somone say this magna chapter is boring does that mean it have fillers ?
NO, you said this:

Quote:
Oh my god this was painfull to watch .. so many useless things r shown .. all of this could be dont in 5 min ..

First off, you are saying a lot of useless thing was shown in the Anime itself, and this could had been done in 5 minutes. Yes you are referring to that a lot of things in here should had been left out of the Anime so it could be done in 5 minutes, in this case you are talking about fillers. After that you talk about fillers replying to me and Frenchie:

Quote:
Quote:
Even if i wait 5 month i will watch same boring episode, wont I ? And again it will be boring for me .. It would be much better if they fill battles more then just trash talk dont u agree ?

if You would had been talking about not liking What has been said (that is important to the story), that comes from the Manga, you would had said that since I replied to you the first time, now you are slightly changing what you originally said.

Now your new point of view is that basically the Anime team needed to ditch all the talking, no wonder there are people lost in the anime when referring to facts.
Old 2007-04-17, 13:32   Link #97
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
First off, you are saying a lot of useless thing was shown in the Anime itself, and this could had been done in 5 minutes. Yes you are referring to that a lot of things in here should had been left out of the Anime so it could be done in 5 minutes, in this case you are talking about fillers. After that you talk about fillers replying to me and Frenchie:
rofl ? I already explained that when i said useless, i didnt say fillers, didnt i ? As useless thing i thinked about Temari with teacup .. IT WAS SHOWN IN MANGA!! So my point was .. it was boring for me to watch same useless thing that i was reading in manga !

I NEVER MENTIONED IT IS FULL OF FILLERS!!!!!

Quote:
if You would had been talking about not liking What has been said (that is important to the story), that comes from the Manga, you would had said that since I replied to you the first time, now you are slightly changing what you originally said.

Now your new point of view is that basically the Anime team needed to ditch all the talking, no wonder there are people lost in the anime when referring to facts.
Hehe u didnt understand anything what i wanted to say .. didnt u ?

U should read again, little tip .. i didnt refere on this particular episode i was refering in whole cartoon ..
Old 2007-04-17, 13:33   Link #98
Rahan

Hmm... Next week, we should have a short reference to Kakashi Gaiden. I wonder how they'll do it. First part of KG as flashbacks in 2 weeks maybe ?
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:47   Link #99
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
rofl ? I already explained that when i said useless, i didnt say fillers, didnt i ? As useless thing i thinked about Temari with teacup .. IT WAS SHOWN IN MANGA!! So my point was .. it was boring for me to watch same useless thing that i was reading in manga !

I NEVER MENTIONED IT IS FULL OF FILLERS!!!!!
I never said you said that the anime was full of fillers.

And what you are saying now is that for you it is boring to see what the characters have to say in the series because you already read it in the Manga? Basically 80% of this show is information important for the plot, not fight. So, really, if you just find boring 80% of the series and on top of that you already know what its going to happen next, why bother to see the Anime?

Quote:
Hehe u didnt understand anything what i wanted to say .. didnt u ?

U should read again, little tip .. i didnt refere on this particular episode i was refering in whole cartoon ..
On the first it was obvious what you wanted to say, I did get everything, but next time what you need to do when you reply, is that instead of debating with everyone, make clear what you were trying to say to avoid confusion to all of us, Frenchi and Allice had the same idea from your post as I did.

Also, let me remind you that you were the first one that begun to debate about Fillers, my replied to oyu was about you wanting that the Anime team do episodes with a 10+ Manga chapter ratio, my mention about filler was strictly to show what would had happen if that would happen, the second coming of Filler arcs.

Anyways, the fact that the Anime team has used a more decent manga coverage in this episode gives me high hopes that it will continue to do so in future episodes.
Old 2007-04-17, 16:22   Link #100
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:

wingdarkness, it is basically a general consent that the word filler is the term used to define things that appear in the anime but not so in the Manga. I dont see the misuse of it, is rather well place, as the definition of filler is the most proper for it.
No, what I was trying to convey was that the word filler has been so turned and flipped upside down that someone will call a basic transition scene or the nominal process of someone walking before a scene starts, or an elaborate conversation into this evil word called filler...Nevermind that filler (before Naruto distorted what this process really was) is a basic process that is done and needed for almost any and all medium...By some peoples' logic filler would have to even mean a bull$hit or non-100% vital conversation or illustration that doesn't specifically move the most important part of the story EVEN IN A MANGA...It's a chore in idiocy for me to listen to so many people whine about what's probably the most natural process involved in any work... Whether it be a book, a drama, a movie, or an anime, there is ALWAYS gonna be auxillary elements that are created for no purpose other than to make-up the body of a work...

Sometimes (as in many animes) these fillers are used to define characters that aren't as well defined in the manga...To create character development of lesser characters or to emphasize certain elements that can't be done in a soley non-animated illustrated way...Imagine yourself being a manga creator and you create a certain character who isn't very important when you first thought of the chapter, but as time progressed you inevitably see that character brought to life (perhaps it gets a popular fan reaction) and you want to add a side-story or character story in anime form...What in the hell is wrong with that?

Obviously when you say this in a Naruto forum people are gonna immediatley associate filler with Naruto's unprecedented filller-arcs which is the exception to the rule...and to clarify I understand when filler really is useless filler (and I mean beyond obvious stuff), but we are getting to the point where ANYTHING not 1000000000% to a tee with the manga or moving the most vital singular aspect of the story is now some worthless filler...

A frog landed on Jairaiya's face--Oh $hit that's filler!!!!
Pakkun's running too long in the forest--Oh $hit that's filler!!!!
Sasuke asked a question he didn't ask in the manga--Oh $hit that's filler!!!!
Naruto ate his Ramen too slow--Oh $hit that's filler!!!!

I mean where does it end? So no I don't find it a general consent that everyone understands what filler truley is when I see the word lazily used 20 times a day on this site alone...As for my personal opinion I think you know where I stand...All I ask is that it be GOOD, filler notwithstanding...But honestly I hate the word, because people who buy into the thoughts of random heads on animeforums like this will not watch a series or an arc or an episode because they hear some mark rambling about "Oh $hit it's filler" ...