AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-29, 19:33   Link #41
LustigerAstronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This show is totally unlikely, a bizarre little trifle. But I'm really, really enjoying it. So sue me.
Spoiler for ep6:
This is far more entertaining than lots of shows, and yet it looks as if it will never get subbed. It's not an exclusive club I wish existed, but those of us who are seeing this show are members anyway.
I had to join that club too (and also animesuki, Hello everyone).
Spoiler for ep6 rescueplan:

Last edited by LustigerAstronaut; 2007-03-29 at 21:58.
LustigerAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:57   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustigerAstronaut View Post
I had to join that club too (and also animesuki, Hello everyone).
Spoiler for the rescueplan:
Thanks for the info (in the spoiler, about ep6).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:36   Link #43
voxvam
Shin-Otaku Shyguy

Send a message via AIM to voxvam
Yeah, with the new season starting up I get the impression a show like this will be forgotten.

Shame too, what I've seen of it (and understood) it looks good.

Most likely the only way this will get subbed is if a tler steps forward offering to do it.
Of course then said tler will get about 20 or more requests to tl for group x.
After getting further annoyed said tler will either back out, pick a group at random, go and make their own group or work with the group they normally do.

... really makes it hard for someone to come forward.
Well should something happen I'd be willing to help out. I can muddle through most stuff (except tl) although I'm not that experienced at encoding or karaoke.

Regardless I do hope somebody ends up doing this show as I'd like to be able to actually understand it XD
voxvam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:47   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lots of second-rate, hyped, big-budget new shows starting, and this unpretentious little gem continues to go unsubbed.

Episode 7 and the beat goes on. Humor, pathos, some simple but effective character evolution, and good character design. Characters dropped off-model in some scenes, but nothing too horrible (except for the legs in one long shot.)
Spoiler for brief summary of ep7:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:20   Link #45
Seiryuu

I've just joined the "club" myself, and I must admit I kinda like this, though I've only seen 1 and 6, and none in between. I think I understand the motivation behind going after the girl. As I understand it, they'd tried launching quite a few rockets and, as the islander's expectant gazes suggest, they've all turned into fireworks. They're in a desperate situation because their sponsors are getting tired of throwing money away. Rockets AREN'T cheap, they're typically designed for reuse, except maybe for the external propulsion tanks I don't know. These people can't afford to make more rockets unless they manage to have a success, and they want to use a human since it will make a more impressive success than monkeys. The only rockets they have left are either similar to the previous failures or incapable of safely supporting more than an additional 40kg. Thus, the only convenient way to continue their space program is to put a living human of less than 40kg into one of their rockets. Probably less, considering the weight of the space suits. It's a somewhat silly idea but it's still slightly plausible.
One thing that did bug me was the way the girls treated the sunrise. It's cool looking, but it's still absurd. I've known for too long that astronauts treat the rising sun with extreme caution, since if they don't have their masks down the unfiltered light is sufficient to blind and severely burn instantly. The girls would not be saying "ooh, aah", they'd be screaming in pain.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 01:24   Link #46
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for EP.8:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 09:22   Link #47
BiZz
God ?

The first sub is out thanks to Rakuda team
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 03:59   Link #48
Asrialys

Just watched the sub for episode 1.

What an interesting way to get recruited...
Old 2007-04-19, 22:50   Link #49
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

episode 2 is out now...
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 02:00   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It feels very retro (as in 80s retro) outside of the CGI effects (like the jeep chase sequenc). Some of the "she's captured" moments almost seemed a bit creepy but in general, it seems like a fair adventure yarn once the setup is out of the way.
Old 2007-04-20, 03:02   Link #51
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

Judging from 2 episodes, it is fun series. Non stop action and humor that I like, especially absurdity of it.

Employees of SSA really enjoy torturing *ahem* training their astronauts.
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 07:44   Link #52
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

This show is absolutely hilarious! I feel like singing some Elton John right now!

"I'm not the girl they think I am at all! Nononono I'm a ROCKET GIRL! ROCKET GIIIIIRRRRL!!!!"
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:12   Link #53
Kensuke

First episode might have been so-so, but major improvement in episode 2. I can't believe how much I laughed at that ep.
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 17:17   Link #54
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
First episode might have been so-so, but major improvement in episode 2. I can't believe how much I laughed at that ep.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 09:36   Link #55
Asrialys

lol This anime is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasukawa
"Are you guys retarded?"
Couldn't stop laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPOK View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for yeah:
Old 2007-04-23, 12:22   Link #56
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

I'm feeling the love of this anime as well. After watching the first ep, I wasn't impressed and the story seemed too ordinary but the 2nd ep convinced me to continue watching.
I love Sendai Eri's portrayal of yukari too. Voices are what make or break animes.
I'm glad Rakuda has decided to sub this or else many people like me wouldn't be able to watch it and I hope they keep it up.
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 14:57   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai1 View Post
I'm feeling the love of this anime as well.... I love Sendai Eri's portrayal of Yukari too. Voices are what make or break animes. I'm glad Rakuda has decided to sub this or else many people like me wouldn't be able to watch it and I hope they keep it up.
You may have some idea how good it makes me feel to see people discovering this show, which I have liked from the first raw. I wasn't sold on Sendai Eri in the first few eps, but she is hitting all the right notes for me now (ep 9 is the most recent to be broadcast), so I guess she knew what she was doing. And in my opinion, the show gets nothing but better. I really love your statement "voices are what make or break animes," since I agree completely.

Here is Sendai Eri's photo blog, and here is a recent photo of her from it (click to enlarge). She's 25.

Eri is also good as Kourin, the former maid and poisoner, in Saiunkoku.
Old 2007-04-24, 08:38   Link #58
Kamugin

This series remembers me Stratos4 in various ways, but seems to be more well developed and a lot more fun. Thanks Rakuda team for subbing it, hope they'll keep it until the end.
Kamugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 09:17   Link #59
PyTom

I'm a big fan of this series, and all the space-geek references they managed to put in the second episode. Things like showing us Sam, the monkey pilot of Little Joe 2 (even if the animators mistakenly drew Little Joe II instead of Little Joe 2). The user of the HP-41 calculators (which have been flown on the space shuttle). And so on...

Anyway, thanks to Rakuda for subbing this series.
PyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 12:15   Link #60
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustigerAstronaut View Post
Spoiler for ep6 rescueplan:
I don't speak Japanese, but I did catch the word "Soyuz," so I figured they were trying to do something like this.

What impresses me about this show - and other anime series before it, especially Planetes - is how much respect its creators have for the realities of spaceflight. Yes, there are silly things thrown in there too, but when you compare it to most American TV shows and movies, the difference is like night and day.

Not bad for a country whose first citizen in space probably set the record for zero-gravity barfing.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shounen