AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 21:45   Link #3141
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

First of all, as a Barca fan who hasn't jumped on the bandwagon, I'd say it was a great showing.

As for Utd., Mcmanan said Man U's demise was playing a 4-4-2 against midfield-heavy Barca. I agree to an extent, in my opinion you have to clog Barca's midfield and disrupt their flow. Obviously this isn't nearly as easy as it sounds, but I wonder what it would've been like if Fergie played a 4-3-2-1. I can count on one hand the amount of times Barca played long balls into the box. Flashback to Chelsea's games against us, they played 4-5-1s and forced Xavi and co. to play long balls over the top, and it was severely ineffective. I must admit after the 2nd goal it became just a countdown to the clock though, it became boring. Also a few calls went against United, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:36   Link #3142
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Also a few calls went against United, but that's how it goes sometimes.
I can't see how allowing Valencia to have 4 bookable offences ignored is going against United.

It was actually refreshing to see United try and attack the play, unlike Mourinho's negative tactics for Madrid.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 04:18   Link #3143
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I can't see how allowing Valencia to have 4 bookable offences ignored is going against United.

It was actually refreshing to see United try and attack the play, unlike Mourinho's negative tactics for Madrid
It was, but if a team wants to win it has to destroy Barca's style like RM did in one of the games. Midfielders like Pepe should be able to run here and there to try to intercept the ball and then the team should start a swift counterattack because Barca's defense line isn't perfect as its attacking one.
Old 2011-05-29, 15:11   Link #3144
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Good to see United lose, especially after Evra's "recruitment" of Nasri.
Old 2011-05-29, 18:00   Link #3145
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Good to see United lose, especially after Evra's "recruitment" of Nasri.
ARE YOU F**KING JOKING? After Barca said all that crap about Arsenal with Fabregas? You would think Arsenal fan would want Barca to lose after all the shit they said to Arsenal
Old 2011-05-29, 21:53   Link #3146
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
ARE YOU F**KING JOKING? After Barca said all that crap about Arsenal with Fabregas? You would think Arsenal fan would want Barca to lose after all the shit they said to Arsenal
No, I'm not ****ing joking.

Evra's comments weren't the first time he's taken a swipe at Arsenal. What Mascherano said was pretty scathing but ultimately true. Evra is simply a clown.

Their comments aside, I'd rather see United lose any day of the week than Barcelona.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:51   Link #3147
justavisitor

that's understandable since man u once again beat Arsenal in the EPL..if I were Arsenal fan I would have cheered for Barca also (just kidding )

kidding aside, I agree with Murasaki that if you have to win sometimes you have to play ugly...right now perhaps the only coach who knows how to play against Barca with "some" success is Mourinho and imo, Man U lost because Ferguson wasn't 100% committed into playing defensive...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 23:25   Link #3148
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
No, I'm not ****ing joking.

Evra's comments weren't the first time he's taken a swipe at Arsenal. What Mascherano said was pretty scathing but ultimately true. Evra is simply a clown.

Their comments aside, I'd rather see United lose any day of the week than Barcelona.
It is true that Evra has been dissing Arsenal. But many of the Barca players have disrespected Arsenal as well, and there is a difference between Evra and Barca. Evra dissed Arsenal to be used as a mind game since they are in the same league as Arsenal. On the other hand Barca players have been dissing Arsenal without having any kind of upcoming match against them.

So from my perspective Barca was much more disrespectful towards Arsenal.
Old 2011-05-30, 13:01   Link #3149
Elo the Blue

Quote:
It is true that Evra has been dissing Arsenal. But many of the Barca players have disrespected Arsenal as well, and there is a difference between Evra and Barca. Evra dissed Arsenal to be used as a mind game since they are in the same league as Arsenal. On the other hand Barca players have been dissing Arsenal without having any kind of upcoming match against them.

So from my perspective Barca was much more disrespectful towards Arsenal.
Mascherano aside, which Barcolona players have criticized Arsenal?
Old 2011-05-30, 18:17   Link #3150
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^That's what I'd like to know
Old 2011-05-30, 21:48   Link #3151
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Mascherano aside, which Barcolona players have criticized Arsenal?
Quote:
^That's what I'd like to know
Arsenal for last two seasons talked about how Fabregas should join Barcaelona because Arsenal can't win anything.
So for while many of the Barcaelona players have been talking on how Arsenal can't win titles hence Fabregas should join them.
that is just one
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...anuary-because
There are even quotes from Messi and Puyol on I believe but I can't find it.

:edit one from puyol
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...rsenal-for-not
Old 2011-05-31, 22:59   Link #3152
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Arsenal for last two seasons talked about how Fabregas should join Barcaelona because Arsenal can't win anything.
So for while many of the Barcaelona players have been talking on how Arsenal can't win titles hence Fabregas should join them.
that is just one
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...anuary-because
There are even quotes from Messi and Puyol on I believe but I can't find it.

:edit one from puyol
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...rsenal-for-not
Fair enough. I actually vaguely remember reading Xavi's comments when they came out last year.

Still, it doesn't change my original statement about preferring to see United lose any day over Barcelona. Plus, those comments were both made over 6 months ago. Forgive me not holding onto them and remembering what Evra said around 2 weeks ago.
Old 2011-06-03, 05:29   Link #3153
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Holy crap, I remember Messi and Iniesta just talking about letting Fabregas come to Barca, but not Xavi and Puyol in that manner. I agree that's pretty damn disrespectful..

Thing is, I'm sure Cesc knew after wining the World Cup with Spain in a Barca midfield that he wouldn't get the start, as did the whole Barca midfield, so I don't understand why they wanted him so bad. I like Cesc as much as the next guy, but I'd rather see him play out a starting career at Arsenal than go to Barca and get stifled.

On the topic of Arsenal, "we need more big players"-Arsene Wenger. I mean fine you need a big defender(s), but Wenger seems(emphasis on seems) to think that's his only problem..
Old 2011-06-03, 09:28   Link #3154
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Holy crap, I remember Messi and Iniesta just talking about letting Fabregas come to Barca, but not Xavi and Puyol in that manner. I agree that's pretty damn disrespectful..

Thing is, I'm sure Cesc knew after wining the World Cup with Spain in a Barca midfield that he wouldn't get the start, as did the whole Barca midfield, so I don't understand why they wanted him so bad. I like Cesc as much as the next guy, but I'd rather see him play out a starting career at Arsenal than go to Barca and get stifled.

On the topic of Arsenal, "we need more big players"-Arsene Wenger. I mean fine you need a big defender(s), but Wenger seems(emphasis on seems) to think that's his only problem..
Did he mean "big" just in terms of size? Because Arsenal really need some experienced vets. Players like Song, Diaby, Chamkah and Bendtner are too inconsistent to rely on.
Old 2011-06-03, 20:13   Link #3155
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Did he mean "big" just in terms of size? Because Arsenal really need some experienced vets. Players like Song, Diaby, Chamkah and Bendtner are too inconsistent to rely on.
Yep, he meant only in size. Here's a quote:
Wenger agrees that this needs to be addressed. He said: “We conceded very few goals from open play, most of them were from set-pieces in a way you don’t want to concede goals,” .

“It’s something that’s easy to correct. We need to improve the size of our squad – we need a bigger variety in the height of our players.

“We need to be more capable of fighting against some characteristics than we have been this season.”

Source: http://justarsenal.com/wenger-we-nee...et-pieces/8224

It seems that everyone except Wenger realises(or maybe he doesn't care) that he needs an experienced leader in defence and midfield(mostly defence). Wenger has an exceptional eye for young talent but the squad needs to be balanced, and I'm saying nothing new. My sentiments are but an echo of many, many critics' assertions over the last couple years.

Unfortunately, Wenger won't be fired, because he does so well for Arsenal financially, getting great young players cheap and when they get frustrated and leave, they get a great price for them. Plus the framework is pretty much built around Wenger himself, so no matter how much BS he does it'll be tolerated. I don't think I'm being too harsh either, they should've had a league title in the bag recently.
Old 2011-06-03, 22:23   Link #3156
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Yep, he meant only in size. Here's a quote:
Wenger agrees that this needs to be addressed. He said: “We conceded very few goals from open play, most of them were from set-pieces in a way you don’t want to concede goals,” .

“It’s something that’s easy to correct. We need to improve the size of our squad – we need a bigger variety in the height of our players.

“We need to be more capable of fighting against some characteristics than we have been this season.”

Source: http://justarsenal.com/wenger-we-nee...et-pieces/8224

It seems that everyone except Wenger realises(or maybe he doesn't care) that he needs an experienced leader in defence and midfield(mostly defence). Wenger has an exceptional eye for young talent but the squad needs to be balanced, and I'm saying nothing new. My sentiments are but an echo of many, many critics' assertions over the last couple years.

Unfortunately, Wenger won't be fired, because he does so well for Arsenal financially, getting great young players cheap and when they get frustrated and leave, they get a great price for them. Plus the framework is pretty much built around Wenger himself, so no matter how much BS he does it'll be tolerated. I don't think I'm being too harsh either, they should've had a league title in the bag recently.
Agreed for the most part. The title drought should have definitely ended this year.

From those comments, at least Wengers sounds like he'll finally be aggressive in the transfer period.

Up until now, I think Wenger is just stubborn. When key players from "The Invincibles" team started to leave, the future still looked bright because of the young talent was being compiled or already waiting for their opportunity. Some have progressed nicely while others haven't. There are a few that emerged this year and could be future cornerstones. Regardless, Wenger should have looked to supplement the youth with veteran leadership like you said several years ago.

We've seen the odd signing but not enough have been made in my opinion. I'm praying that finally changes.
Old 2011-06-29, 04:43   Link #3157
Mentar
Banned

Noone following the women's world cup?

Surprises me a bit, especially since the US is fielding a top-rate team and just won their first game.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:40   Link #3158
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I wasn't, but after seeing those spectacular goal in that Mexico vs England game yesterday, I'm tuned IN.

Tactical move by Germany's squad to pose in playboy lol. But DAMN DID IT WORK
I like Mexico so far though.

I would talk about the U-17 WC but I don't think anyone cares lol..
Old 2011-06-30, 08:56   Link #3159
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I wasn't, but after seeing those spectacular goal in that Mexico vs England game yesterday, I'm tuned IN.

Tactical move by Germany's squad to pose in playboy lol. But DAMN DID IT WORK
I like Mexico so far though.

I would talk about the U-17 WC but I don't think anyone cares lol..
I just checked out the cover. Very nice...
Old 2011-07-01, 07:56   Link #3160
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I just checked out the cover. Very nice...
O_o

Here's more than merely the cover... NSFW

I didn't even know, before cloak_and_dagger mentioned it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer