AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-07-24, 12:16   Link #941
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
It was wonderful to see all the old players back wearing the red and white shirts, from David Seaman to Ian Wright.
The main highlight for me was Klaas Jan Huntelaar scoring the first ever goal at the Emirates Stadium. This guy is a talent to watch, a classy striker with brilliant vision and technique. He's still pretty much unknown at the moment, but mark my words, his time will come.
Old 2006-07-25, 09:37   Link #942
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
The main highlight for me was Klaas Jan Huntelaar scoring the first ever goal at the Emirates Stadium. This guy is a talent to watch, a classy striker with brilliant vision and technique. He's still pretty much unknown at the moment, but mark my words, his time will come.
Totally agree. I started to notice Hunterlaar when watching last season's Champions League highlights on Ajax games, he was simply impressive. If he were a bit older, he would have been picked for the World Cup, but he has time.

BTW, a big clap to Bergkamp, though you may be an Arsenal player, the Premiership has flourished thanks to foreigners like you. You will be missed.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 14:20   Link #943
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
The verdict's finally in.

Juventus - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 30 points. Serie A titles won in 2005 and 2006 will be stripped.

Fiorentina - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 12 points.

Lazio - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 7 points.

AC Milan - Remain in Seria A, but banished from all European competitions (Champions League as well as UEFA Cup) and start new season with minus 15 points.[/url]
The NEW Verdict:

Juventus: Relegated to Serie B. Serie A titles 2005 and 2006 stripped. New season (Serie B) : -17 points. 3 turns home court disqualify.

Fiorentina: -30 points in the last season. Remains in serie A, banned from Euro Cups. New season (Serie A): - 19 points . 3 turns home court disqualify.

Lazio: -30 points in the last season. Remains in serie A, banned from Euro Cups. New season (Serie A): - 11 points . 2 turns home court disqualify.

AC Milan: -30 points in the last season. Access to Champion's League allowed (through preliminaries). New Season (Serie A) : -8 points . 1 or 2 turns home court disqualify.

And so, very consistent changes have been made.
Old 2006-07-27, 08:27   Link #944
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

(I could've sworn I posted this post last night, but after clicking "submit", ASuki forums won't load for me, so it probably got lost)

Can't believe AC Milan got let through lightly, but they still have to get UEFA's blessings. Right now UEFA are meeting to discuss whether to let them in. Kind of disappointed with this second verdict, Juve got given a "lifeline" at a swift return to Serie A, doesn't send a strong enough message to those that try to match-fix.
Old 2006-07-27, 10:39   Link #945
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

The 2005/06 Serie A title has now been awarded to Inter. How ridiculous is that?

In other news, Liverpool have signed another bad boy in Jermaine Pennant. I'm not too thrilled by that, but at least there won't be a lack of service for Crouchy. Pennant crossed the ball 497 times last season, the most by any player in the Premiership.
Old 2006-07-27, 11:25   Link #946
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
The 2005/06 Serie A title has now been awarded to Inter. How ridiculous is that?
Kinda.
But they decided accordingly with the rules. If a title is revoked and the final ranking untouched, as it was for 2004/05, then it remains unassigned. But if a ranking is modified by judges (penalizations, declassments etc.), then the new awards (Euro Cups access, title, relegations) have to be given by watching the new rank.

With Juventus relegated and Milan with 30 points deducted, the new ranking was: 1.Inter (76) 2. Roma (69) 3. Milan (88-30=58) 4. Chievo (54)

Fiorentina 74-30 went to 44 , Lazio 62-30 went to 32.

Besides also Uefa pushed on that, saying "We'd rather have in Champion's League the first four team of italian league, instead than having third, fourth, fifth and sixth.
Otherwise we may prefere to pick up the fourth team of French League (which has 3 places reserved), instead of the sixth of italian league".

As for Milan, Uefa will now do further "ethical investigations" and will decide whether they'll be joining the CL or not, decision will be communicated on august 2nd.
Meanwhile Milan will be regularly inserted in the incoming draw.

On a curious side note, Chievo will be partecipating at Champion's League preliminaries. Chievo is a small town near Verona , counting about 2,500 inhabitants.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-07-27 at 11:41.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:26   Link #947
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Id=440121.html

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Draw is up

Oh boy, must Liverpool really travel to Israel when it's so "unstable" there right now? (No offence to any Israelis here. ) I remember the Reds playing Maccabi Haifa before in the same stage in the 2001/2002 Champions League before, but things were slightly more peaceful then.
Old 2006-08-02, 10:06   Link #948
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Inter signed Patrick Vieira (9,5 millions Euro) from Juventus. 4 year contract.
He'll be substituting Juan Sebastian Veron, who returned in Argentina.
Next Inter's goal should be Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has said he doesn't want to remain in Juventus, in serie B.

Milan has been admitted on Champion's League, via heavy warning, by Uefa.
Rumors said they have 100 millions Euro ready to try convincing Barcelona to sell their "king", Ronaldinho. Eventually, Kaką may be used as a trading item.

It's true that Milan has sold Shevchenko (50 Millions) , hasn't bought any "big player" in replacement yet and has a lot of money to hand, but I claim this affair as very very tough to realize.
Old 2006-08-02, 17:44   Link #949
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Im so hyped for the Champions League, it's going to be much bigger and cooler than last time.
________
Weed Vaporizers

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:23.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:02   Link #950
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Wow, the Arsenal vs. Zagreb was intense.... 3-0 to Arsenal, great way to kick things off, two goals from Fabregas and one from Persie....

With the absence of Henry, Ljungberg, Cole, and even Lehmann, they still managed to give results. I look forward to seeing them in more games!
________
Mercedes-Benz R129 History

Old 2006-08-13, 10:57   Link #951
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

2006 Community Shield

Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelski

Yo, Jose "Bloody Special One" Morinho (Was tempted to use the F-word), the pressure's on you. Liverpool can afford to rest Gerrard and Alonso for 60 mins and still beat your so-called "50% team" consisting of Shevchenko and Ballack. If you're talking about dented confidence before the Premiership begins, joke's on you. Keep up with your pathetic mind games, it may work on Wenger or Ferguson, but not on Benitez.
Old 2006-08-16, 11:08   Link #952
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
2006 Community Shield

Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelski
The Community Shield result is pretty much meaningless although a trophy is still a trophy. Liverpool were obviously the sharper team having already played 6 matches beforehand compared to only 3 for Chelsea. I don't think Crouch would have been left unmarked had the match been played after the start of the Premiership. Anyway, 3 more days till the start of the new EPL season...
Old 2006-08-16, 13:51   Link #953
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

5 min left till the England vs Greece friendly, Steve Mclaren's first game as coach and John Terry as captain, lets see how things go

Match Live: 4-0 already to England...

Defoe is really making some difference, and great strategy from McLaren
________
CLOUDY TRICHOMES

Old 2006-08-16, 17:24   Link #954
AdzPearson
Pepsiholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun

Defoe is really making some difference, and great strategy from McLaren
Yeah, I agree. Defoe really tried his best tonight. I hope he gets played in the next game.

Overall, great performance from England. All they need to do now is keep it up when the Euro 2008 qualifiers come around.

I only wish Lennon had more of a game...
AdzPearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 10:18   Link #955
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

I hope they get more friendlies with other countries, and no offence to any Greek people here, but Greece didnt play that well. I want to see England face a more stronger side, like Germany or even have a little rematch with Portugal.
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL

Old 2006-08-17, 11:59   Link #956
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I wouldn't get too excited by England's 4-0 win over Greece. Although the team performed well, you can't deny that the greeks were a very poor side. Also, in terms of team selection, Sven would have probably had a similar squad. The bottom line is England still have much to prove.

In other news, Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored 2 goals on his debut and virtually pulled all the strings in Holland's 4-0 demolition of Ireland.
Old 2006-08-20, 03:03   Link #957
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Both Arsenal and Liverpool didn't get the best of starts yesterday, both games ending with draws. Gives Man U and Chelski the chance to get an early (2 pt. ) lead.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 04:39   Link #958
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu-Odjn
Both Arsenal and Liverpool didn't get the best of starts yesterday, both games ending with draws. Gives Man U and Chelski the chance to get an early (2 pt. ) lead.
Chi chi bang bang!

And I was reading comments about how THIS is going to be Liverpool's season, and people were all the more convinced with the Chelsea CShield game. But they were really quite poor today -- granted, Alonso and Finnan weren't playing, while Risse and Carragher limped off injured (), but today's side was horrible. Replays also showed no contact for Gerrard's penalty; he lost his balance and that's that.

I hope Chelski get confused with their new midfield configuration But unfortunately, as an MU fan.. I have to say we only have half a good midfield. Gah. We watch tomorrow!
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 09:06   Link #959
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Chi chi bang bang!

And I was reading comments about how THIS is going to be Liverpool's season, and people were all the more convinced with the Chelsea CShield game. But they were really quite poor today -- granted, Alonso and Finnan weren't playing, while Risse and Carragher limped off injured (), but today's side was horrible. Replays also showed no contact for Gerrard's penalty; he lost his balance and that's that.

I hope Chelski get confused with their new midfield configuration But unfortunately, as an MU fan.. I have to say we only have half a good midfield. Gah. We watch tomorrow!
To play so many games in such a short period so early on, not to mention the international friendly "distraction" sure took a toll on the Reds. And unlike United and Chelski, who faced mid-table sides at home, Liverpool had to play Sheffield United, an eager newly promoted side away.

Usually these promoted sides go all out early in the season before they get hit by the brutal reality that is the Premiership a month or two later, very rarely can they do a Wigan, but Sheffield United is definitely no Sunderland. Not to mention Benitez had the Champions League qualifier in mind.

So in the end losing those two points for the short term was worth it financially for the long term. I'm so relieved Liverpool qualify for the Champions League now and am awaiting for the draw two hours from now.

Once again Middlesbrough prove to be one of the bogey teams for Chelski, even after Sheva scored early, Boro still managed two late goals to claim another famous victory.

As for the Champions League qualifiers, the biggest shock has to be Ajax losing, at home even when they have a first leg aggregate lead. Ajax finished fifth in the league, and only got in because the Dutch league changed the format for the second CL spot into a playoff, otherwise, AZ Alkmaar would have played.

Guess Ajax can't get what they don't deserve, league position wise, that is. (No disrespect to Ajax fans, I myself am saddened to know that Huntelaar won't be in the CL this season. )

The same can be said of Chievo of Italy, they were only in the CL qualifiers because of the match-fixing scandal that banished Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina out of Europe. Now they're back in the UEFA cup again, which can't be too bad as they had been aiming to go there before being suddenly finding themselves in the CL qualifiers.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:12   Link #960
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for Champions League 2006/2007 Draw:

Chelski once again has to face Barca, and this time they have to negotiate with Werder Bremen's all attacking flair as well. Group A's going to be interesting. Credit to Levski for just being part of this company, no disrespect intended to them.

Most of the groups look interesting on paper, I'd say AC Milan got let off the hook most. Those lucky bastards.

Tags
football, soccer