AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 11:05   Link #121
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yes, I specifically remember a lot of Bleach characters nominated, such as Ichigo.
Old 2009-12-17, 12:33   Link #122
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I call upon the banhammer for whoever nominates male characters.
Old 2009-12-17, 15:12   Link #123
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
lolol @ the nominations of male characters.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-17, 20:59   Link #124
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
whats going to be the deal with Natsuru Senou from Kampfer this year? he is a guy that can transform into a girl.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:38   Link #125
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Considering he was in one of the bonus exhibition matches, you can bet he she can be nominated.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:41   Link #126
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
whats going to be the deal with Natsuru Senou from Kampfer this year? he is a guy that can transform into a girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISML Tentative Rules
1. The character must not be male.
The fact that the ISML staff decided that it was more important for a competitor to not be male than for a competitor to be female. I would guess that he wouldn't be eligible. He turns into a girl so his base form is male.
Edit: I guessed wrong I guess.

Now looking over the rules it seems you don't have a no non-humanoid rule yet. I think I read somewhere that animals weren't eligible.
(I remember thinking that my Nidoran female research was completely worthless. But I had fun so that's what matters)

Quote:
Right now I will assure you that Mio Akiyama will make it into the prelims. There is a 100% possibility, not even a chance of error. If you want to know why, then you will have to try and convince Juice to finish the ISML 2010 rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISML Tentative Rules
4. After this process, any unfilled slots from 122 to 126 will become "wildcard slots" and will be awarded to characters determined by the Staff.
I'm guessing this is why Mio Akiyama will make it into the prelims?
Old 2009-12-17, 23:40   Link #127
Eater of All
NOM

You can just slap a Don't vote for characters already eligible / male characters in the nomination page or something. Anything beyond that, their loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
...don't have a no non-humanoid...
Y U DO DIS
Old 2009-12-18, 17:40   Link #128
MindSaberV2

hearing the episode 11 ending of Seitokai no Ichizon wants me to nominate Sakurano Kurimu
Old 2009-12-18, 19:44   Link #129
hinakatbklyn

I would say Kurimu is one of the safe bets in getting nominated (although I saw the potential back in episode 2 or 3).

Mafuyu may be the other safe bet from this series, but with help from episode 6, my other choice here would be minatsu.

(Add) As far as nominating characters that don't belong, if I think a character is not only important but moe as well in a particular series, I would make the nomination anyway. Whether it's accepted or not remains to be seen. So far 9 of my 10 current choices to this point have no problem being accepted for nomination.

Siron (Book of bantorra) may not be nominated, but I should at least give her some credit for at least getting some screentime early on in the series and have some impact in the specific arc. But will half of 2 or 3 episodes be enough for consideration.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2009-12-21 at 11:07.
Old 2009-12-20, 05:45   Link #130
Team Rocket Elite

Raging Heart (Nanoha)
Dango (Clannad)
Nirvash Type Zero (Eureka 7)
Charla (Pokemon)
Maria (Pokemon)
Dawn's Buneary (Pokemon)
Gary's Nidoqueen (Pokemon)
Santa's Jynx (Pokemon)
Jessie's childhood friend Blissey (Pokemon)
Tommy's foster parent Kangaskhan (Pokemon)

So I can really submit nominations like that? If you're allowing these characters because you think they won't be able to gain enough nominations, you might want to rethink your policy.

"Eligibility for the Preliminary Period (and subsequently the Regular Season and Postseason) requires one additional condition of the character's appearance in a full-length animation commercially published or released in Japanese media (television, theatre, Internet-exclusive videos, and video discs)."

How does that affect Reimu, the other 4 Touhou characters from last year and the other Touhou characters that appeared in the fan made Touhou anime? How about the Touhou characters from the fanmade anime Soundholic made a while back?
Old 2009-12-20, 12:52   Link #131
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

1) Rules are already changed so everything except Jynx will be thrown out. They're just not updated.

2) The Technical Staff will determine eligibility. What you also don't know is that the Rules have been changed to Constitution and Charter. Thus, eligibility is now guidelines.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-12-20 at 13:10.
Old 2009-12-20, 14:15   Link #132
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

A clause regarding humanoids and anthropomorphism will be added to the next update.

I understand that all the legal wording we're trying to craft has limitations. Because of the limitless ways anime characters can appear or be presented, our guidelines would become upsettingly long to qualify or disqualify everyone.

I hope that our community understands the need to be sensible about participating in ISML and choosing characters they really feel are moe and deserve to win -- not simply trying to undermine our guidelines and place everybody in a difficult situation. Enough of the latter occurs in real life politics and government, and that kind of stress is not something this tournament needs or wants.

We're here to have fun (both the community AND the staff). The campaigning, the raging, the fagging, and the despair are all part of the fun. As organizers, our job is also to make sure things are done as correctly, properly, and efficiently as possible. But it should not come at expense of the fun. The ISML Staff will do everything in their ability to preserve and maintain this balance. There will be times when we have to make judgment calls to disqualify some characters while accepting others. That may disappoint some people, but those decisions are made for the greater good of the tournament as a whole. It's the only way we can more forward.

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread so far, for helping us to check our progress and to be as accurate as possible as we prepare for the 2010 season. Thank you for your dedication to ISML.
Old 2009-12-23, 12:10   Link #133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think I voiced my thoughts on who to nominate in the other thread. I might repost them soon in this thread when I can and or update it a little.

Mio for sure. I won't deny Rena a chance to take Mio home.

On a side note it might be handy to not have the "Do not Nominate these Girls" post covered by a spoiler. Let it out in the open. Some handhelds for example cannot open spoiler tags.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:38   Link #134
hinakatbklyn

I better bring this up because if this is what I think it is, the worse case scenario is a major character may not even make ISML 2010.

An update was made to the characters who are already in the tournament or preliminaries. (Refer to the actual ISML site as of today) They don't include the characters from the relegation tournament. While it's been 2 or 3 years since kanon was on TV and I don't have any of the characters pre nominated, the character I want to see in the tournament Misaka Mikoto was part of the relegation tournament.

Confirm or deny if I would need to re nominate Mikoto, or is she still in the preliminaries.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2009-12-24 at 20:33. Reason: Where I found the update
Old 2009-12-24, 19:57   Link #135
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Do NOT Nominate:
Spoiler for characters already qualified:
How did I find out? I read the first post of this thread and there it was.
Old 2009-12-24, 23:12   Link #136
Team Rocket Elite

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f....php?f=6&t=412

*As Per the ISML Constitution, This Section is removed*
-via ISML 2009 Relegation:
Kawasumi Mai (KN)
Kurata Sayuri (KN)
Misaka Mikoto (TAMI)
Tsukimiya Ayu (KN)

It's in red so it must be true. Not that it matters anymore, but I just noticed that Reimu was removed from the list. I wonder if she's even allowed in anymore.
Old 2009-12-25, 03:23   Link #137
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Reimu was never supposed to be on the list, because she placed 6th and not 5th in relegation. But we've decided to get rid of relegation eligibility anyways. Now we'll have to nominate Mikoto, yes.

Fantasy, anyone?

Old 2009-12-25, 04:04   Link #138
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

I apologize for the late response. There were lots of site updates today, and I wasn't able to get a news entry posted until just now.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/n...-site-updates/

@hinakatbklyn: As KholdStare stated, yes, Mikoto (along with Ayu, Mai, and Sayuri) now has to be nominated in order to have a chance to get into Prelims.

Reimu and company are ineligible for Prelims and beyond after our latest revision of the Constitution. Touhou characters may still appear in Exhibition, though.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas; it's the final stretch for getting the site ready for ISML 2010, and we are nearly there.
Old 2009-12-25, 04:21   Link #139
Team Rocket Elite

Ah, my mistake. I should have double checked what the result was.

For Fantasy:

Saki characters will be weak. Illya is way out of Mikoto's league. Ui is still a minor character and I think Reimu still has enough power to take the win. Suiseseki stomps Shinobu. Even if Rozen Maiden took a dive in Double Elimination, Suiseseki is way stronger than any Love Hina character.
Old 2009-12-25, 06:22   Link #140
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Reimu was never supposed to be on the list, because she placed 6th and not 5th in relegation. But we've decided to get rid of relegation eligibility anyways. Now we'll have to nominate Mikoto, yes.

Fantasy, anyone?

#1 If you want to know my preference, it would be Mihoko / Ui / Shinobu . If you meant I predicting the results with ISML voters it would be

Mihoko 55 - Illyasviel 45 : I believe Mihoko had better numbers in KBM and Saimoe compared to numbers Illysviel had in the past.

Reimu 48 - Ui 52 : Reimu is strong, but K-ON 's continued popularity can't be ignored, and enthusiasm for Reimu seems to be fading. Unless Touhou fans mount well organized campaign, Ui has the edge.

Suiseiseki 71 - Shinobu 29 : Never, ever, under no circumstances count out the doll who ruled 2006. Suiseiseki, along with Shana are the two candidates that has potential to beat any other character in any moe tournaments. Even though the recent events casts doubts about her past victories, she had to have other things in order to compile moe tournament records that is rivaled only by Shana and Hinagiku. If we get more than 5000 voters, I will revise my prediction to even more lopsided victory for Suiseiseki, something like 75 - 25 or even better, worse if you are Shinobu fan.

#2 I'm in despair as I have no idea what I should do about Misaka Mikoto, and, and, Sayuri

#3 : These are the character I expect to make it to prelim if everyone voted by personal preference without thinking about their chances. In approximate order of strength

1. Akiyama Mio
2. Senjougahara Hitagi
3. Misaka Mikoto
4. Kotobuki Tsumugi
5. Sengoku Nadeko
6. Hanegawa Tsubasa
7. Sakurano Kurimu
8. Akaba Chizuru
9. Shiina Mafuyu
10. Achakura Ryoko ( and no, that was not a typo )
11. Miyanaga Saki
12. Alice
13. Echo
14. Hoshina utau
15. Ayanami Rei
16. Winry Rockbell
17. Riza Hawkeye
18. Beatrice
29. Kikyou
20. Arashiyama Sayoko

Yes, certain series dominates the upper half of the list, but it is because those series just has overwhelming recognition value among ISML voters.

#4. K-ON episode 14 leaked via Korean Cable TV broadcast before its scheduled release in DVD next month. I have no idea what will happen to the DVD special in next month, but do know that K-ON will now be eligible for Korean Best Moe Tournament 2010. As for Saimoe, again I have no idea. All we need now is the Rozen Maiden series to make all the next year's moe tournaments be like All-Star game of Moe.

Last edited by wontaek; 2009-12-25 at 17:06.
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting