AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-23, 11:20   Link #1
Nikki_4everLover

Haku's Potential

He apparently has the same potential as both Naruto and Sasuke.

If he had lived and progressed from the Zabuza Arc and passed the timeskip, where do you think he'd be in terms of ability and power?
Nikki_4everLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 11:22   Link #2
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

The strongest guys after Naruto and Sasuke among the former Konoha genin are Neji, Lee and Shikamaru and maybe Shino just in terms of abillity. I'd say he'd be around them as well.

Last edited by That Other Ninja; 2007-07-23 at 11:45.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 11:40   Link #3
yungz21

he probably would have helped during the sasuke retrieval
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:08   Link #4
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

I would say that he would be pretty powerful, definitly up there with Neji and Lee.
EphiamOricuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:49   Link #5
cheese4u
da big boss

Agreed, though evidently Neji is a good bit stronger than Haku. When Naruto transformed the first time, the fight between him and Haku wasn't even close. When he fought Neji his regular strenght was already considerably greater, not to mention when he used the Kyuubi's chakra during the fight he said that the chakra was even greater than the first time he transformed. And all things considered Neji actually defeated the transformation, but lost to Naruto's trickiness.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:57   Link #6
Nikki_4everLover

Just FYI like I said in my first post, the databook, if it is canon I do not know, has him listed with the same potential as Naruto and Sasuke.

Also at the age of 15, he performed a one-handed seal, had learned everything Zabuza, a Jounin, could teach him, was able to analyze and figure a counter for the Sharingan after seeing it once (and was said he could see anything once and devise a counter to it) and so-forth.
Old 2007-07-23, 14:00   Link #7
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

Yeah, Haku was pretty awsome. Definitly a favorite. Too bad he had to die so early, though. Once Orochimaru goes I'll be all out of characters =(
EphiamOricuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:10   Link #8
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I think he'd be mediocre to slightly above average.

Look I like haku, he showed a lot of potential and gusto and smarts, but here's the issue. The really really great nins have these abilities that literally break the rules. The sharingan, naruto's insane chakra, etc. If they don't have an insane rule breaking ability, they have to be exceptionally smart to compensate (ie deidara or shikamaru).

A ninja is basically limited to be a certain level from the day he is born. Lee can train as hard as he wants, but he'll never be better than naruto. Naruto doesn't have to play by the rules. Lee does. Nins who are limited by rules end up being average. Nins who break rules end up being great.

Haku would probably end up being similar to yamato in rank and skill level if he got to live that long.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 15:03   Link #9
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

He probably would have....oh wait he's dead.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 15:55   Link #10
Nikki_4everLover

Yes. But that's irrelevant to the thread. So...would you like to actually post or just keep spamming?
Old 2007-07-23, 17:23   Link #11
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Something of relevance:

If he had lived passed that he probably would have died.(in the end it will have to happen eventually :P)
Old 2007-07-23, 17:37   Link #12
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Something of relevance:

If he had lived passed that he probably would have died.(in the end it will have to happen eventually :P)
And why is that? Why would he have "probably" died?
Old 2007-07-23, 17:58   Link #13
KyuubiRocks
What?!

He'd totally kick ass..Being able to manipulate ice, Thats one really cool jutsu...
He would have been one of the elite ninjas..
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:13   Link #14
quater
Kazekage Q

To be Honest I think he would be dead. I never really liked him but look he got beat by Sasuke And Naruto before they even got to their greatest potential and he was already a bit of a deal older.
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:22   Link #15
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by quater View Post
To be Honest I think he would be dead. I never really liked him but look he got beat by Sasuke And Naruto before they even got to their greatest potential and he was already a bit of a deal older.
Uh he was beat by Naruto in a raging Kyuubi fit, Sasuke would've died vs Haku but Haku intentionally misses his vital points during their last encounter. If Naruto hadn't gone insane and Kyuubi took over, he would've died too. You make it sound as if they bested him fairly easily, which was not the case at all. He just got punched in the face severely but still got up afterwards and had enough energy to quickly put himself in harm's way getting himself killed. And were he still alive, he'd be improving himself just as well. That applies to others who have died like Kimimaro.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:29   Link #16
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
And why is that? Why would he have "probably" died?
Just because it depends on the scenario of how he lives past it. Speculation about this has little point.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kakashi wouldn't have let him live past that day anyway, no matter what circumstances, even if Zabuza had died....and Haku had no reason to be "a bad guy?".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Haku apparently had no potential if he ended up getting killed Despite him having loyalty.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:32   Link #17
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Just because it depends on the scenario of how he lives past it. Speculation about this has little point.

Kakashi wouldn't have let him live past that day anyway, no matter what circumstances, even if Zabuza had died....and Haku had no reason to be "a bad guy?".

Haku apparently had no potential if he ended up getting killed Despite him having loyalty.
You're missing the point of a hypothetical. Why you're even posting in this thread I don't know.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:33   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I have to agree. He would have died anyway, just in a different time/place. His only real reason for being was to serve Zabuza. Other than that, he was just another minor character, with no real importance, other than being an imposter hunter-nin.

I mean, if he could get beaten be a couple of genin, then there's no way he would be anywhere near the level of the others.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:39   Link #19
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

/sigh

"Couple of genin"... you say it in passing like some random ninja took him out. He killed himself before being truly defeated and again, could have easily killed Sasuke. By your statements one can easily say Sasuke was beaten by a lowly genin in the form of Rock Lee when they first fought who kicked his ass. But look at where Sasuke is now?

Disappointing perspectives, the both of you.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:49   Link #20
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Agreed, though evidently Neji is a good bit stronger than Haku. When Naruto transformed the first time, the fight between him and Haku wasn't even close. When he fought Neji his regular strenght was already considerably greater, not to mention when he used the Kyuubi's chakra during the fight he said that the chakra was even greater than the first time he transformed. And all things considered Neji actually defeated the transformation, but lost to Naruto's trickiness.
You´re forgetting that the fight with Neji was quite a few months after the one with Haku. At that time of the Zabuza arc, Neji propably would had lost to Naruto, too. The chuunin exam made the genins a good bit stronger...Haku couldn´t take part at the chuunin exam, just like he never had a "real" ninja apprenticeship unlike any other Konoha genins including Naruto an Neji.