AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 51 49.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.97%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-01, 07:21   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yeah, Accelerator is pretty cool, but I'm more interested in Miss I-got-a-crucifix-hanging-from-my-tongue. With such a uniquely awesome design, she better do something fantastic soon.
What? You mean single-handedly plunging Academy City into it's greatest crisis wasn't enough ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 07:33   Link #102
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What? You mean single-handedly plunging Academy City into it's greatest crisis wasn't enough ?
Well, yeah, there's that

But I want to see her kick some ass in a good fight. Her battle with Touma was cut short, and we didn't get to see much of her (hopefully awesome) arsenal, I felt.

I just hope she turns out to be a good villain, and not a throw-away plot device.
Old 2011-03-01, 07:44   Link #103
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

The suspense is killing me. I can't believe Touma and Accelerator have not met again since their fight. I wanna see what expression Accelerator has on his face when he finds out the one helping him is the same guy who knocked him off at the strongest esper.
w00t!
TheInfinityZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 08:31   Link #104
eiyuu99

Let me guess, "Angry" or a variation of such.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 10:00   Link #105
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Let me guess, "Angry" or a variation of such.
not much different from the usual Accelerator, huh?
Old 2011-03-01, 12:49   Link #106
eiyuu99

Unless someone wants to do a parody... like the "Accelerator vs Kihara" pic Wilfriback posted.
Old 2011-03-01, 23:20   Link #107
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Well, yeah, there's that

But I want to see her kick some ass in a good fight. Her battle with Touma was cut short, and we didn't get to see much of her (hopefully awesome) arsenal, I felt.

I just hope she turns out to be a good villain, and not a throw-away plot device.
For some reason I feel she will not turn out that way... so far I feel she evil to the bone.
Old 2011-03-02, 06:14   Link #108
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Well, yeah, there's that

Spoiler for Vento of the Front:

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com..._in_the_novels
Old 2011-03-02, 06:37   Link #109
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
For some reason I feel she will not turn out that way... so far I feel she evil to the bone.
well, she's not really evil, just very very very very screwed up...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:17   Link #110
Candyshark

Seeing how crazy Accelerator is I really wish there were espers who could put him in the place or at least make him cautious. Don't get me wrong really love action from his side. No preaching, questionable ideals and motivations. Can somebody really stop him with his "I-don't-give-a-flying-about-anything-else-but-my-loli" attitude?

Hopefully things will be resolving around Accelerator in next episodes and Vento menance gains on magnitude so far she looks like an another magic using rascal. Hope it won't become running gag of the show Touma puncing girls.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:29   Link #111
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Can somebody really stop him with his "I-don't-give-a-flying-about-anything-else-but-my-loli" attitude?
No

well, he actually does turn into a typical anti-hero, though...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:31   Link #112
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Seeing how crazy Accelerator is I really wish there were espers who could put him in the place or at least make him cautious. Don't get me wrong really love action from his side. No preaching, questionable ideals and motivations. Can somebody really stop him with his "I-don't-give-a-flying-about-anything-else-but-my-loli" attitude?

Hopefully things will be resolving around Accelerator in next episodes and Vento menance gains on magnitude so far she looks like an another magic using rascal. Hope it won't become running gag of the show Touma puncing girls.
u know if u actually go over it the score between both genders punched by touma is like this

Males
stiyl
unabara
izzard
accelerator
ouma
biaggio

Females.
sherry
oriana
agnese

did i miss any
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:06   Link #113
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:

You have to take into account that the Hound Dogs were trying to kill him and kidnap Last Order (and he knew that she probably wouldn't be able to come back if she was plunged into the darkness of Academy City once more). He will show no mercy. It's like Lelouch once said, "Those who shoot must be prepared to get shot."

Accelerator actually was very cautious. He took into account the characteristics of the place and noted that he couldn't use his powers there due to large electromagnetic interference in the building. He saved his battery for the final fight, broke up the formation of the Hound Dogs by using paranoia and hacking into their radio transmissions, and finished them off one by one without using his powers. The main reason he was in the building in the first place was to find a detergent that would shake him off from the scent detectors so that the Hound Dogs couldn't track him as he planned out what to do next.

He doesn't have a "I-don't-give-a-flying-about-anything-else-but-my-loli" attitude. It's not like he suddenly blew up the building without regard for anyone else or anything. The anime didn't show it, but he finished off the troop that was after Index and the traitor Hound Dog as well. However, Last Order is in danger now and it is his first priority to keep her safe.
Old 2011-03-02, 19:58   Link #114
Candyshark

@I_am_Kami
This seasons seems very girls heavy in this regard. But thanks for pointing out.

@yukirosuzuka
I ment being cautious of other espers. Since he didn't really fight anyone of his caliber. Misaka's power just pales in comparision to his. But thanks to your explanation i may not see him as bloodthirsty as before.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 20:02   Link #115
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
But thanks to your explanation i may not see him as bloodthirsty as before.
Yeah, that deserves some emphasis, during the experiments he played the "hunting game" with the clones, run away or I'll kill you will trashing them verbally and/or phisically. This time with HD he went directly to kill them and not lose time playing like an idiot wasting his limited time to use his power..
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 20:13   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You might say that having a limitation actually made Accelerator a more dangerous person.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 20:37   Link #117
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You might say that having a limitation actually made Accelerator a more dangerous person.
Seriously. Handicapped Accelerator + shotgun > pre-brain damage Accelerator.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 04:29   Link #118
eiyuu99

Although a limitation makes him much weaker, it doesn't mean most of his opponents (eg Awaki) get any stronger.

Accelerator is improving on psychological and terrain tactics.
It makes him more dangerous and more difficult to predict when or where he strikes.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:10   Link #119
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yeah, that deserves some emphasis, during the experiments he played the "hunting game" with the clones, run away or I'll kill you will trashing them verbally and/or phisically. This time with HD he went directly to kill them and not lose time playing like an idiot wasting his limited time to use his power..
That still doesn't mean he's not a bloodthirsty bastard. Only that he didn't have time to dick around.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:24   Link #120
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That still doesn't mean he's not a bloodthirsty bastard. Only that he didn't have time to dick around.
He could

1) killed last order.

2) keep his power

3) continue to kill people

But he didn't, so I think he is more than just a "bloodthirsty bastard". I think the persons that he kills now are real "bloodthirsty bastards" themselves, what's wrong in killing them?
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote