AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 03:32   Link #381
molitar

The ending felt like a cop out to me. Hate them endings.. Let's make it semi-happy with a glimpse of the future.. He has all that power and can't save her only put her to sleep once again. I hate them type endings.. and than a glimpse in the future with them when the world looks like it's been destroyed. Ending ruined the show for me.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 03:48   Link #382
Used Can

Hmm... what can I say? I think the anime started out well, and kept doing well until Nue's arc ended, but then they started with the whole deal about Ameri going emo, and then dragging the whole issue far too much. In addition to that, I think I was supposed to sympathise with Ameri, but I simply couldn't. She was simply annoying. There's such thing as getting your feelings hurt, but there's no excuse for being that much of an ass to those who are showing concern for you. That's was quite sad, because I really liked Ameri at the beginning.

Anyhow, Mashiro seemed awesome at the beginning, and so did Mifuyu, but at some point, both of them got shafted. Perhaps that's not a big issue for Mifuyu (although, it personally annoyed me), but Mashiro was the main female character.

In addition, after watching the final episode and having read relentlessflame's comments about the VN ending, I'm wondering why would the studio would have changed the way the story ends. In the VN it makes sense, whereas in the anime it's almost impossible to understand.

In the end, despite how much I've criticised certain aspects of the anime, I've got to say it was fun overall, and I was able to enjoy it. I won't say it was particularly good, but it's not bad. I also cannot call it mediocre. I think I can say it was okay.
Old 2009-07-01, 04:25   Link #383
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

This anime was....disappointing.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:52   Link #384
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm... what can I say? I think the anime started out well, and kept doing well until Nue's arc ended, but then they started with the whole deal about Ameri going emo, and then dragging the whole issue far too much. In addition to that, I think I was supposed to sympathise with Ameri, but I simply couldn't. She was simply annoying. There's such thing as getting your feelings hurt, but there's no excuse for being that much of an ass to those who are showing concern for you. That's was quite sad, because I really liked Ameri at the beginning.

Anyhow, Mashiro seemed awesome at the beginning, and so did Mifuyu, but at some point, both of them got shafted. Perhaps that's not a big issue for Mifuyu (although, it personally annoyed me), but Mashiro was the main female character.
Yeah, I have to admit that I sort of feel the same way. I think I've said before that I struggled with sympathizing for Ameri in the game to begin with, so the net effect is that they basically dedicated the anime to one of my least favourite aspects of the game. And you're right that the net result is that they didn't focus as much on Mashiro or on Mifuyu as they otherwise could have.

About Mashiro in particular, I have sort of two opposing thoughts about it. On the one hand, it made it sort of awkward to have Yuuri transition into the wedding so suddenly because we never really got to see much of their romance being played out. That being said, even the anime itself acknowledged this, and it was a big part of what happened at the wedding (with Mashiro pointing out that they never had the chance to be normal lovers, go on dates, etc.). So this was one of those "you made your bed, now lie in it" scenarios.

But I guess here's the critical, but also rhetorical question:
Spoiler for Game Comparison, Episode 3:
Quote:
In addition, after watching the final episode and having read relentlessflame's comments about the VN ending, I'm wondering why would the studio would have changed the way the story ends. In the VN it makes sense, whereas in the anime it's almost impossible to understand.
I think it actually has to do with the above. Because they focused so much on Ameri and her unrequited love, it would have been too difficult to then transition directly to Mashiro's game ending while still having everyone else be happy. In particular...
Spoiler for Game Comparison, Episode 12:
Quote:
In the end, despite how much I've criticised certain aspects of the anime, I've got to say it was fun overall, and I was able to enjoy it. I won't say it was particularly good, but it's not bad. I also cannot call it mediocre. I think I can say it was okay.
Yeah, I hear you on this. When I think about this anime from a critical point of view, especially in relation to the game, I come up with a rather long list of things that I felt could have been done better. But, even so, I still have to admit that I enjoyed the anime. I think what they did right is that they really captured the personalities of all the characters quite well, including all of their trademark traits and quirks. And there was a certain fun in just seeing everyone animated, plus a lot of memorable moments throughout. Even though I wish they had done the plot differently, I still enjoyed the episodes, and that's what's more important to me personally. So yeah -- I could live with "okay" as well.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 16:42   Link #385
velvet nightmare

i don't get why the dragon dude just gave up on the spot

can someone explain
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:32   Link #386
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i don't get why the dragon dude just gave up on the spot

can someone explain
Well, because he needed Ameri's spiritual energy to give him power, since otherwise he was quite weak in this era. He was feeding on her jealousy, which is why he sort of stoked the flames in earlier episodes. But when Ameri finally gave up and accepted Yuuri's feelings, she wasn't giving the Dragon any spiritual energy anymore, so he couldn't keep fighting.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:34   Link #387
kittybear

Spoiler for 12:
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 15:43   Link #388
velvet
"with you, happiness"

The animation quality hurts.
It was fun though, sweet right till the end. ( minus the shouting game )
And the beauty of anime, where 12 episodes development, translate into ten thousand years of eternal love, or until heaven falls on earth?

One point, all the female VAs did a great job nevertheless.

Edit: Kizuna no Uta has won my heart for this season alone. Even better than K-on's and Pandora Hearts' in my book. Would love to hear more from Miyazaki Ui in the future.

Last edited by velvet; 2009-07-08 at 16:01.
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 16:45   Link #389
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well, I finished Tayutama, and I'll have to say I was entertained with no regrets. Sure, some of you old timers might remember I watch and enjoy anime regardless of what kind of ending they had, but this one was special.

First I'll tell the truth, I honestly was wanting more after it was all over. More Yumina-chan, more Mifuyu-chan. I'm a sucker for girls with pigtails but I wonder why I didn't have the hots for Ameri-chan... Yumina-chan was amusing though (I swear, I didn't have any lolitron thoughts about! )

Now, I have to voice out on the ending. As others (may) have noted, I feel things went a little too fast in one direction, or rather Ameri-chan's screen time left little room for a good conclusion. In contrast, Yumina-chan had only 2 episodes for her, oddly enough Mifuyu-chan only getting so much as small appearances here and there. Still, I enjoyed the series until that last episode, sometime 'round the middle to the end. Now I'm not saying I didn't like it, I just had that odd feeling I haven't felt in years, that kind of I-know-where-this-is-going kind of feeling. Sure, I didn't like how Mashiro had to go like that, but that's not the part that had me twist my neck. It was after the credits, that little scene with the world destruction thing that happened.

I started to chuckle. No really, I said "Huh? where have I seen this before?" I mean, I know that's the future right there, what with that Biker mice motorcycle and a guy and girl onboard, but that's not what had me smiling from ear to ear. Have any of you seen that trailer for Roland Emmerich's new movie, "2012"? That's right, the moment that scene played after the credits, I said "I know I seen this before. It looks like that maya calendar end of the world thing happened." Which I then proceeded to remember the destruction in that 2012 trailer. Check it out if you haven't, it's great stuff.

At the very end I thought something. That guy, after all the Agent-Aika-city-underwater stuff that happened, how does he manage to save a bike? A two seater motorcycle at that, either that purchase was pre-meditated, or this happened: human research showed us that in times of panic, we grab that which matters most to us. Women grab that jewelry box, and guys grab... what do we grab... an example, Jake Gylenhaal's family went on vacation one time, and the cabin they stayed in caught fire. His dad grabbed a suitcase and made a break for it. Much to his dismay it was emtpy, though.

I'll be honest here. My mind went a little like this: dragon guy went nuts and finally sank most of the world underwater. In his desperation, Yuuri grabbed the only thing that mattered to him; since Mashiro wasn't there, what was next in line? Might as well ride out the terror lol but then, if Mashiro, was there, the choice was simple: first you love motorcycles, then you fell in love with Mashiro. So, in dire times, just plop Mashiro atop the bike and ride away! Easy as pie

This of course, coming from someone who knew absolutely zilch of the game talk about turning ones distaste of an ending into a humorous moment...

So overall, I enjoy. And I then proceeded to think that maybe in the Tayutama world, somehow somewhere a LHC was activated, causing the world destruction Now I happily await for Nuetama, hoping to score a sight of an adult-bodied Nue even if it only exists in my dreams. I can dream, right? Tell me I can And, Episode 2's "8 relationships" scene is my favorite part of this whole series, followed by those 2 Yumina-chan episodes.

And nice to see you still kicking about, relentless. Last time I saw you you were still in the land of us norms, now I see you're a [moderator]? Makes me wonder what would've/could've/should've been had I managed to stick around in that 2 year absence
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 20:24   Link #390
novalisk

Another series where i can only rage in the beggining...
why they had to turn the loli adult? if it were in her "adult" form to begin with i had loved her but now i can only rage ><
no loli for me here too
novalisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 23:54   Link #391
Wrath88
Kissing...

Okay, after a month of slow playing, I finally finished Mifuyu's route in the game. And now I realize even more how crappy the anime was in presenting the actual story. Have to say though, Mifuyu was really neglected in the anime, apart from being Nue's partner.

And I also fast forwarded through Mashiro's route just to see the 'true' end, which was quite good. But all the anime did was show the stopping scene, and that's it. Whereas...
Spoiler for Mashiro's end:
Old 2009-09-28, 09:54   Link #392
[F]uero
~Moe Lover~

Send a message via MSN to [F]uero
Demand a 2nd season...
[F]uero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:02   Link #393
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Hi, i have a question does anybody know where can i get a list with songs used in the anime tayutama i seen and got almost all osts but i didn't see one for the anime, i'm particularly interested in the names of this songs (possible spoilers ahead):

See minute 03:29:

04:29:

i think it starts at 01:56 but the tune played starting with 02:50 is definitely what i'm interested in:

thank you in advance this is driving me crazy :/

I hope the links aren't a problem but i don't know how else to refer to the songs i'm interested in.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, kemonomimi, romance, seinen, supernatural