AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 22:26   Link #2361
Joaniedoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I really think you're reading too much into a singular moment. Hilde and Duo developed a strong bond rather quickly and Trowa doesn't seem like one to steal a comrade's girl. On top of all that, while Sumisawa has gone in weird directions with the novel so far, I don't think he'd create a love triangle involving the pilots.
It's my odd habit of poking holes in populare GW pairings if I can. I brought up Trowa to show that Hilde notices guys other then Duo, there for it's possible that the two of them may very well develop relationship else where in the 22 to 30 years inbetween EW and FT. They're only 16 last we saw them after all. Which leaves Dou Jr's mother an uncertainty at this point, Hilde is of course is a possiblaty.

I'm curious though if Sumizawa will introduce new characters to FT that aren't part of the Xerox generation, in the MC22 time period that is.

Quote:
It was BoP that Duo was asked about Hilde. I don't remember if anyone asked him about her on the moon but Heero definitely did after they destroyed the MS factory.
Okay, that sounds right.

I can kind of see part of a manga page in my minds eye with Duo on some kind of dirt bike on the moon talking to Sally, I think, but I can't remember it very well...

Quote:
As for Walker, I'm one of those fans!
Ah, I knew someone here was, but didn't remember who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
@Deacon I think I saw some on /rs/ at 4chan awhile back. I don't think the forums would allow me to link them to you though. Besides, my dorm's firewall blocks 4chan. T_T
What is 4chan, a manga site?

Last edited by Joaniedoe; 2011-02-12 at 03:18.
Joaniedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:31   Link #2362
Kitsoru
:3c

Sally visited Hilde, who told her where to find Duo on the outside of the colony, to ask for his help in the "Preventer 5" story at the end of Episode Zero. Duo and Hilde's relationship wasn't mentioned, though.

And again: Quote function. Use it. And..... don't google 4chan. sigh. Just don't. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:35   Link #2363
Joaniedoe

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Sally visited Hilde, who told her where to find Duo on the outside of the colony, to ask for his help in the "Preventer 5" story at the end of Episode Zero. Duo and Hilde's relationship wasn't mentioned, though.

And again: Quote function. Use it. And..... don't google 4chan. sigh. Just don't. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan
Where did I not use the quote function?

Thanks for the link. LOL and thanks for the warning on googling 4chan

Edit: Was so confused I forgot to say that the Prevent 5 page was the one I was trying to remember!
Old 2011-02-10, 22:37   Link #2364
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniedoe View Post
Where did I not use the quote function?

Thanks for the link. LOL and thanks for the warning on googling 4chan
Multiquote. Instead of posting 2-3 times in a row. That's spamming and it's banned on many forums, so you might wanna start learning to use it.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:41   Link #2365
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
It's my odd habit of poking holes in populare GW pairings if I can. I brought up Trowa to show that Hilde notices guys other then Duo, there for it's possible that the two of them may very well develop relationship else where in the 22 to 30 years inbetween EW and FT. They're only 16 last we saw them after all. Which leaves Dou Jr's mother an uncertainty at this point, Hilde is of course is a possiblaty.
Anything's possible with Sumisawa penning it. I'd put the chances of Hilde and Trowa getting together at about 0.01 percent though.

Considering Hilde is the only girl closely associated with Duo, it's fair to speculate she's Jr.'s mother.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:45   Link #2366
wingzerosnuggles

Besides, Duo/Hilde is the only pairing that's ~living together~ so there's that. Even if you say it was only in-series, that still says something. Even if they don't live together in EW, it's pretty obvious that they do business together. Besides, Sumisawa could have let us assume she died after that whole Libra data fiasco but he went ahead and stuck her in ALL the EW endings plus Preventer 5 so you can tell that he places importance on her. Dorothy wasn't even in the OVA.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:48   Link #2367
Joaniedoe

My apologies

Quote:
Multiquote. Instead of posting 2-3 times in a row. That's spamming and it's banned on many forums, so you might wanna start learning to use it.
I see. The last time I wrote back to back was because the other message was posted while I was still writing.

I thought it was only spaming if you where posting really short posts back to back sorry again, apartenly that's not the rule here. Supose on larger forums like this you have to keep amont of posts to a minimum?
Old 2011-02-10, 22:52   Link #2368
Kitsoru

Quote:
I see. The last time I wrote back to back was because the other message was posted while I was still writing.

I thought it was only spaming if you where posting really short posts back to back sorry again, apartenly that's not the rule here. Supose on larger forums like this you have to keep amont of posts to a minimum?
In that case it's probably better to just edit your existing post to reply to that person afterwards.
It's basic forum etiquette, really. But this isn't really the place to have to be teaching this.
Old 2011-02-10, 23:45   Link #2369
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
What is 4chan, a manga site?
Trust me, you don't wanna go there (because I'm not gonna break rules 1 and 2, esp. during raids), but for Gundam stuff, the /m/ board is the one to check out.
Old 2011-02-10, 23:49   Link #2370
gordol
Banned

no GOTD scans this month?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 23:57   Link #2371
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
no GOTD scans this month?
Sorry, I had a prior commitment tonight so I haven't been able to scan them yet. They will be scanned tomorrow night or Saturday afternoon.
Old 2011-02-11, 00:50   Link #2372
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I had a prior commitment tonight so I haven't been able to scan them yet. They will be scanned tomorrow night or Saturday afternoon.
ok thanks!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 00:58   Link #2373
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
On the other hand though Lady Une is always said to be of noble blood, all four of the magor Oz characters are. Middie Une being Lady Une feels like it doesn't line up when I consider this. Unless....
Wait. What? Where? Milliardo and Treize obviously are... but I recall no mention of Une or Noin being of noble blood.

Quote:
Dorothy wasn't even in the OVA.
EW? She was in EW... Or do you mean Evens and Odds?
Old 2011-02-11, 01:05   Link #2374
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akigakuyuu View Post
Wait. What? Where? Milliardo and Treize obviously are... but I recall no mention of Une or Noin being of noble blood.
Noin comes from an Italian noblefamily (we know this because gundamofficial.com gives her title as Baronet, and Italian is given as her 'race of descent' in the technical manuals), and Une- again, Gundam Official lists her as a Count(ess, I'd assume... And she's listed as of German descent in the tech manuals).
Didn't the novel mention Noin's lineage as well briefly..?

EDIT: I think she means Evens and Odds/Operation Meteor.
Old 2011-02-11, 01:38   Link #2375
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Aah, got it.

I'd always just kind of ignored the Gundam Official profiles... since they don't even have Sanc spelled the same between Relena and Zechs's profiles. Haha. And they're questionable colour identifications.

Edit: After looking through my GW mook, some of the weird colours are mentioned here.

It also lists Heero's hair as being moss green.

...right.

So, nobility then or something. *blink*

Last edited by akigakuyuu; 2011-02-11 at 02:15.
akigakuyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 03:42   Link #2376
wingzerosnuggles

I mean the 3-episode Endless Waltz OVA. Dorothy isn't in it. She's only in the Special Edition movie.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:13   Link #2377
Kitsoru

Quote:
I'd always just kind of ignored the Gundam Official profiles... since they don't even have Sanc spelled the same between Relena and Zechs's profiles. Haha. And they're questionable colour identifications.

Edit: After looking through my GW mook, some of the weird colours are mentioned here.

It also lists Heero's hair as being moss green.

...right.

So, nobility then or something. *blink*
Yeeeeeeaaah, they are pretty suspect XD; But I mean.. they're official, right? They must have some credibility....? *cricket chirp*

Yeah, some of them list different colors between books. The reason for this is that what they're listing are actually the paint colors used in the cels, which can vary sometimes (dependent on lighting in a scene, etc). It's like using a marker called 'eggshell' for skintones (which I occasionally do )- just the name of the paint color. So, the moss green they use is a really greenish brown.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:17   Link #2378
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
I mean the 3-episode Endless Waltz OVA. Dorothy isn't in it. She's only in the Special Edition movie.
Really? Huh. I never really noticed. Actually, have I ever watched the OVA version? ... O_o; *goes to get her EW dvd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsoru
Yeah, some of them list different colors between books. The reason for this is that what they're listing are actually the paint colors used in the cels, which can vary sometimes (dependent on lighting in a scene, etc). It's like using a marker called 'eggshell' for skintones (which I occasionally do )- just the name of the paint color. So, the moss green they use is a really greenish brown.
Oh, I'm sure. But man, did I have a laughing fit last night reading that.

Me: Wait, so Treize is blonde, but Relena is brunette? Wth. *flips to Heero's page* ... DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:55   Link #2379
Kitsoru

Quote:
Me: Wait, so Treize is blonde, but Relena is brunette?
Yyyyyeeeeah I dunno how they managed that one XDD
Old 2011-02-11, 19:19   Link #2380
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Funfact: Hikaru Midorikawa, Heero's seiyuu, also voiced Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0. The Seto Kaiba who had green hair.

By the way, does anyone know what rank/title of nobility Treize had? I think he was a duke or something...?
I don't know if this has been discussed before, so sorry if I bring up age old stuff but it just hit me. Could it be that the creators made a joke about the characters' titles corresponding with their ranks/military importance? Because if Noin is a baronetess it makes sense that she'd be a countess' (Une's) subordinate. Also, Duke Dermail led Romefeller, while Marquis Weridge was subordinate to him (and wiki says: "In the British peerage a marquis ranks below a duke and above an earl"). And when the princess surrendered and accepted Romefeller's offer she went straight to leading position. Is this just me? lol

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-02-11 at 19:50.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing