AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 23:55   Link #7961
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
"Sigh" I would hate to see how this discussion thread would last if the events of episode 22 don't go as planned since the majority have thrown the plot out the window in favor for just a popular pairing, hell why not rename the show LelouchXKallen: Rebellion of Lovers since the Geass part has lost any significance to everyone after the past two episodes. All I can say I hope for the best for episode 22 and beyond for her character, she'll definitely need it.
Why have so many people said the plot is no longer important anymore... it just took a huge redirect as he finds out what he fought for was built on lies, but it is still there.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 23:58   Link #7962
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Why have so many people said the plot is no longer important anymore... it just took a huge redirect as he finds out what he fought for was built on lies, but it is still there.
Hell, people are more interested in who Lelouch ends up with than the main plot device the whole series was built on, which are indeed signs of disappointment awaiting
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 23:59   Link #7963
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
"Sigh" I would hate to see how this discussion thread would last if the events of episode 22 don't go as planned since the majority have thrown the plot out the window in favor for just a popular pairing, hell why not rename the show LelouchXKallen: Rebellion of Lovers since the Geass part has lost any significance to everyone after the past two episodes. All I can say I hope for the best for episode 22 and beyond for her character, she'll definitely need it.

That's a great title for a LelouchXKallen Dōjinshi

I am still interested in the Gaess plot, though the last few episodes didn't help. I want to see Lelouch have a few more "just as planned" moments.

But yeah I am jonesing for a kalulu ending. Or for Kallen to prove her "essential-ness".
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:00   Link #7964
Var
Banned

Quote:
Hell, people are more interested in who Lelouch ends up with than the main plot device the whole series was built on, which are indeed signs of disappointment awaiting
Tis true. Sadly.

To be fair though, I enjoy a congruous plot with every string tied up correctly on how it was built up. And the recent episodes... took some of the strings and mutilated them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
But yeah I am jonesing for a kalulu ending. Or for Kallen to prove her "essential-ness".
Knowing how cruel fate is, I wouldn't be surprised if her essential role was to save Nunally... and then find she has no place with Lelouch... or after finding that out. Whatever. Bah. *goes back to reading cupahe's post*
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:00   Link #7965
scifijimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
http://www.tsukuru.info/r2/

A better countdown clock. Also lists the remaining episodes airtime, though till it finishes, it's airing the same time with supposedly no breaks.

Also, I was observing the first few episodes of Kallen/Lelouch interaction since all that talk about identities was brought up. Despite just meeting Lelouch, Kallen is pretty blunt considering she has always called Lelouch by his first name with lack of honorifics. I haven't really paid much attention to honorifics in this show so it could just be a Brittanian thing that I have overlooked (since Westerners rarely call each other Mr. John or Ms. Jane). Anyway, that's my 2 cents for the day.
Ah, yes the Pizza Hut Countdown clock. Funny thing is that the censor's will bleep out any reference here in the USA to the Pizza Hut even in the Audio commentary.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:00   Link #7966
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Since the main plot isn't coming back in force till 23 or so, can you honestly say you're surprised by the main topic of discussion?
Old 2008-09-06, 00:01   Link #7967
eaglei3

Quote:
So then this is going the Gundam Seed route you are saying? 10% of us watch for the story, the other 90% watch for the romance in which 33% of those get disappointed when one dies(Flay-Shirley), another turns out to be a sister(Cagalli- umm... we will say CC is family since she knew his mom), and 33% win as their girl gets picked(Lacus-Kallen since she is the only one not used in the example)?
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:04   Link #7968
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
lol I still wait for the mecha fights and enjoy watching em just ordered a lancelot figure. Right its just Kalulu dominates my mind till ep 22 finishes airing.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:07   Link #7969
scifijimmy

1 day, 2 hours, 53 minute to go until the episode goes live in Japan.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:12   Link #7970
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Knowing how cruel fate is, I wouldn't be surprised if her essential role was to save Nunally... and then find she has no place with Lelouch... or after finding that out. Whatever. Bah. *goes back to reading cupahe's post*
I think we can safely call the pessimism around here "Dann's revenge" Kalulu fans apparently ran him out of the forum and in a strange twist of Karma the more prominent kalulu fans have taken on the role of "Debbie downer"

If that's the best we can hope for then that's just a bitter pill that has to be swallowed. Because its better than the other non kalulu alternatives.

Such as her pulling a Rolo. (Unless of course he actually loved her. Then it would have some meaning and wouldn't be a recycled mess)

And no Gino dammit.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:17   Link #7971
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Since the main plot isn't coming back in force till 23 or so, can you honestly say you're surprised by the main topic of discussion?
But after Turn 22 would anyone still care? Like Var posted they'll be either face-plants or cheering after that episode and I can see alot of people not giving two shits about the plot if Kallen's role has been cheapen as a result for the plot to continue and vice versa, not saying she's a bad character but to watch a show for one sole aspect as in fanservice and stop watching when they take it away or reduce it means you've wasted a whole lot of time and discussion.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:20   Link #7972
Var
Banned

Quote:
But after Turn 22 would anyone still care? Like Var posted they'll be either face-plants or cheering after that episode and I can see alot of people not giving two shits about the plot if Kallen's role has been cheapen as a result for the plot to continue and vice versa, not saying she's a bad character but to watch a show for one sole aspect as in fanservice and stop watching when they take it away or reduce it means you've wasted a whole lot of time and discussion.
Ruining a character, for many people, is cheapening the plot. Characters are an intergral part of the plot, if you just undermine them then you're not doing it for the plot, you're doing it for the twists and suspense.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:22   Link #7973
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Yeah that's why some people will be angry.

It's human nature for some to put all their eggs in one basket.

And I don't personally see the problem with people watching the show for only one element. I mean if someone finds enjoyment in the limited romance angle of the show than more power to them.

It's a gamble but if their pairing comes out on top then its great.

And unfortunately for Kallen fans her development is severely tied to the romance angle
Old 2008-09-06, 00:22   Link #7974
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

People will continue to watch and just be pissed that they fucked up that part (if they do, which hopefully they won't). I'm also waiting to see how he deals with Nunnally coming back, Damocles threatening everyone, etc.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:26   Link #7975
Micante

Quote:
It'll be L's death all over again.

Me: Do you watch Death Note?
Random fan: I stopped.
Me: When?
Random fan: After L died.
Me:

Except now it'll be:

Me: Have you watched Code Geass?
Random fan: Up until episode 22, when all hope for Kalulu/CluClu was lost.
Me:
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:26   Link #7976
scifijimmy

Well, the idea that they would just let another romantic interest die after taking a good deal of time this season seems like it to me that it would be poor taste if they did it.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:27   Link #7977
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
People will continue to watch and just be pissed that they fucked up that part (if they do, which hopefully they won't). I'm also waiting to see how he deals with Nunnally coming back, Damocles threatening everyone, etc.
Well this is true, most everyone will still watch just to see how it ends or just laugh for the hell of it, either way I'm just saying......regards to Nunnally let's hope he learns not to put her over the entire world like he did during the Black Rebellion (he probably will)but what does that mean to Kallen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
Well, the idea that they would just let another romantic interest die after taking a good deal of time this season seems like it to me that it would be poor taste if they did it.
There's still Ougi and Villetta
Old 2008-09-06, 00:27   Link #7978
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
It'll be L's death all over again.

Me: Do you watch Death Note?
Random fan: I stopped.
Me: When?
Random fan: After L died.
Me:
To be fair, after L died, that show was hardly interesting anymore.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:28   Link #7979
lovecakecookies

Some people think that Lulu might push her away for her own good in episode 22, but I think he will do the opposite now ...

In Episode 21, Remember the flashback he had of C.C saying something like" You push away the things you treasure?" well I don't think he believes the philosophy anymore or believes it. In episode 21 Lulu realized that his parents did that to him all his life, and it was the same as abandoning them so I highly doubt he will do something like that in episode 22.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:29   Link #7980
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
To be fair, after L died, that show was hardly interesting anymore.
Still, you have to actually watch the rest to be able to say that.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote