AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings (TV Special) Rating
Perfect 10 18 26.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 19.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-28, 04:31   Link #61
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
I just watched the 2nd ep and it's great. The battle sequences, art, and animation are all top notch for anime today. Some things I don't understand
Spoiler for ep2:
That was Hild's interpretation, but I think it's because Bell is just extraordinarily pure even for a goddess.

Anyway, it was pretty cool that unlike in the manga Lind and 50% Hild actually got to fight for a moment before Mara interrupted this time.
The Real Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 13:16   Link #62
Raktus
Gotei 13: Squad 11

I liked it, but kinda let down that they eluded to something that I, a non-magna reader, would never see unless they came out with more episodes...
Raktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 21:52   Link #63
hlteoh

Wink

hi there,

juz watch AMG-Fighting wings on youtube, it was simply marvellous, though I had to admit I still prefer the first AMG Movie, I had stronger feelings on that movie and it was very touching but for Fighting wings it's really kinda cool to see Lind in action and Belldandy owns 2 angels....simply an eye opener...

BTW...anybody knows where to buy AMG-Fighting Wings DVD in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. OMG, I have been frantically searching for this DVD for so many weeks...

Thanks !
hlteoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 23:40   Link #64
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlteoh View Post
BTW...anybody knows where to buy AMG-Fighting Wings DVD in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. OMG, I have been frantically searching for this DVD for so many weeks...
Based on the offical website, I think the Fighting Wings DVD is being released in Japan on April 25. I don't know if you get the Japanese releases in Malaysia or if you will have to wait for a local licence before getting it, but in either case if its not out yet in Japan, its not out yet anywhere.
Old 2008-11-15, 15:26   Link #65
Jamiec20
AMG! Lover

Has This Special Been Licensed Anywhere Outside Of Japan yet?

Last edited by Jamiec20; 2008-11-15 at 15:36.
Jamiec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 04:12   Link #66
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Nope. It's not licensed outside of Japan yet.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 12:36   Link #67
Jamiec20
AMG! Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Nope. It's not licensed outside of Japan yet.
Ahh thanks for telling me.
Jamiec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 19:29   Link #68
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol Noble Scarlet's summoning - the reactions from everyone's face was completely priceless.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 19:50   Link #69
Justin Kim
*Artist

Does anyone know the release date for the actual 3rd season instead of the two anniversary episode the people are talking about in this thread? Or the speculated release date?
Old 2009-03-08, 20:06   Link #70
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Fat chance in hell we'll ever see the 2 Fighting Wings ovas released here.
Old 2009-03-11, 23:31   Link #71
Justin Kim
*Artist

Erm, it already was...the subbed version came out, rather than the English dubbed. You can pretty much it anywhere that has a streaming site. I was asking whether the creator was making a 3rd season excluding the 20th anniversary OVA fighting wings specials.
Old 2009-03-15, 06:19   Link #72
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Does anyone know the release date for the actual 3rd season instead of the two anniversary episode the people are talking about in this thread? Or the speculated release date?
There have been vague rumors that someday the creators of the anime would like to do another season, but at this point there are not even any rumors of if or when that will actually happen. Certainly since there is no news of them even starting production at this point, the very earliest we could expect anything would probably be 2010 and again this is just speculation as there is no conformation it will happen at all.

Quote:
Erm, it already was...the subbed version came out, rather than the English dubbed. You can pretty much it anywhere that has a streaming site.
I think zrdb was referring to an actual licenced comercial relase of Fighting Wings in the US. Personally, I hope he is wrong as I would love to add it to my DVD collection.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:44   Link #73
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
There have been vague rumors that someday the creators of the anime would like to do another season, but at this point there are not even any rumors of if or when that will actually happen. Certainly since there is no news of them even starting production at this point, the very earliest we could expect anything would probably be 2010 and again this is just speculation as there is no conformation it will happen at all.

I think zrdb was referring to an actual licenced comercial relase of Fighting Wings in the US. Personally, I hope he is wrong as I would love to add it to my DVD collection.
The manga, I got to admit - I am simply addicted to it. But I wish like the Japanese mangaka artists would hire these scantalators to translate each of their manga's and episodes accurately and then distrubute them throughout the U.S. liscensed. I know Dark Horse comics, have been doing that for quite a while but the translations only reach up to volume 11, when there are so much more for Ah! My goddess. Ditto on episodes as well. I wish they would just sub everything properly, rather than having some fan service sub them - since the videos always have a tendency to get removed. I really dislike American Dubbbed animes, just sounds really wierd.
Old 2009-08-24, 16:39   Link #74
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Quote:
The manga, I got to admit - I am simply addicted to it. But I wish like the Japanese mangaka artists would hire these scantalators to translate each of their manga's and episodes accurately and then distrubute them throughout the U.S. liscensed. I know Dark Horse comics, have been doing that for quite a while but the translations only reach up to volume 11, when there are so much more for Ah! My goddess. Ditto on episodes as well. I wish they would just sub everything properly, rather than having some fan service sub them - since the videos always have a tendency to get removed. I really dislike American Dubbbed animes, just sounds really wierd.
And us here in New Zealand will only get the DVD is Australia ever gets the license to distribute the series 3 outside Japan. The only company is that of Madman Ltd that imports anime to us downunder. I hope it comes out this year.
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote