031 - 040: Bad... 1 2.56%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.56%
000 - 010: Yeah, it's canon, but filler was better than this drek... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-06-02, 01:04   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 214 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

The Burden I Should Bear - 背負うべき重荷 ~ Seōbeki Omoni.

Description:

Animation Supervisor: Ik-Hyun Eum (205, 185, 176)
Storyboard & Episode Director: Kiyomu Fukuda (205, 185, 176)
Screenplay: Masahiro Hikokubo (213, 212, 211)

The Fated Two - 宿命のふたり ~ Shukumei no Futari.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 06:39   Link #2
filthydani

Another useless episode
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 06:46   Link #3
Spelt

Decent episode, better than last weeks...
Old 2011-06-02, 06:49   Link #4
Jinru
Hideo Kuze

Naruto just HAD to save the day... lame.
Jinru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 07:33   Link #5
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Now were getting somewhere better than last weeks effort...
Old 2011-06-02, 07:33   Link #6
Casshern

Nice ep. Would've preferred more combat filler than stock footage but oh well.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 09:07   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Too much filler flashbacks for my tastes, but better than last week. So decent overall.

Again Sakura has proven how useless she is
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 09:11   Link #8
Jerseykid

Sasuke seeing Naruto come to the rescue without the frog eyes is just sad. It would of been the ultimate 11 seconds.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 09:35   Link #9
Casshern

I don't think Sasuke can see much of anything right now...
Old 2011-06-02, 10:10   Link #10
Blaster

A classic example of all talk nothing gets done at the end. The plot here can be summarized in 3 words: "We love Sasuke.".
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 10:47   Link #11
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Well, I actually appreciated the episode...Not much actually happened, but it was still fun to watch...

At this point, it's pretty clear that Sasuke can outclass Kakashi, but I was surprised at how much Sasuke has changed from one fight to another...It looks like Sasuke can now form Susanoo on the same level as Itachi, but really? That has to drain a lot of chakra...I thought just at the end of Danzo's fight he expended all of his chakra, but now he can somehow muster enough to put out a fully-formed Susanoo? I guess that raged lack of thinking is what's preventing Sasuke from having anything nice, because he's going blind now...Well, I guess he could pluck Itachi's eyes, but they're probably rotting now...Unless Itachi's head is kept in a jar, a-la Futurama...Or not...

It's nice to see Kakashi use Mangekyo Sharingan and Kamui without passing out at the end of things too...It can be often overlooked the fact that up until this point, Sasuke wasn't aware of Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan...It's a shame Kakashi's trying so hard to be optimistic with a Sasuke turnover, that I'm sure Kamui might be effective at messing Sasuke's day up, more so when Sasuke had the disadvantage of only being able to see red X's...

Poor Sakura; She has the right idea, but she hasn't the resolve...

Poor Karin, too; "Stop looking so sad, you're crying on my face!"

The end of the episode was marred with a flashback, but at the very least, it's a retold scene with different dialogue and new animation efforts...For once, I didn't mind the flashback, because it wasn't a total replay of the same old Part I scene we've seen since forever now (Though I still mind my justification for flashbacks from the last episode's discussion thread)...

Speaking of animation, I really loved how smooth everything looked, both the aesthetic detailing and the consistency of animation fluidity...Starting with the first scuffle between Sasuke and Kakashi, I knew this was going to be a good-looking episode...But even with everything covered in flesh lacquer, the anime team still makes Sasuke look like a damned rapist; I guess it's the only way to show how far off the deep end he's gone...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 11:10   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least this was much better than the previous two episodes. There was actually some action being put into place. A pretty solid effort from Kakashi considering how crazy Sasuke's power-ups have gotten. Though he is a bit too crazy to talk to, be good to remind Sasuke that it really isn't his business who other clan members decide to gift a sharingan to.

But just hitting home more and more how completely gone Sasuke is becoming. Is willing to and really is planning to kill just about everyone he used to know. Plus is living under some delusion that no one else in Konoha was unhappy other than him. Kind of pointless to compare personal tragedies, but in the end he wasn't the only one that suffered. Just the one that decided to focus his entire life on revenge and not trying to find some kind of happiness.

The fight against Sasuke has to come sooner or later, I mean the guy is practically blind now. Only has so many fights left in him really.
Old 2011-06-02, 11:15   Link #13
Ardeau

Sakura has a flashback with a flashback within it : flashback-ception. Studio Pierrot has taken flashbacks beyond the impossible.

Konoha's best jounin.

Sasuke goes Accelerator.

Last edited by Ardeau; 2011-06-02 at 11:52.
Ardeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 11:21   Link #14
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
At this point, it's pretty clear that Sasuke can outclass Kakashi, but I was surprised at how much Sasuke has changed from one fight to another...It looks like Sasuke can now form Susanoo on the same level as Itachi, but really? That has to drain a lot of chakra...I thought just at the end of Danzo's fight he expended all of his chakra, but now he can somehow muster enough to put out a fully-formed Susanoo?
At this point Sasuke has the same "main character privileges" as Naruto i.e he can be completely out of energy but he'll still manage to pull some more out if the plot demands. This was the best opportunity anyone could have to take out Sasuke and they still failed. What that says is basically, Sasuke is for Naruto to take care of.
Old 2011-06-02, 11:44   Link #15
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardeau View Post
Sakura has a flashback with a flashback within it : flashback-ception.

I can't... believe it. Studio Pierrot has taken flashbacks beyond the impossible.
Believe it!

lol... I couldn't help myself...

Naruto is the most flashback heavy series I've ever seen... Surely the director can come up with better ways to stretch out an episode other than flashbacks... Prolonging the fight between Sasuke and Kakashi would've been a welcome filler over flashbacks.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 11:47   Link #16
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I really hope sasuke dies.....................a really horrible slow death, i mean really does anyone actually like him, and how come all his fights are very nicely animated but narutos fights look like its frame by frame
Old 2011-06-02, 12:32   Link #17
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
better than the last 2 episodes, but still too many flashbacks. What a cliffhanger. can't wait for the next episode!
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 12:34   Link #18
Maxtro

Ugh! Why did the episode have a long-ass flashback at the end? It totally ruined the pacing

For the love of god, throw in a filler fight between Kakashi and Sasuke. Have them do taijutsu and ninjutsu to each other for 10 minutes then Sasuke pulls out his Susan'o. I don't care if it's not in the manga, it would have been awesome and infinitely better than flashbacks.

Man, I really want to watch a Naruto kai. Give Naruto the same treatment Dragonball Z got. I wouldn't mind watching it all over again from the beginning but with all the fillers, flashbacks and long stares cut out.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 12:43   Link #19
Fran~
floating away...

Well... i'll focus in what is important to me... Naruto said that he will know the answer to Sasuke's problem whe he sees him again. He saw him again at the moment Sasuke was about to kill Sakura... i believe that Naruto now knows the answer (and Sakura already knows the kind of guy Sasuke is now).

In the preview he said: "i guess we just have to do this then..."

BTW... Sakura fails again... but Sasuke fails TWICE in killing her...
Old 2011-06-02, 12:54   Link #20
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
At this point Sasuke has the same "main character privileges" as Naruto i.e he can be completely out of energy but he'll still manage to pull some more out if the plot demands. This was the best opportunity anyone could have to take out Sasuke and they still failed. What that says is basically, Sasuke is for Naruto to take care of.
Yeah, but after chakra Susanoo outburst he went to being partially blurry-blind and didn't do any damage at all. I think he also had some rest between Danzo and this. And remember his fight against Deidara where his Sharingan also went off and he still managed to do smthing.

Overall nice episode especially Sasuke's face expressions They are awesome

And this is brilliant

Quote:
And I absolutely hate the current ending, I don't usually care about it, but it totally sucks.

Tags
weekly episode discussion