AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 14:22   Link #121
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Watching a Nico stream of the first episode (in progress):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh and yes, the episode is 40+ minutes long Now waiting for subs to understand what's going on better.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-01-08 at 15:17.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:22   Link #122
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Urgh, it's just as I feared; the new Diva has this whole thing going on with overblown gender segregation, to the point that they've put a giant wall between the male and female canvas grounds. Even the heads of the male and female grounds are at odds about males being superior to femals and vice versa, and the commander spouting reiliguious babble about male/female combining being blocked by some holy wall. *sigh*

I sersiously hope they don't overdo this; it'll be just plain annoying to see everybody walking around every episode for half the series being sexist jackasses, let alone how it'll screw with the current AmataxMikono relationship and the inevitable romance it'll become in the coming episodes. >.>

*lol* Kagura even walks around on four legs like Apollo did. It's him all right.

EDIT: Great, to top it off that idiot Kaien, or whatever his name is, is a complete jackass. He talks like he may actually care about Mikono, than completely trash-talks her the rest of the time. I gladly take most forum trolls over that guy.

And the next episode preview indicates we may indeed be getting a bunch of segregation crap getting thrown at us next week with them going back to the Aquarias. I was all revved up for this show (and still am), but I was definitely not looking forward to this sexual segregation BS. And Kaien and that glasses girl do not help in any way whatsoever. I really, really, really hope we don't have to put up any of this for too many episodes; at the very least Kawamori, tone it down in an episode or two, please.

Yeah, these terribly heavy negative points were a real killjoy for me. Thankfully I still enjoyed the episode. For the most part.

On a non-negative note, from his commentary it looks like Kagura is going to be actively pursuing Mikono. So we have some interpersonal good guy/bad guy conflict ready.

Speaking of Mikono, I also really hope she gets over her weakness and becomes a pilot soon. Her weak-willed damsel-in-distress role these two episodes was hard for even me to swallow, and I'm really forgiving with these things.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-01-08 at 16:18.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:10   Link #123
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Spoiler for :

All that being said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I sersiously hope they don't overdo this; it'll be just plain annoying to see everybody walking around every episode for half the series being sexist jackasses, let alone how it'll screw with the current AmataxMikono relationship and the inevitable romance it'll become in the coming episodes. >.>
Quote:
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Abandon all hope, ye who enter ...

Quote:
*lol* Kagura even walks around on four legs like Apollo did. It's him all right.
Definitive proof :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler:
That strikes me as being the most hilarious aspect of it all if it's true. A religion based on something that gives artificial induced orgasms ... used to separate genders from each other
Old 2012-01-09, 01:02   Link #124
tsunade666

Spoiler for episode 1 and 2:
Old 2012-01-09, 01:17   Link #125
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Didn't fully watch the entire episode, I prefer to wait for the sub :3
But indeed that was great gattai scene, and though we don't get to see the infamous Mugen Punch, but we get that Buddha's palm and Flying Love Attack XD

And as I fear, there's no OP scene on the premiere "orz

That Flying Love Attack, anyone thought they will ram Kagura to moon and then wrote "Amata Mikono" on it, just like Eureka 7?

Last edited by bakAnki; 2012-01-09 at 01:52.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 02:49   Link #126
tsunade666

the first time Apollo use the mugen punch. He punched that gay the tenshi into the moon/asteroid. It's the same with Flying love attack. They really like to ram it out into the space.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:15   Link #127
zeth006

Downloading gg's ep it right now, premise sounds really interesting. I could sure use an mecha and aliens anime.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:29   Link #128
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

After watching Rinne no Lagrange and this in a row, I'm extremely pumped for mecha this season. I didn't know what to expect this season, but between those two, Nisemonogatari, and Milky Holmes 2, this is going to be a great season if they can all keep it up.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:43   Link #129
Dahak86
Classics never age

aah, the new Aquarion... glad to see that it stays true to its nature

I wonder if there'll be another episode like that infamous ep19...
Old 2012-01-09, 09:45   Link #130
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It was just as I feared; Mikono and Amata are too darn generic as pilots(even though Mikono didn't pilot, and did nothing but whine, which is worse =0\). The original wasn't the best mecha show, but one of the things which entertained me about the show was the unusual pilot archetypes and char interactions. Amata doesn't seem remotely as fun as Apollo was, nor Mikono to Sylvia. Like Shinji said, I hope that the whole gender separation/superiority thing will be nixed as quickly as possible. I REALLY don't want another Vandread s1 (>.>). FORTUNATELY, I think that Zessica and the inclusion of Comm Fudo(?) will help this process along.

Speaking of Fudo(if that WAS him), I hope he becomes Commander very quickly. Even though I didn't know he would be in this show, seeing how the normal commanders seemed incompetent, not to mention suffering from the same "oh no, boys and girls shouldn't mix" syndrome, it made me BEG that Fudo would just pop in out of nowhere. As a commander, he was freggin awesome, cool as hell, and made the show more entertaining with his unusual but meaningful activities (*hopes for another cross-role ep =03).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 10:21   Link #131
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I wonder if there'll be another episode like that infamous ep19...
what's so infamous with episode 19? it was years since I last watch it so I don't remember anything about it.
Old 2012-01-09, 11:01   Link #132
KBTKaiser

episode 19 is the famous outsourced animation episode, probably done on purpose to go with the plot of the ep.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:01   Link #133
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what's so infamous with episode 19? it was years since I last watch it so I don't remember anything about it.
Addiction to Gattai. Gattai.

Edit:

Or not. My original Aquarion memory isn't the best. But still, that Gattai ep was quite memorable to me >_>

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:17   Link #134
KBTKaiser

the gattai one is episode..16 from the quicklist via wiki.

another memorable one is 18, the cosplay ep.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:59   Link #135
xizro345
King's Justice

I can see EVOL has the same issues of the original, sadly...The plot, despite the differences, flows exactly in a similar way, and that's not good.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 12:03   Link #136
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
episode 19 is the famous outsourced animation episode, probably done on purpose to go with the plot of the ep.
It definitely wasn't done on purpose to go with the plot of the episode; if it had just been for the oddjob parts of the episode then you'd be right, but there was no reason other than lousy animation skills for the whole episode to look so terrifyingly horrible. >.>
Old 2012-01-09, 13:19   Link #137
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Urgh, it's just as I feared; the new Diva has this whole thing going on with overblown gender segregation, to the point that they've put a giant wall between the male and female canvas grounds. Even the heads of the male and female grounds are at odds about males being superior to femals and vice versa, and the commander spouting reiliguious babble about male/female combining being blocked by some holy wall. *sigh*
Not that unprecedented actually. The Vector technology itself during Sangrila's decline was forbidden technology. Humans only rediscovered how to build one after mutilating and murdering a Shadow Angel child in Aquarion.

Quote:

I'm going for Kagura is half of Apollo. The other half is Amata. Celiane did reincarnate into two persons with Sylvie and Sirius.

Andy he definitely Pierre reincarnated. Only in this life he can't land pussy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 13:29   Link #138
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not that unprecedented actually. The Vector technology itself during Sangrila's decline was forbidden technology. Humans only rediscovered how to build one after mutilating and murdering a Shadow Angel child in Aquarion.
Hm? I was talking about the premise of Aquarion Evol with the gender segregation. (and how mind-rackingly overdone and ridiculous it is)

Quote:
I'm going for Kagura is half of Apollo. The other half is Amata. Celiane did reincarnate into two persons with Sylvie and Sirius.
I theorize that Kagura is Apollo reincarnated, while Amata is Apolonius reincarnated. (explaining why Kagura acts like Apollo yet Amata has the Wings of the Sun) I also theorize that Mikono may be Sylvia reincarnated, which would explain the vision of the marriage between Kagura (Apollo's reincarnation) and Mikono, and why she was crying when she first saw the Aquarion movie at the beginning of episode 1.
Old 2012-01-09, 14:13   Link #139
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Hm? I was talking about the premise of Aquarion Evol with the gender segregation. (and how mind-rackingly overdone and ridiculous it is)
The purpose as stated was to prevent the return a Aquarion. Obviously Type-M and Type-F were based on the Mass Produced Assault Aquarions but has seriously been nerfed.

No Getter-esque combinations or extra forms like Walker and Armageddon.

Remember the Assault Vectors can combine as well with the original Vectors. Which brings to question is the Aquarion still buried keeping the planet together.

The gender segregation is a systematic institutionalized nerfing of the Vectors. KKeeping them Real Robots not Super Robots.

Maybe something happened in the intervening 12,000 years that Aquarion technology was forbidden to be used. In Aquarion it was said the humanity or the New UN gaining mass produced was a bad idea.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 15:08   Link #140
Maverick05

Well, I am not sure if I will like this Aquarion or not. Yet I will say this: I sooo miss Sirius, because Cayenne is making me want to kick my screen!!!!! Seriously, he needs a good bootslap and fast before he solo-kills the show.

BTW, I feel sorry for Zessica.....She is soo getting expel from her school. I mean, she went from virgin!choir!schoolgirl into a girl in a foursome (with two members being brother and sister and giving a hand to the leader of the group). Poor Girl. XD
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction