AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-26, 19:34   Link #4321
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Hmm? Sorry, I got the second image from a past chapter XDD Just pieced them together, that's all :3 Sorry if I confused you. I believe the top image IS Mikoto, since the PE uniform she's wearing fits.
Oh lol. You scared me. Yeah though she'll eat those words.

I like where this is going... I hope Railgun has 2 month breaks more often... they apparently come out with amazing plot twists when it happens to make up for it
Old 2013-07-26, 20:56   Link #4322
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
To Zaeraal, So i take it that this issue came out on the 26th since it was special then?
No, it normaly comes out 27th, unless it's weekend, in that case it is moved to a sooner/later date (26 / 28)
And don't forget spoilers sometimes arrive earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Anyway, Kamachi please let Mikoto get more powerful so that we know from now on the Railgun Manga won't really need to "fit into the parent story" as a lot of people stupidly criticize IMO. There should be things just unique to the Railgun Manga that get incorporated later into the Light Novels. I don't see why not...
It would be quite ironic, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Saten: used Level Upper, barely got any powers
Misaka: used the "prototype" of Level Upper, got insane (god like) boost in powers

Saten: proven to not have any hidden talent
Misaka: proven to have sleeping powers

Saten
: ends up in coma unable to do anything and has to be saved by others
Misaka: loses control, but will probably regain it back with (/without) the help of others

Saten: afterwards does not gains anything and learns a lesson that she should never cheat again
Misaka: most likely will end up afterwards with some power boost (as shown in Russia), no other moral side effects
Old 2013-07-26, 20:59   Link #4323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question- Was it revealed in the chapter how Gensei could force the Sisters Network into Misaka's conscious?
Old 2013-07-26, 21:03   Link #4324
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I bet it has something to do with Exterior, seeing how he needed it for whatever reason.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:08   Link #4325
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Personally, I think Mikoto being the big final boss at the end of the arc would be pretty awesome.

Seeing as nobody has answered my question about what Exterior is, I can assume that it has not been revealed at any point up through Chapter 60 and that I am not missing anything.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:11   Link #4326
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Personally, I think Mikoto being the big final boss at the end of the arc would be pretty awesome.

Seeing as nobody has answered my question about what Exterior is, I can assume that it has not been revealed at any point up through Chapter 60 and that I am not missing anything.
The spoilers said it was a way to remote-control Misaki and her powers, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:13   Link #4327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The spoiler says that it was originally meant for anyone, esper or normal, to be able to use Misaki's powers.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:14   Link #4328
zaeraal

Quote:

It should be that HUGE floating brain cultivated from Misaki's brain.
It was mentioned by me before and in spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers
Exterior was made so anyone who was recorded by it could use Mental Out whether they were an esper or not.
But Misaki caught on and took over the program for her own purposes.

Misaki: I did not want anyone else to know about this, but now I am showing it to you of all people.
Misaki: A portion of my cerebral cortex was removed, cultivated, and enlarged to create this giant brain.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:19   Link #4329
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Ahh...thanks for the reply but if it's revealed in Chapter 61, then I'll just wait for the scans to be released to find out.

But wait, does that mean that Exterior is a branch of the FIVE_OVER Project, then?
Old 2013-07-26, 21:40   Link #4330
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Ahh...thanks for the reply but if it's revealed in Chapter 61, then I'll just wait for the scans to be released to find out.

But wait, does that mean that Exterior is a branch of the FIVE_OVER Project, then?
I'm still curious. I wonder if Mikoto will be the hero in any arc except the 1st... and it is potentially true but there isn't enough info now to tell for sure.

I moved the speculation about Noukan to the novel reader manga thread.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-26 at 21:54.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:54   Link #4331
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
No, it normaly comes out 27th, unless it's weekend, in that case it is moved to a sooner/later date (26 / 28)

Quote:
Misaka: most likely will end up afterwards with some power boost (as shown in Russia), no other moral side effects
Explain this power boost?
Old 2013-07-26, 21:55   Link #4332
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

The comparison you made isn't here, but what you were saying about Mikoto being stronger than Saten and luckier in every way...

I think this is setting it up to make it a big deal if she finds out about
Spoiler for volume 22:
Old 2013-07-26, 22:01   Link #4333
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Man, I feel sad for Misaka, being turned into a demonized version of herself against her will. But still, it makes for a good storyline.
Old 2013-07-26, 22:13   Link #4334
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Explain this power boost?
Didn't she took down some nukes and sliced a military base in half with iron sand?
That's quite a bit more than she usually uses -> few whips of iron sand and having to personally enter facilities in order to physically destroy them.

If she had that kind of power before, she would have used it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think this is setting it up to make it a big deal if she finds out about
Spoiler for volume 22:
How is that related? The Parameter List basically says the talent or effort has no meaning in powers as everything is science / money bound.
The effect of Level Upper has nothing to do with that.

I was just pointing out to the different treatment of 2 people in the same situation.
The gifted person gets rewarded, the no-gifted person gets punished. Which is quite ironic.
Old 2013-07-26, 22:27   Link #4335
Sandinwater

Wow, I've just started reading trying to catch up on all this and from what I have read Mikoto is about to go through some real crazy s***.
Old 2013-07-26, 23:07   Link #4336
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Didn't she took down some nukes and sliced a military base in half with iron sand?
That's quite a bit more than she usually uses -> few whips of iron sand and having to personally enter facilities in order to physically destroy them.

How is that related? The Parameter List basically says the talent or effort has no meaning in powers as everything is science / money bound.

I was just pointing out to the different treatment of 2 people in the same situation.
The gifted person gets rewarded, the no-gifted person gets punished. Which is quite ironic.
No I mean she'll feel really guilty about it eventually and be depressed as a result when she realizes how cruel she is being. This is because she's the person who is shown as saying if you work hard enough you can change from level 1 to level 5... So she thinks she has the high moral ground because she works hard. I'm saying this belief will be challenged most likely in railgun season 4 & if railgun is slow then season 5 if it happens.
Old 2013-07-26, 23:20   Link #4337
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

Not to mention didn't *NT5 spoiler*
Spoiler:
which is out of her norm?
Old 2013-07-26, 23:23   Link #4338
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Not to mention didn't *NT5 spoiler*
Spoiler:
which is out of her norm?
Yes This was true.
Old 2013-07-26, 23:43   Link #4339
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Spoiler for NT 5:
Old 2013-07-27, 00:13   Link #4340
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Spoiler for NT 5:
Ah, okay. Was looking for any implications from Index for this.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen