AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-08, 06:24   Link #1
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
do u think ... (SPOILER..BIG SPOILER)

do you think that the charactors r gettin to strong to fast ???? .... look at the 4 sound nins and there abilities.... and what kiba has just done with akamaru with there new technique....naruto is being able to pull up more and more kyubi power... it looked pretty cool at 1st when the spider guy did his second form ... but then to see the 2 headed guy (him and his brother) and his new form ..and even kiba and akamaru's new 2headed beast jutsu.... lookin at what naruto having so much control over the demon fox chakra ...i'm just worried that if it keeps going the way it will... they might go in a dbz style crap ... and that would just piss me off .. and the fight sequences r soo good.. i would hate for them to go into that crappy blur fighting .. i was just wondering if anyone else have had this concern
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 06:42   Link #2
CaSe-
胸のひねること

But remember, they are still genin, and nothing compared to jounin's and some of the higher level characters.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 07:18   Link #3
Lost World
Banned

They are Ninjas, THEY TRAIN EVERYDAY. If they didn't vastly improve that would be pathetic.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 09:28   Link #4
GreyArea
Meatf***er

They arent getting too strong I dont think. Kiba will be screwed now after doing his new move, as he said, it will drain all of his chakra to perform it. Most of the genin seem to be forfeitiing their lives to defeat their opponents (at least, that what were being led to believe), which isnt what Id call 'too strong'.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 10:20   Link #5
xavier8200

Well, I think that the gennin are right on track. This is suposed to be the learning and growing stage of their training. I mean they are still fresh out of the academy. While their growth is fast, not even as a chuunin (shikamaru) no one could lay a finger on a regular Jounin. I mean if kakshi did the lesson with two bells team 7 still wouldn't be able to get them from him. (although he is an elite Jounin)

As far as people bitting the big one, rock lee got too strong too fast and look at what happened. Next is Chouji, I mean he basically ate some toxic stuff that gave him incredible power. He's not going to just piss it away like its some sort of vitamin. He's gone. Next is Kiba? I don't know, I need to see more of the fight.

Last edited by xavier8200; 2004-02-10 at 10:39.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 14:06   Link #6
fenikkusu

yea... and that is my worry.... if they r doing this at geenin .. think of what they will have them do at jounin... like poster sasuke uchiha said..... they train everyday and grow... so ..what will they have them be doing by the time they get to jounin??... i mean..its good to get better...... but the huge leaps that the manga has tacken with the 4 sound nins .... kiba's move especially ... just looks to b ig of a leap from what he was doing at the chuunin exam..... like i said ..i want them to grow of course or it wouldnt be good...but they r takin huge leaps and like i said .. i'm just worried that by the time they get to jounin they will be going in dbz direction.. wich would suck.... atleast 1st just better your moves and make them more powerful or with a veriation before giving them more advanced.. it would be good to see a bad as variation ... look at hyuuga hizashi... he still used the spinning defence .. it was just alot more powerful
Old 2004-02-09, 02:36   Link #7
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Here's the thing though.

At a standstill, and comparably equipped, a lesser man can kill a better one if he sacrifices his own life for it.

In fencing class they told me about a school of Italian fencers that would always kill better fencers...because they didn't fight to win...they just wanted to kill the other guy..so they'd run straight at him, sword extended.

In Vietnam they had women run up to armed soliders with a grenade, and take men out.

Most of the genin fights have gone that route...I may not win, but I will take you with me. Choji knew he had no choice. Neji knew he couldn't dodge. Whether or not they're actually dead, or just in need of SEVERE treatment, we don't know yet...but these aren't overly strong Genin. They draw or are completely exhausted 1 on 1.

Zabuza killed 99 other genin.

Also keep in mind...all genin are not equal. On top of that...Neji specifically could counter Kidoumaru's attacks. Choji had the brute force and the pills to deal with Jiroubou. But if they exchanged differently, Neji probably wouldn't have taken Sakon really well. Kiba wouldn't have been able to stop Kidoumaru.

The genin have had fights where they have had the advantage from the match-up.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 09:38   Link #8
realdeal
The Real Deal

actually thats wrong. Neji didnt have the advantage from matchup with his fight..his opponent was long range and that is exactly what he dont need. I dont think Sakon could do much to neji with his kaiten and he will just hit all 64 tenketsus. He seems to fight close enough for neji to pull it off.

Chouji one I dont even like that at all..take a pill..wow how original & imaginative. Kinda reminds me of dbz sensu bean..its pretty crappy. Narutos fight..well hes gonna turn kyubi mode after manga reviews his opponents history/past etc and beat him. Hes prolly then gonna run into sasuke or sasuke may help him during the fight and they make up..who knows.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 09:43   Link #9
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
actually thats wrong. Neji didnt have the advantage from matchup with his fight..his opponent was long range and that is exactly what he dont need. I dont think Sakon could do much to neji with his kaiten and he will just hit all 64 tenketsus. He seems to fight close enough for neji to pull it off.
But, in a sense, Neji did have an advantage, he just had to wait for an opening. Kidoumaru wasnt a close range fighter, so, to win, Neji had to simply get in close.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 10:32   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's not really that he had an advantage but he was the only one who hadn't a disadvantage.

Maybe fighting with Sakon would have been simpler for Neji, but no one but him could beat Kidoumaru.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 19:14   Link #11
fenikkusu

but from the kakashi zabuza fight .. we didnt see anything amazing.. and they r both supose to be sumwhat great jounins... even though it looked like kakashi was juss playin with him at the end of the fight.. i'm just saying .. especially for kiba becuase i never even imagined him has being that strong .. to do such a outragous move ... and still be so far from jounin.... like how db started ..and then look what happened in z .. and the end of dbz they was just outragously powerful.. and it got juss so crapy .... i dont wanna see that crap pulled in this anime cuz this is such a great anime.. i would like to see mental advances as well.. instead of just power andvances
Old 2004-02-09, 20:46   Link #12
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
If Naruto loose to Kimi then he would be able to have some mental advance don't you think?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 20:58   Link #13
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
um... from a genin to jounin is a huge gap.

how the hell u expect naruto and pals to be as strong as kakashi if they stay ultra weak forever?.. are u saying that its happening too fasT?! do u want to wait another year to see naruto grow a inich of improvment???

lets take a sort for example:

basket-ball

first time u learn it u suck.
u get a boring ass lecture about teamwork and crap.
u play every day. (like ninjas train everyday)
u watch pros own and u learn from them. (naruto lears from jairaya)

you take it to the test. (school competition = chunin exam)
now u are good enough to be call a b-ball player.

your goal is to aim at NBA quality.
you see it can take years, and it can also take months, depends on the ppl.

anyways i rather see them power up in like 3-4 months, instead of waiting for years from them to break the damn genin barrier... it gets boring after a while.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 23:25   Link #14
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
I said this somewhere else..

Four curse level 2 sounds barely took out two jounins.

At full power, that's about half a jounin per sound.

So, at full power, (which can't be maintained for long) the genins are around half a jounin.. I'd say that's about right for a year of progress..
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 23:36   Link #15
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Naruto doesnt have full control over kyuubi chakra. Remember that he cant control it well enough to summon either Gamabunta or some other frog.

Oh and another thing is that becoming strong doesnt just mean physical power and new jutsus. They have a long way to go in predicting the opponent's moves and fighting the so-called intelligent battle. Plus it doesnt seem like their physical chakra capacity is as large as some of the more advanced ninjas are.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 01:14   Link #16
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
Well, I think that the gennin are right on rack. This is suposed to be the learning and growing stage of their training. I ean they are still fresh out of the academy. While their growth is fast, not even as a chuunin (shikamaru) no one could lay a finger on a regular Jounin. I mean if kakshi did the lesson with two bells team 7 still wouldn't be able to get them from him.

As far as people bitting the big one, rock lee got too strong too fast and look at what happened. Next is Chouji, I mean he basically ate some toxic stuff that gave him incredible power. He's not going to just piss it away like its some sort of vitamin. He's gone. Next is Kiba? I don't know, I need to see more of the fight.
wow. i must draw the conclusion that you think

1) spell stuff right.

2) as if becoming chuunin has anything to do with being strong. they didnt give him a watch that made him stronger (FMA) or "bring out his latent abilities"

3) I think that you are wrong there... the ino shika chou abilities are made to complement one another... and if kakashi was doing it... about what the hell are you talking about. now that i reread it, it makes no damn sense. TEAM 7 DID PASS.

4) rock lee got too strong to fast? you mean the renge? the skill hurt him. not him getting too strong too fast. if you were not speaking of the lotus: you are on crack. it took him YEARS to build up that skill/stamina.

5) he ate PEPPER hence PEPPER pill. and it wasnt toxic... it was good for your temporary stamina. what "killed him" (i put killed in quotes because we dont know if he died or not... for sure anyway.) was the release of all of his calories in chakra form.

6) again. isnt old news exciting? HE didnt. and you know it. he KO'ed Jirobu. if he were to eat the pepper pill and stand around, yes you would be right. but you arent.

I hope you learn something from this instead of getting pissed off like a little kid.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 03:21   Link #17
psycho shocker

i personally dont think any of the genins are becoming strong too fast. although i havent read up the same point as you guys have i know that naruto still isnt strong enough to do much.
he may be strong yes. but the reason why he's still a genin is the fact that he needs time in order to draw on his strength. he couldnt even do a thing when itachi and his partner came after him and sasuke intervened and tried to attack itachi.
and even then, itachi who is even feared by orochimaru himself turned tail and ran as soon as jiraiya showed up to escape being trapped in gamabunta's stomach by jiraiya's genjutsu.
even though itachi is super powerful, it is only because of his sharingan, he cant use it forever and was forced to retreat from jiraiya. even if sasuke were to succeed itachi in strength and skill he would still be limited on his use of the sharingan. so i dont believe there is anything to worry about.
psycho shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 07:52   Link #18
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

They have soon reached a new power level??
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 10:41   Link #19
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
wow. i must draw the conclusion that you think

1) spell stuff right.

2) as if becoming chuunin has anything to do with being strong. they didnt give him a watch that made him stronger (FMA) or "bring out his latent abilities"

3) I think that you are wrong there... the ino shika chou abilities are made to complement one another... and if kakashi was doing it... about what the hell are you talking about. now that i reread it, it makes no damn sense. TEAM 7 DID PASS.

4) rock lee got too strong to fast? you mean the renge? the skill hurt him. not him getting too strong too fast. if you were not speaking of the lotus: you are on crack. it took him YEARS to build up that skill/stamina.

5) he ate PEPPER hence PEPPER pill. and it wasnt toxic... it was good for your temporary stamina. what "killed him" (i put killed in quotes because we dont know if he died or not... for sure anyway.) was the release of all of his calories in chakra form.

6) again. isnt old news exciting? HE didnt. and you know it. he KO'ed Jirobu. if he were to eat the pepper pill and stand around, yes you would be right. but you arent.

I hope you learn something from this instead of getting pissed off like a little kid.

HOBOBAGGINS IS THE BEST. I MEAN I WANT TO BE HIM WHEN I GROW UP. WOW. WHAT A LOOONNNNGGGG POST. Where are the emoticons??? And no Frodo baggins I am not pissed. Not at all.

Last edited by xavier8200; 2004-02-10 at 12:10.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 11:32   Link #20
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
HOBOBAGGINS IS THE BEST. I MEAN I WANT TO BE HIM WHEN I GROW UP. WOW. WHAT A LOOONNNNGGGG POST. Where are the emoticons???
.... hmm... didnt read the bottom of the post did you...the part where it tells you to
Quote:
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote