AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-18, 19:35   Link #1
c5ho

Does anyone know where I can find Slam Dunk! manga?

I've been trying to find it for a while and have only be able to find links that still work and only for a couple of volumes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 2004-07-18, 21:21   Link #2
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

Raijin Comics has released volumes 1-5 of Slam Dunk, which should be available on at least some online stores. As for future plans for this series, I've no clue, as Raijin went on hiatus "for the time being".

As this title is licensed, this is most likely the most info you will recieve here, minus direct links to buy the books (Much like this one (Amazon): Slam Dunk! Volume 01)

I hope this was at least informative, if not helpful.
Old 2004-10-03, 17:44   Link #3
ThrashSM

Slam Dunk Manga question

I've finished watching the Slam Dunk anime, and was interested in the rest of the story through the manga. I'm not sure which volume continues from the last episode of the anime. Does anyone have a website or can tell me what to look for if I want to continue on in the series through the manga after the anime is done? Thanks.
Old 2004-10-03, 18:02   Link #4
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I also recently finished Slam Dunk anime and I'm interested in the manga. Is it licensed? Is it scanslated? Why was the anime stopped where it was and not continued?

PS: Also if you know where I can get the 4th OAV that would be great
Old 2004-10-03, 18:59   Link #5
ThrashSM

The manga is licensed, but its going to take a long time before it reaches where the anime lefts off. I'm looking to see where exactly I should start reading.
Old 2004-10-03, 20:43   Link #6
Spooky-Electric

You should start reading at volume 1, just like anything else.
Old 2004-10-03, 22:02   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

I agree you should start at volume 1. I haven't watched the anime but I don't see how you can feel you got the complete picture without reading the mangaka's original vision. Anyway, that aside, the Slam Dunk! manga was licensed by Raijin Comics, but Raijin seems to have fallen apart after only a few volumes, leaving SD in limbo. The scanslations for Slam Dunk are done (the last volume came out very recently) but since it's licensed I can't tell you where to look for it. Just keep looking and hoping.