AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 22:24   Link #1961
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
My blood pressure is fine, watching Taniguchi chicken out just pisses me off. I can't tell what was more childish Avatar the Last Airbender or Code Geass, thinking about its definatly Code Geass, while Avatar also had no one die, they at least managed to tackle its theme with some maturity.

Its made clear that theirs no magical answer, only by working together can Zuko, Aang, and everyone else make peace. Code Geass on the other hand cares more about giving everyone a happy ending so they place Ohgi, as Prime minister. You might as well have Tamaki as the Prime Minister.
Hmmm I think the whole purpose of it was that both Suzaku and Lelouch had to pay a huge price in order to allow the world to move on to tomorrow. As the director noted, those two together could perform miracles literally.

Hence, because of their sacrifice everyone is now capable of living out a more happy life than they did before.

Though Kallen did note that there were still problems that had to be dealt with.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:25   Link #1962
kazumapwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
They're fake, sad to say, but don't give up hope!!

Charred, your hyperventilating now, calm down. Take a few days off now that the series is over or something, this really isn't called for I feel, just plain insults amounts to ranting now
but they are soo convincing but sadly i didn't see it when watching it
kazumapwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:25   Link #1963
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Coughing blood is a symptom for Tuberculosis, he could very well of found out that they have medication for that.
Or prolonged exposure to extreme g-forces
Spoiler for Gundam 00:
Old 2008-09-28, 22:25   Link #1964
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hmmm I think the whole purpose of it was that both Suzaku and Lelouch had to pay a huge price in order to allow the world to move on to tomorrow. As the director noted, those two together could perform miracles literally.

Hence, because of their sacrifice everyone is now capable of living out a more happy life than they did before.

Though Kallen did note that there were still problems that had to be dealt with.
Meh, Kallen's indication made me believe that thanks to those two, Suzaku and Lelouch, people themselves will work together to solve them and overcome them in the end just as he had hoped
Old 2008-09-28, 22:27   Link #1965
5_of_Spades

Aside from all this serious talk, does anyone find it weird that in the ending bits, Kallen just flipped at her hair, and it stayed up? I thought she was using some serious hair gel throughout... That doesn't really look like hair gel action to me.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:27   Link #1966
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just read a blog, and I had never thought of it before, but Lelouch's death was actually foreshadowed back in Episode 24, when Lelouch ordered Schneizel to obey "Zero" instead of "me/Lelouch". I can't believe I didn't see it before, but now that I think of it, it was quite brilliant... the Zero Reqiuem had been decided a LONG time before the final episode... I'm sure Lelouch had decided on this path before they even left the World of C. I think that's why lelouch was so uncertain when he discovered Nunnally was still alive. He knew he was going to die, but Nunnally's presence made him hesitate because he knew of their obvious mutual attachment. However, I'm glad that he kept on his "mask" until the very end.

Anyway, I have additional reasoning that supports Lelouch being dead. If Lelouch was really immortal, and suddenly got up and left the scene, I think people would notice that his corpse was gone. I mean, really. They aren't stupid after all. Not to mention I imagine that Nunnally was clutching him for a long time afterwards... she seems to be very perceptive, and given how she can tell if people are lying by holding their hand, I'm sure she would be able to tell if Lelouch were really dead or not. Her grief was about as real as it can get. Additionally, I'm sure they disposed of his body properly, like burning/cremating it. I don't think they would build a shrine to him and place his body in there intact.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:28   Link #1967
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
Aside from all this serious talk, does anyone find it weird that in the ending bits, Kallen just flipped at her hair, and it stayed up? I thought she was using some serious hair gel throughout... That doesn't really look like hair gel action to me.
Her hair is like that naturally. She gels it flat.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:29   Link #1968
nchan

Awesome series. Too bad Lulu died. Gotta get over his death.
nchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:29   Link #1969
illwill03

the ending to the show was great. i thought it was exceptional funny to see Jeremiah aka Orange-kun cultivating oranges at the end. i knew for about the past 5 or so episodes something was missing from this show. but about a little of half way point when none other then ZERO shows up, i realized why this show is so great. it was like episode 4 or 5 from season 1 when ZERO first appeared, it was then i knew this show would be epic. im glad zero was in the last ep.

and of course lelu is alive why else would Jeremiah be in the country where C.C. is and who the figure we all suspect to be lelu, instead of where Nunally is, and like juggen said C.C. just seems to be a little too happy.

i have to say that ending was very satisfying. i actually wouldnt mind seeing a unnecessary OVA showing what everyone is really doing.
illwill03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:30   Link #1970
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
But what about when she was held prisoner mid season? She actually bothered to gel her hair flat then?
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:30   Link #1971
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCLoudXX View Post
Lelouch is still alive. I'm not sure if these gifs were posted yet.

Everyone, please stop posting stupid stuff like this. It's obviously fan made and fake. if you even bothered watching the episode, you would know this.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:31   Link #1972
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I just read a blog, and I had never thought of it before, but Lelouch's death was actually foreshadowed back in Episode 24, when Lelouch ordered Schneizel to obey "Zero" instead of "me/Lelouch". I can't believe I didn't see it before, but now that I think of it, it was quite brilliant... the Zero Reqiuem had been decided a LONG time before a final episode... I'm sure Lelouch had decided on this path before they even left the World of C. I think that's why lelouch was so uncertain when he discovered Nunnally was still alive. He knew he was going to die, but Nunnally's presence made him hesitate because he knew of their obvious mutual attachment. However, I'm glad that he kept on his "mask" until the very end.

Anyway, I have additional reasoning that supports Lelouch being dead. If Lelouch was really immortal, and suddenly got up and left the scene, I think people would notice that his corpse was gone. I mean, really. They aren't stupid after all. Not to mention I imagine that Nunnally was clutching him for a long time afterwards... she seems to be very perceptive, and given how she can tell if people are lying by holding their hand, I'm sure she would be able to tell if Lelouch were really dead or not. Her grief was about as real as it can get. Additionally, I'm sure they disposed of his body properly, like burning/cremating it. I don't think they would build a shrine to him and place his body in there intact.
Uh yeah, bit slow Insanity, this was pointed out a awhile ago I think, not really elaborated on but just generally something I thought people already had in mind

Anyway, that does your reasoning no good, of course he wouldn't get up after that, but they don't really show what happened to the body afterward and depending on how long Lelouch can keep the act up in terms of portraying or keeping his death which is still unknown given how little we know of Codes and Geass in general then you throw in all kind of factors. And burning/cremating his body won't do you any good, C.C's been there and come back from that if you recall her memories of the various tortures she was put through
Old 2008-09-28, 22:31   Link #1973
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
I just read a blog, and I had never thought of it before, but Lelouch's death was actually foreshadowed back in Episode 24, when Lelouch ordered Schneizel to obey "Zero" instead of "me/Lelouch". I can't believe I didn't see it before, but now that I think of it, it was quite brilliant... the Zero Reqiuem had been decided a LONG time before the final episode... I'm sure Lelouch had decided on this path before they even left the World of C. I think that's why lelouch was so uncertain when he discovered Nunnally was still alive. He knew he was going to die, but Nunnally's presence made him hesitate because he knew of their obvious mutual attachment. However, I'm glad that he kept on his "mask" until the very end.

Yea, i've said that the Nuanally lie detector h4x was enough to shoot down Lelouch = immortal with the possible plot hole of the vs Mao geass trick

And i just realized that in Stage 25 during the mexican stand off, Suzaku said that the events of the future would have nothing to do with Lelouch. I just had to laugh because after Turn 25, he died and the future moved on without him.

I just had to express the lulz of Season 1.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:32   Link #1974
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I thought it was the other way around... are you telling me that she used hair gel that much while she was imprisoned?
Old 2008-09-28, 22:33   Link #1975
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I thought it was the other way around... are you telling me that she used hair gel that much while she was imprisoned?
Last I recalled she got the royal treatment in there, so getting gel wouldn't be too hard if she was friends with the governor general
Old 2008-09-28, 22:33   Link #1976
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
She got a dress, and that cell had no toilet. They would have to let her out occasionally.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:34   Link #1977
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uh yeah, bit slow Insanity, this was pointed out a awhile ago I think, not really elaborated on but just generally something I thought people already had in mind

Anyway, that does your reasoning no good, of course he wouldn't get up after that, but they don't really show what happened to the body afterward and depending on how long Lelouch can keep the act up in terms of portraying or keeping his death which is still unknown given how little we know of Codes and Geass in general then you throw in all kind of factors. And burning/cremating his body won't do you any good, C.C's been there and come back from that if you recall her memories of the various tortures she was put through
I can't help it. I go away for five minutes and about 5 pages are added in that time... mere mortals such as I... how can we be expected to keep up?
Old 2008-09-28, 22:34   Link #1978
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I can't help it. I go away for five minutes and about 5 pages are added in that time... mere mortals such as I... how can we be expected to keep up?
You do what I do, constantly shift back and forth and never leave. It's hard but it comes in handy with these forums, specially if I'm the main contributor to them pushing forward so fast
Old 2008-09-28, 22:35   Link #1979
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

did anyone find that Lelouch and C.C. are simular too Light and Ryuke from Death Note?

Light - Tryin to make the world a better place with his Death Note
Lelouch - Tryin to make the world a better place with his Geass

C.C. - Helping Lelouch reach his goal and loves Pizza more than everything. and is immortal
Ryuke - Helping Light(Sorta) reach his goal and loves Apples more than anything, and is also immortal

Both Ryuke and C.C. were both seen last with a Mysterious person.

anyone find this oddly simular?

not to mention the makers made both Code Geass and Death Note, or am I wrong?
Old 2008-09-28, 22:36   Link #1980
KrimzonStriker

No more Death Note comparisons dang it!! <_<