AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 07:30   Link #101
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
gooral might drop the manga after seeing that miria magically summons a claymore (there wasn't one on the ground). her mouthskills seem awesome though
That's my complaint as well. That sword just magically appears to make it more dramatic.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:33   Link #102
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, it really should have been shown on the ground beforehand. Though its quite plausible there are more then a few swords laying around after most of the rebellion got insta-gibbed by the Resurrected 3. Not to mention she just helped the twins.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:34   Link #103
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
That's my complaint as well. That sword just magically appears to make it more dramatic.
Weren't there many swords on the ground from all those current warriors that were cut down? Perhaps Miria purposely covered one over her body as she lay on the ground?
Old 2011-11-02, 07:46   Link #104
Ryus
The One Eyed King

The magicial sword summons of Miria was bullshit. You witness Hysteria tossing Mirias sword away and rasing her own to finish off Miria an on the the next page Miria has it in her mouth and in Hysterias neck.

As to the Cassandras vs Roxanne fight... her form wasn't bad but the flying heads looked stupid and worse they bit off limbs whole rather then where they bit with their teeth

Also did Roxanne lose her hair... she looked weird with only one tail

You all make it sound like Dae just gave up on life with that translation and it seems contrary to the plan he had before he ever gained Priscillas arm... oddly he now seems to be doing Rubels work for him... I was hoping for a confrontation between the two. A guy on another form traslated that the 3 where awakened this whole time, which explains a bit why Hysteria was so conceited with only killing Miria even if she didn't know. This still doesn't explain why Roxanne had remember but no one else had... I supose yagi just did it to shorten there intros, crying shame if true

Sigh waiting for the translation... however sereis seems close to ending now imho based on dae doing rubels work for him
Old 2011-11-02, 07:46   Link #105
Nixl

Cassandra's form is not what I would have expected. It is different then what we have seen, but still very different. The sword did come out of no where, but the scene was a lot better than I thought it would be. The spoilers made things seem really really strange and incoherent. Overall, I just hate Cassandra's heads.

Edit: This chapter was so-so for me personally. My reasons for not liking it is not because of the sword or the pacing so much as I doubt Miria will partially transform against Hysteria akin to what Claire did against Rigardo and I was hoping for that type of fight. I seriously doubt that will happen now. If all 3 are awakening then next chapter will probably just be about getting the hell out of there with the chibimores.

I did like the Cassandra and Roxanne interaction only because I think it further shows there is no redemption for Roxanne. That and, this chapter seems to imply that the resurrections are imperfect or at least designed in a way that will make them awaken.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-11-02 at 07:57.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:55   Link #106
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
The magicial sword summons of Miria was bullshit. You witness Hysteria tossing Mirias sword away and rasing her own to finish off Miria an on the the next page Miria has it in her mouth and in Hysterias neck.
The blade in Miria's mouth wasn't hers.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:56   Link #107
racjona

raw is out
Old 2011-11-02, 07:58   Link #108
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
The blade in Miria's mouth wasn't hers.
You make it sound like picking up a sword from the Claymores whom Yagi was too lazy to draw is any better...
Old 2011-11-02, 08:01   Link #109
Tom Bombadil

Quote:

You all make it sound like Dae just gave up on life with that translation and it seems contrary to the plan he had before he ever gained Priscillas arm... oddly he now seems to be doing Rubels work for him... I was hoping for a confrontation between the two. A guy on another form traslated that the 3 where awakened this whole time, which explains a bit why Hysteria was so conceited with only killing Miria even if she didn't know. This still doesn't explain why Roxanne had remember but no one else had... I supose yagi just did it to shorten there intros, crying shame if true
this is what was said by Dae at the bottom of the page of 27.

組織はどの道終わりだよ
全ての戦士に離反された時点で勝負はついてる
仮にこの場を我々が生き延びても 組織が再び機能する事は不可能だ
ならば最後に私は見たいだよ
我々の生み出した最高傑作の姿をな
Old 2011-11-02, 08:01   Link #110
Nixl

Wait, they were awakened or at least at the edge of it the entire time Ryus? That's interesting, so then Dae must have something else planned.

Also, I need to see the raw again, but was the sword from one of the twins or the Claymores snubbed?

Hmmm
Old 2011-11-02, 08:06   Link #111
Demon6666

Quote:
You make it sound like picking up a sword from the Claymores whom Yagi was too lazy to draw is any better...
I'm merely stating what i observed in the raw. Besides, the dialogue once translated will hopefully explain this situation a little better. We should reserve judgment until then.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:12   Link #112
Double_friedman

Weird chapter. Pretty stupid that Miria is able to hold a Claymore with her teeth, the same Claymore that dislocate Claire's arm. However that proves that Miria just won by chance, and I am ok with that situation.
Roxanne and Cass interaction was fine. At least this chapter sped up things :/
Old 2011-11-02, 08:12   Link #113
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Wait, they were awakened or at least at the edge of it the entire time Ryus? That's interesting, so then Dae must have something else planned.

Also, I need to see the raw again, but was the sword from one of the twins or the Claymores snubbed?
On page 20 part of a symbol was visiable...

On my cell atm... can't copy paste what he wrote about them being awakened this whole time. Sorry

And I just realized on page 25 Cassandra is grouping Roxanne... I wonder if she's now in love with her again? I'm being serious since awakening could cause one not to care about there past or at least be able to move on from it. The idea of a AO lesbains is ok maybe I'm looking too hard for something good in the chapter

It would explain why she didn't just out right kill her and licked her head... just saying
Old 2011-11-02, 08:12   Link #114
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
. We should reserve judgment until then.
Reserve judgment? I am not sure that is going to happen anytime soon, most people made their judgments yesterday based on the spoilers.

We go from text spoilers to translated Chinese/Japanese and days later an English scanlation. Even if the English translations states that Miria's planned it all with the oral skills, people will just base there judgment on summaries and untranslated images first. First impressions matter the most. It is why someone rates the chapter a 1 based on text alone before ever reading it.

Reserving judgment is impossible.

Edit: @Ryus, It is all good. I am guessing the most important part of this chapter is the conversation between Rubel and Dae.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:27   Link #115
Ryus
The One Eyed King

There is 47 active viewers on this page right now, lolz

Edit: Now 42
Old 2011-11-02, 08:31   Link #116
Newhope

Chapter wasn't as bad as I was expecting don't even mind how Hysteria died.

My only complaints.

1.Yagi should have drawn the sword/swords on the ground before hand so it didn't look like it appeared out of no where just sloppy work really.

2.No way should anybody have the strength in there neck or jaw to use a claymore like that, would have been better if Miria had planted the sword in the ground and Hysteria had impaled herself.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:37   Link #117
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
2.No way should anybody have the strength in there neck or jaw to use a claymore like that, would have been better if Miria had planted the sword in the ground and Hysteria had impaled herself.
You say that like Claymores aren't capable of ridiculous physical feats already. I doubt she could get much force behind it, but it isn't unbelievable she could stab someone with it considering the physical power of high-ranked Claymores.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:38   Link #118
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Hysteria move ( by attacking miria when she is not aware) is wonderful. Now this is the type of attack that Irene wanted to make on Teresa ( by using pris). And we can see that works it perfectly. Suddenly I respect hysteria a lot more.

I don’t get it why roxane attacks so reckless cassandra that way. She should go for 50 % yoki release right on. It makes her stupid and she is better than that

I don’t like the roxane awakening. She is 1 true villain and now she will die in the next months. This manga really needs bad guys like that. The mib are also bad guys ( destroyed hundreds of families) but we don’t really see that. yagi can still pull out something like this is just a miria dream or wish( like galateia have said) and rubel has gone mad( just another crazy guy). So in the end the org is really trying to defend the humans this way. Even the yoma factory can be easily explained as research laboratory to make better soldiers. This is different from what we have seen with roxane – we know for sure that she is a really bad guy. We are jus hoping that yagi don’t change the rules for the org – but he can still change that, making them good guys. Well, it would be cool if this happened, it would be craizy.

Cassandra ability while she is human is a lot prettier than her awakened form. Her awakened form seems like a normal awakened like riful, nothing special.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:48   Link #119
Ulquihorror

LMAO the laughing prostitute spoiler was true LOLOOLOL
Old 2011-11-02, 08:51   Link #120
ReverseReasoning
Perriah of Inquiry

I've been lurking for a few months now, still amazed by how people analyze claymore-worldly stuff. I honestly do not think that Yagi is getting sloppier. It's probably more on us wanting things to go the way we want to. In my opinion, claymore is still every bit as good years ago(except for the part the Audrey and Rachel are still alive).
Closed Thread