AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-03, 08:32   Link #3001
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Rather funny that there are no raws...
No one is interested in ripping what is essentially already 3 years old. They'll probably show up on the theoretical dates of airing for new eps to see if they should rip.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:37   Link #3002
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
No one is interested in ripping what is essentially already 3 years old. They'll probably show up on the theoretical dates of airing for new eps to see if they should rip.
Why not ? Someone said that there is also a new ending (full version of dance from DVD) and some changes in episodes. Yeah, I have my LE DVD-Box, but I don't mind to watch some episodes again (only couple).
Old 2009-04-03, 08:38   Link #3003
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
I suppose it's still circumstantial, but arguably there will not be a season 2 since Haruhi season 1 is now filled to the length of 28 episodes. It remains to be seen if Saitama would be correct and this email response is not doctored.
Afterall, season two was "cancelled". I just hope the DVDs don't include S1 episodes on them as well, that would both suck and be a bad move on Kadokwaw's part.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:40   Link #3004
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Afterall, season two was "cancelled". I just hope the DVDs don't include S1 episodes on them as well, that would both suck and be a bad move on Kadokwaw's part.
Lol, that's a good idea to earn extra money. Especially if they will mix old and new episodes at each disc.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:47   Link #3005
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Okay, a raw was uploaded somewhere... to Nico.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:50   Link #3006
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Lol, that's a good idea to earn extra money. Especially if they will mix old and new episodes at each disc.
It'd be a good idea in terms of earning money, yes, but it'd also be a bad idea because:

~Most fans already have the entire series (like myself) and are going to be unwilling to spend shit-loads of money just to get what they already have and then some unless it contains LOADS upon LOADS of extras and never before seen material.

However, Kadokawa is a business, and, like all businesses, are out to make as much money as they can, and this is the best way to make that much money.
Old 2009-04-03, 08:54   Link #3007
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sigh. Come to think of it, such list has been around for some time nevertheless. At any rate, let's see how things will turn out...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-04-03, 08:54   Link #3008
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Okay, a raw was uploaded somewhere... to Nico.
Yes, ~20 hours ago.
Old 2009-04-03, 09:04   Link #3009
Mitheor

Has this been posted before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVq85-rDlwk

Kadokawa playing with us again ...
Old 2009-04-03, 13:08   Link #3010
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
28 eps could just mean all 14 eps played out twice
Won't happen. Not that dumb. Don't think it and it won't come true.

Quote:
Depressing. Wanted to watch old episode for old time's sake.

Oh well. Old episode will be up on YouTube on the 15th anyway. Hopefully subbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitheor View Post
Has this been posted before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVq85-rDlwk

Kadokawa playing with us again ...
Peanutbutter uploaded video already, if recall proves correct.
Old 2009-04-03, 15:45   Link #3011
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm.

Thinking about it, "Snow Mountain Syndrome" and "Where Did the Cat Go?" have an unusual placement problem. While Where Did the Cat Go? is a nice ending piece that is sort of fluffy and doesn't hurt anything, it does come right after Snow Mountain Syndrome (same trip). This trip is mentioned as in the palnning stages in Disappearance. Yet the hint of future antagonists shows up in Snow Mountain for what would be the next season. This makes it difficult is where to put it. Do you put it with Disappearance due to the trip plot thread, or with Intrigues/Dissociation plotlines due to the new antagonists? Because if this, Where Did the Cat Go?, does it fit where?
Old 2009-04-03, 15:57   Link #3012
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmm.

Thinking about it, "Snow Mountain Syndrome" and "Where Did the Cat Go?" have an unusual placement problem. While Where Did the Cat Go? is a nice ending piece that is sort of fluffy and doesn't hurt anything, it does come right after Snow Mountain Syndrome (same trip). This trip is mentioned as in the palnning stages in Disappearance. Yet the hint of future antagonists shows up in Snow Mountain for what would be the next season. This makes it difficult is where to put it. Do you put it with Disappearance due to the trip plot thread, or with Intrigues/Dissociation plotlines due to the new antagonists? Because if this, Where Did the Cat Go?, does it fit where?
Always assumed plot thread in Snow Mountain was originally intended more for mindfucking than any real buildup.

Besides, leaves strong impression in mind for third season.
Old 2009-04-03, 16:09   Link #3013
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I would not fucking buy a single new DVD if they pulled off that kind of crap. The companies can say goodbye to their income then. I'll just pirate the entire set of new episodes in that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Depressing. Wanted to watch old episode for old time's sake.
...what's the difference between watching a RAW of the same content uploaded at the moment compared to 3 years ago?
Old 2009-04-03, 16:21   Link #3014
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...what's the difference between watching a RAW of the same content uploaded at the moment compared to 3 years ago?
Don't have DVD versions of episodes. Besides, why not watch when episodes are given on a silver platter?
Old 2009-04-03, 16:54   Link #3015
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...To make yourself feel a bit of nostalgia...
Old 2009-04-03, 17:51   Link #3016
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
...To make yourself feel a bit of nostalgia...
You could just watch it online and pretend they're the new RAW's.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:57   Link #3017
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't have the corrected scenes.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:00   Link #3018
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wouldn't have the corrected scenes.
Exact sentiments. Want to watch Mikuru fall on her ass trying to flirt with Koizumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Kadokawa had a longer version and the words are different. More of a weekly episode thing.
Good to know. Thank you for always uploading interesting and relevant videos, however.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:48   Link #3019
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I feel I should be happy, but I'm not. More like worn out and relieved.

Kadokawa has been pulling off this fan-disservice for way too long, and now they are finally going to release the second season? Moreover, they think they can keep this thing a secret from everyone when the number of broadcast episodes gives everything away. I know money talks in business but Kadokawa needs to learn how to respect their customers.

*sigh* Anyway, since the second season is very likely to be released soon, as a casual viewer who doesn't find the first season the "Manifestation of God" I'll just shut up and appreciate it for what it is rather than a product of the money gained from trolling die-hard Haruhiists (of which I am not part of).
Old 2009-04-03, 19:26   Link #3020
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm just happy it seems like we're getting new episodes.

It seems Kadokawa is tying it in with the 1st season to make it more comprehendable to new viewers....or they used subterfuge as a dump stat.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen