AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 09:15   Link #41
p-kun

At this point, the inability of bullets to hit L-11 can only be explained by a super power similar to accelerator.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:45   Link #42
queenSwild

Found some info on L-Elf and Liselotte based on this image:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here is a translation provided by someone on 4chan:
Spoiler for L-Elf info:
Old 2013-06-10, 17:18   Link #43
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post

Images

Spoiler for L-Elf info:
Hmm, I wonder when this coup d'etat happens and how it all figures into the plot will be interesting to see. I hope they have a lot more exposition on Dorssia and the politics of this world. And they talk about paying attention to L-11's emotions. Who doesn't? He doesn't show that many, so when he does, you know something's going down.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-15, 11:14   Link #44
mirahh

Quote:

Images

Spoiler for L-Elf info:
I'm really interested in learning more about his relationship with Liselotte. He obviously feels very strongly about her; I wonder if some of those feelings are of romantic nature? Something tells me that we're going to wait until season 2.
Old 2013-06-16, 06:51   Link #45
zztop

Rewatched ep 1 of Valvrave today:

Wonder what L-11 meant when he said, 'I win again, Liselotte', after brutally slaughtering Haruto then.
Do you think he's referring to a metaphorical win, or something more literal(and gory, like a hunter vs hunted game?)
Old 2013-06-16, 07:42   Link #46
~BC~

It was meant to signify a philosophical win, IMO. Haruto's desire to avoid fighting has been linked with Liselotte via the comment (about halves) that got L-Elf off track at the elevator. In the end, while Haruto claimed to understand L-Elf's POV he still failed to recognize him as an enemy which lead to his "death" thus the "I win.." statement. Just my take.
Old 2013-06-16, 08:29   Link #47
Destined_Fate

Or L-Elf was mocking Lisotte's half/half thing as he clearly is a take all or nothing type of person now.
Old 2013-06-21, 11:21   Link #48
Fjoergyn

It is possible that L-11 has been abused during their stay in academia or in its infancy, it is unfortunately that has not been addressed his past in this season
Old 2013-06-22, 02:33   Link #49
zztop

Re ep 11 and Cain's surprise move:

I'm still unsure if this means L-11 had truly failed to predict Cain and co.'s surprise intrusion into the module, or if L-11 knew of the attack but purposely let them enter so he could dispose of Cain in one go.

PS. Will the student(L-11) be able to outsmart the master(Cain)?
Old 2013-06-22, 02:38   Link #50
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I think as long as Lise isn't involved in anything, he won't failed.
Old 2013-06-22, 03:26   Link #51
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Re ep 11 and Cain's surprise move:

I'm still unsure if this means L-11 had truly failed to predict Cain and co.'s surprise intrusion into the module, or if L-11 knew of the attack but purposely let them enter so he could dispose of Cain in one go.

PS. Will the student(L-11) be able to outsmart the master(Cain)?
I've been going back and forth on this and I think I'm going to go with he didn't predict Cain's attack. He just said last episode that the outcome of the Prime Minister election aligns with his goals. In other words for the time being he needs New JIOR to continue to exist. I'm reminded of the three words he said in ep. 3.

Influence. Idealism. Obedience.

I think he wants the module to continue to exist as a symbol of hope (to fan the flames of rebellion). So Cain possibly destroying it or taking it over does not suit his purposes.

Also there's a segment from the OP for Haruto that finally appeared in the episode (where he's lying on the bed). I've a feeling where going to see the cut of L-Elf standing sadly in the rain in the next episode. It could be due to things not working out as planned after all.
Old 2013-06-22, 05:20   Link #52
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I've been going back and forth on this and I think I'm going to go with he didn't predict Cain's attack. He just said last episode that the outcome of the Prime Minister election aligns with his goals. In other words for the time being he needs New JIOR to continue to exist. I'm reminded of the three words he said in ep. 3.

Influence. Idealism. Obedience.

I think he wants the module to continue to exist as a symbol of hope (to fan the flames of rebellion). So Cain possibly destroying it or taking it over does not suit his purposes.

Also there's a segment from the OP for Haruto that finally appeared in the episode (where he's lying on the bed). I've a feeling where going to see the cut of L-Elf standing sadly in the rain in the next episode. It could be due to things not working out as planned after all.
OK.
It was just what Cain said that struck me as odd, when he said 'Luring in the enemy to annihilate them in one go...you've(L-11) been listening to my lectures, but this still makes you too easy to predict'.
I was just unsure on this part if it meant that L-11 had intentionally allowed Cain to attack so Cain could be killed, but Cain had also anticipated L-11's move, being his mentor & tutor .
Old 2013-06-22, 08:30   Link #53
galdr

I think L-Elf predicted Cain's attack and prepare to ambush him. He did set up tons of traps in the school before.
Though Cain will completely derail L-Elf plan by using his Vampire power.

As for sharing his life with Liselotte, it can end in 2 ways:
-L-Elf giving his life to complete Dorssia liberation thus returning the half life back to Liselotte. (most likely option)
-Liselotte sacrifice herself for L-Elf thus giving her whole life to L-Elf. She will tell him to live for himself since he doesn't share his life with Liselotte anymore. (possible but unlikely)
Old 2013-06-22, 11:22   Link #54
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirahh View Post
I'm really interested in learning more about his relationship with Liselotte. He obviously feels very strongly about her; I wonder if some of those feelings are of romantic nature? Something tells me that we're going to wait until season 2.
He is this animes Lelouch Lamperouge. There is a possibility Lisolette could be his sister, cousin, half-sister.

If L-elf doing this because he has romantic feelings for a girl he only met once or once-in-a-while or is this a Nunnally type fixation? Is she a sister who didn't recognize him? Was he imprisoned because he was hidden away in secrecy? Does he fight so hard because he is the rightful king? Why were the soldiers trying to kill him?

Dorssia appears to have suffered a military coup, which resulted with the entire royal family being killed except for a single girl.

Last edited by mechalord; 2013-06-22 at 11:36.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:12   Link #55
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
OK.
It was just what Cain said that struck me as odd, when he said 'Luring in the enemy to annihilate them in one go...you've(L-11) been listening to my lectures, but this still makes you too easy to predict'.
I was just unsure on this part if it meant that L-11 had intentionally allowed Cain to attack so Cain could be killed, but Cain had also anticipated L-11's move, being his mentor & tutor .

Cain could also be referring to the fact that L-Elf had the module move so that the attacking Dorssians would break formation and follow them, making it easier for Haruto to use his Harakiri blade to destroy most of the ships. In essence L-Elf "lured in the enemy to annihilate them".
Old 2013-06-22, 23:05   Link #56
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
He is this animes Lelouch Lamperouge. There is a possibility Lisolette could be his sister, cousin, half-sister.

If L-elf doing this because he has romantic feelings for a girl he only met once or once-in-a-while or is this a Nunnally type fixation? Is she a sister who didn't recognize him? Was he imprisoned because he was hidden away in secrecy? Does he fight so hard because he is the rightful king? Why were the soldiers trying to kill him?

Dorssia appears to have suffered a military coup, which resulted with the entire royal family being killed except for a single girl.
I don't think that L-Elf is royalty. In the scan I posted above, it said that L-Elf's parents were killed by the guards that were chasing him when he ran away from that Dorssian prison or concentration camp.

While Liselotte's mother was still alive since Liselotte quoted her words when she first met L-Elf. Although, I'm not sure where Liselotte's father was, he is probably still alive in the present day because he has something to do with the king's faction that was introduced in episode 10.

I hope we get more information on Dorssia's situation in the second cour though, because I am still pretty confused.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2013-06-22 at 23:21.
Old 2013-06-23, 05:41   Link #57
zztop

Quote:
I hope we get more information on Dorssia's situation in the second cour though, because I am still pretty confused.
Season 2 will DEFINITELY have to provide answers for this and a whole lot more, considering the many questions they've raised in Season 1.
Old 2013-06-25, 19:21   Link #58
queenSwild

Found a relationship chart on 4chan that possibly answers some questions on L-Elf and Liselotte's relationship.
Spoiler for Relationship Chart:
Old 2013-06-26, 02:01   Link #59
Irenesharda

Quote:
Found a relationship chart on 4chan that possibly answers some questions on L-Elf and Liselotte's relationship.
Spoiler for Relationship Chart:
I wish we could see the rest of the chart (w/translation ). I see they reveal the Fuhrer's name and why am I not surprised that his last name is "Dorssia"?
I'm getting Code Geass vibes all over again.

"Amadeus K. Dorssia", hmm? I wonder what the "K" stands for?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-26, 08:07   Link #60
Fjoergyn

Family, but they did not know each and L-elf had their parents

It makes little sense
Closed Thread

Tags
characters