AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 23:47   Link #101
TrueKnight

First episode wins. Youtube wins!

Gonzo, after a crap season with Dragonaut, you've won me again. This show is way better than Ragnarok from the first 1. Lol @ Star Wars referrence
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 23:59   Link #102
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
So, for those that don't know, there's an ura (reverse) version of episode 1. The video on demand free streaming site GyaO had a totally different version of episode 1 for Druaga compared to TV stations and the english streams. Instead of going into Jil's dream, the entire episode is centered on what's happening to the party and other characters in the show while he was dreaming. It's probably a better indicator of what the series is going to be like, it's still mostly a comedy show, but more toned down. It wasn't as enjoyable as the actual ep1, but there were some good moments. The design of the areas in the tower itself are great too.
Does anybody know if Gonzo also plan to release this version subbed via Youtube? I'm satisfied on how they handled the Jill's dream version. And would support them if by any chance they decide to upload the other version.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 00:06   Link #103
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Hm, this was a pretty good start. Didn't expect the series to be funny (well, at the very least I didn't expect it to be a total parody at first), but it was a good laugh nevertheless. Didn't notice the "I'm going to get married" joke until the second time they did it.

lol for tentacle rape~
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 00:21   Link #104
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
I was actually lol'ing the first time they did it, as its common in those type of shows where a death flag is put on you if you wish to do something after the battle. Not to mention that that particular revelation literally coming out of nowhere, and the fact that the main character commented on it, just put the scene to absurdity levels when Utu got stabbed. I was literally thinking, I'm supposed to be feeling sorry for the guy since so far its a serious show, but I just can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Little did I know then it wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place. XD

And sonic blade? When he commented before sonic arrow was a lame name? lol

Absolutely hilarious for me. I really hope they continue on the comedy, as it was wonderful. But looking at it, it seems to be taking a more serious tone in second episode, but one can always hope, no?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 01:22   Link #105
karasuma

The eva reference and the lacus clyne speech crack me up..

Also, the tenticle scene is funny too. There are too many of them.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 01:35   Link #106
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
It took me until about the halfway point to realize that it was actually a paraody, and that it wasn't some messed up belated April Fool's Joke.

But it got me laughing, and I hope they continue on the comedy path, they did pretty well.

(To watch the Ura version or not...)
Old 2008-04-05, 01:51   Link #107
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Just watch it through Google Translate Tool. Did it to try crunchyroll's version
Hey, wow, that's a great trick. and totally works. Watching the youtube version. (I guess google translate works like a sort of open web proxy... slow as heck, but then again I just wait for the video to load fully before playing and it works).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 01:56   Link #108
skyablaze

Wow I was very impressed by the first episode, hope they continue with the comedy although the next episode looked kinda serious.
skyablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 02:19   Link #109
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i seriously laughed for about 5 minutes when i got to the tentacle rape part. i wasn't expecting this to be this light hearted at all. i was expecting escaflowne mk ii
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 03:07   Link #110
poptart
come tess me now!!

watched it and i have to say i enjoyed it.

it sorta had that TTGL feel to it. i have been looking for something over the top so this is good.

though i wonder if they will continue to put them up on youtube. i'd rather archive them then watch them on craptube. i wish stage6 was still up. D:
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:14   Link #111
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

If it's not wrong to ask, is there a place you can get the alternate version subbed? Or maybe they're looking to keep it as a dvd "exclusive" or something...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:31   Link #112
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Does anybody know if Gonzo also plan to release this version subbed via Youtube? I'm satisfied on how they handled the Jill's dream version. And would support them if by any chance they decide to upload the other version.
It's on YouTube Japan along with Blassreiter. Druaga's site on YouTube Japan is here.
Old 2008-04-05, 05:47   Link #113
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
How is anime suki going to treat this? are fansubs allowed? are you going to list it as licensed or fansub or maybe a new category?
At the moment it's going to be treated as licensed. We will not list fansubs (since it's available to view at BOST, CR, YouTube) but links to the official sites are allowed.

Last edited by xris; 2008-04-05 at 05:55. Reason: Corrected the CR link, thanks orion.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:50   Link #114
orion

This is the CR page for Druaga.
Old 2008-04-05, 06:05   Link #115
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

1- Why no OP/ED translation, Gonzo?

2- Wow, return to form for Gonzo perhaps? The last true 'must watch' show from them IMO, was Seto no Hanayome and Welcome to NHK. I hope the production value and writing doesn't go down the gutter like it often does.

3- Pretty decent music too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 06:13   Link #116
cyth
Banned

Finally watched the "HQ" CR encode. I think the series has orz-comedy potential, but the animation quality was not fitting for the things they wanted done. The unsure seiyuu voices fit the WTF atmosphere of this first episode, I expect them to do a bit better in the future. Character designs were kind of nice, OP/ED theme songs were among the best of sequences... I don't have much of an idea in what direction they'll take this, but it's got some potential to bring GONZO back into the spotlight.

GyaO's role in this distribution setting is an interesting one. I'd like to see that episode streamed worldwide as well, I just hope it doesn't delay the episode count for a week. DVD-only might work.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 07:11   Link #117
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
1- Why no OP/ED translation, Gonzo?
BOST TV said that there was a problem obtaining copyright permission to do this.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:28   Link #118
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

OMG..Finally The Show I been Witting For is here...^.^
Well..I'm Gonna Wait For Torrent
Old 2008-04-05, 12:06   Link #119
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i got "Sorry, legal restrictions prevent us from letting you download this file. =("
when trying to download the cruchyroll xvid version.. anyone know something about this?
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:23   Link #120
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
i got "Sorry, legal restrictions prevent us from letting you download this file. =("
when trying to download the cruchyroll xvid version.. anyone know something about this?
If you're not a Japanese resident, try different browsers. I had the same problem with Firefox, used Internet Explorer and it worked. I hear switching User Agents might work.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg