AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 16:34   Link #2361
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Didn't watch 11eyes actually. Dropped it at the first episode. Is it worth continuing or is like Chaos Head where romance takes a back seat??
Believe me, don't watch it.
Old 2009-12-28, 17:22   Link #2362
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You COULD skim through it but then again...it isn't all that great compared to White Album. But Shiori! Her cuteness! It can't be missed....*gets smashed in the head by a hammer*

There should be a live action version of this anime. But to recreate the retro-imagery of the 1980s might be a little tough, though Japanese modern tastes, IMO, incorporate quite a number of fads in it. Girls don't wear elastic bands over their long hairs like how Tomoyo from Clannad, or Yuki for that matter, anymore.

I think the nostalgia present could draw audience and make this a hit, but there is a need to make the animation more accurate. Yuki was playing on practically all white keys when the song has got 5 flats/sharps.

P.S Shiroth, I was wondering if that girl in your avatar is a moe-fied version of Persona 3 Portable's female MC.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 01:41   Link #2363
crayven

Where's my Secret Chaos.
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 03:28   Link #2364
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yuki ending? More like NO ending, m i rite. I mean, seriously, NOTHING got resolved relationshipwise other than Touya just realizing his psychological quirks and traumas. For all we know, he never hooks up with Yuki again. GOOD END.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 14:56   Link #2365
Mazryonh

Even after this entire series, the one thing second to my disappointment about Yayoi's "route" is my lack of misunderstanding about Mana:

What on earth was her problem?!

She's a petulant girl who supposedly is "of college and consenting age," but often acts like a spoiled preteen who gets her way or throws a tantrum, never using her higher brain centres to think things through or talk them through. She is very resistant to the concept of saying thank you or owing someone, and constantly berates and orders Touya around. From the way it looks (and how it seems she doesn't have an altruistic bone in her body) I wouldn't be surprised if in her ending for the games she puts a leash on Touya and makes him her "boy toy."

Part of this could be due to the fact that her mother isn't around enough to use a strong hand with her (her Mother could be one of those parents who think that material support is a viable substitute for emotional and psychological support). Her belittling attitude towards men could also be a consequence of the fact that Mana's mother is divorced, with her sister going off to her father.

Given all that, I find it hard to believe that Mana's capable of a mature relationship with Touya, or if she's doomed to treat men she's interested in as something akin to what the Romans used to call a "body slave" (an indentured servant who is bound to your every whim, both praise and abuse, and follows you closely all the time). Can someone with knowledge of her route in the games fill me in on this part of her personality which was not very well explained in the anime?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:27   Link #2366
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Believe me, don't watch it.
Sounds good. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Even after this entire series, the one thing second to my disappointment about Yayoi's "route" is my lack of misunderstanding about Mana:

What on earth was her problem?!

She's a petulant girl who supposedly is "of college and consenting age," but often acts like a spoiled preteen who gets her way or throws a tantrum, never using her higher brain centres to think things through or talk them through. She is very resistant to the concept of saying thank you or owing someone, and constantly berates and orders Touya around. From the way it looks (and how it seems she doesn't have an altruistic bone in her body) I wouldn't be surprised if in her ending for the games she puts a leash on Touya and makes him her "boy toy."

Part of this could be due to the fact that her mother isn't around enough to use a strong hand with her (her Mother could be one of those parents who think that material support is a viable substitute for emotional and psychological support). Her belittling attitude towards men could also be a consequence of the fact that Mana's mother is divorced, with her sister going off to her father.

Given all that, I find it hard to believe that Mana's capable of a mature relationship with Touya, or if she's doomed to treat men she's interested in as something akin to what the Romans used to call a "body slave" (an indentured servant who is bound to your every whim, both praise and abuse, and follows you closely all the time). Can someone with knowledge of her route in the games fill me in on this part of her personality which was not very well explained in the anime?
I thought Mana's "anime route" was well explored. You learned enough about her to understand her. You just said why she acts the way she does and we learned about it in both seasons.

Just remember how she acted towards the final episodes:
Spoiler:
Besides, every mean thing she said to him and how she acted towards him was pretty justified.

As for the game...I don't know. I looked at the CGs (the character designs changed a fair amount but the clothes stayed the same [so did Yayoi's hotness, dayamn]) and saw nothing about him being a boy toy or anything. But I doubt the gallery was complete since there were so few images compared to other series.
Old 2009-12-30, 18:57   Link #2367
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well i guess its time for me leave my finally thoughts i have been digesting the final episode for 2 days now. Almost have my thoughts together will edit this post later with my thoughts.
Old 2009-12-30, 19:38   Link #2368
Demifall

anyone know when the ost is coming out?
Demifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 04:38   Link #2369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demifall View Post
anyone know when the ost is coming out?
I wish i knew, though there seems to be no release date at all.

All we have are character and drama CD's.
Old 2010-01-01, 17:36   Link #2370
prototype_sky

100% Yuki ending I think not. He'd be more likely make back up with the receptionist at the college . It feels more like a reboot ending where he is now a good friend with benefits with all of his goddesses
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 18:22   Link #2371
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Okay I just watched a movie which everyone who liked White Album will enjoy...500 Days of Summer.

And it was a Yuki ending because she had no closure. The usual "end" holds little meaning to this series.
Old 2010-01-02, 10:52   Link #2372
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for big. Warning : moe:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 12:26   Link #2373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow Mana looks young there.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:59   Link #2374
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow Mana looks young there.
Yeah. More loli than moe. In the VN I think she was only there to satisfy those who liked lolis though. Has anyone found a place that outlines the VN at all?

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-01-03 at 00:41.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 00:36   Link #2375
cero_86

Quote:
Okay I just watched a movie which everyone who liked White Album will enjoy...500 Days of Summer.

And it was a Yuki ending because she had no closure. The usual "end" holds little meaning to this series.
so I went and DL the movie now I feel depressed tx
cero_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 01:04   Link #2376
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
You should try watching 5 Centimeters per Second
Old 2010-01-03, 01:34   Link #2377
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
I'd feel bad for you if you legally obtained the movie and watched it, but since you downloaded instead of spending a few dollars, I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
You should try watching 5 Centimeters per Second
Yeah, that's a really sweet and tender movie. Very heart warming, and should fit you perfectly, Cero.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:39   Link #2378
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:

Yeah, that's a really sweet and tender movie. Very heart warming, and should fit you perfectly, Cero.
5 cm per second is Heart Warming? More like heart destroying... it supercedes heart breaking to such a degree..

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 05:05   Link #2379
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
5 cm per second is Heart Warming? More like heart destroying... it supercedes heart breaking to such a degree..
It's heart warming in a sense, but yeah more heart destroying at the end of the day.
Old 2010-01-03, 09:47   Link #2380
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I was actually hoping he'd watch it thinking it'd be heart warming since he downloaded a movie that he could have rented for a few dollars.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen