AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-17, 01:18   Link #9541
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Why can't we have lina.back that is all I want, not because of any shipping but she simply has the best monologue, my favorite was "bro-con weirdo".
And the fifty you mention is the rumored total of people that have strategic abilities (this probably includes the hidden ones as well as the recognize ones like the U.S has at least three japan has at least two including tat's) they are not candidates but people that wield that power already around the world.
Old 2014-01-17, 02:23   Link #9542
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
and the fifty you mention is the rumored total of people that have strategic abilities (this probably includes the hidden ones as well as the recognize ones like the U.S has at least three japan has at least two including tat's) they are not candidates but people that wield that power already around the world.
Yep volume 11 stated that.

Quote:
She understood the reason why the military would deploy Mio. The woman was one of only thirteen publicly acknowledged Strategic Magicians in the world, of which there were said to be probably fewer than fifty in total, the rest of whom were hidden. The Japanese government publicly admitted to having only one user of Strategic Class Magic.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:00   Link #9543
Waxman

I believe that not all of them have Strategic Class magics but could wield them.
When elder Kudou and Kazama speak and Kudou says that Tatsuya and Ichijou could become important assets for Japan (Kazama clarifies that Tatsuya already is) sort of implies that if Masaki's magic level up enough could be at the level of Itsuwa Mio.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:50   Link #9544
Ultragunner

How so? And I'm kinda confused here:
Quote:
I believe that not all of them have Strategic Class magics but could wield them.
???
Old 2014-01-17, 05:15   Link #9545
Breimoon

maybe it is that some of them have the potential to become strategic class but still need more training to reach that level
i think it is what Waxman meant
Old 2014-01-17, 05:46   Link #9546
Waxman

Thats what i meant, thanks you and sorry for the poor english.
Masaki wielding "Rupture" and facing enemies forces can obtain results comparable with Tatsuya's wielding "Mist Dispersal".
If Masaki could increase "Rupture" power, reach etc could do as much damage as "Deep Abiss" in a naval battle.
Old 2014-01-17, 06:24   Link #9547
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Thats what i meant, thanks you and sorry for the poor english.
Masaki wielding "Rupture" and facing enemies forces can obtain results comparable with Tatsuya's wielding "Mist Dispersal".
If Masaki could increase "Rupture" power, reach etc could do as much damage as "Deep Abiss" in a naval battle.
i don't think he has enough psion count for that;furthermore,he isn't a b.s. mage like tatsuya.
what matter to me the most about him isn't his,and george one-sided rivalry,but the fact that he's,like jumonji, a good guy,competant who will make an excellent clan leader,like jumonji and miyuki:i see him as a futur ally for tatsuya in the ten master clan Council who will lead japan(both mage and non-mage alike)toward a better future-perhaps even a golden age?
tough,we know only 4 out of ten of the next M.C. leader(:we still know nothing about the saegusa heir,in spite of their role in the story).
Old 2014-01-17, 06:36   Link #9548
Chris38

@Waxman

Well, while something like increasing you're innate magic to make it into Strategic class magic, might be possible, I think that we shouldn't ignore another aspect of magic in the Mahouka universe.

And that is the amount of psions or pushions that is needed to cast magic, and the capability of the magician's body to produce the necessary amount.

While, it's true that the amount of psions or pushions can rise, when you age or have some quite heavy magic training, I think that each individual magican has some genetic limit of how much psions they can produce ... which is probably the main reason why Taturou received the proposition of marrying Miya.

In other words ... taking Masaki as an example ... we don't know how many psions, a strategic version of his "Rapture" would require, and if his body can't produce the necessary amount, to cast it, even after training for a few years, then I don't think he could become a strategic class magician (although his future children, might have that capability).
Old 2014-01-17, 07:07   Link #9549
azziz

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@Waxman

Well, while something like increasing you're innate magic to make it into Strategic class magic, might be possible, I think that we shouldn't ignore another aspect of magic in the Mahouka universe.

And that is the amount of psions or pushions that is needed to cast magic, and the capability of the magician's body to produce the necessary amount.

While, it's true that the amount of psions or pushions can rise, when you age or have some quite heavy magic training, I think that each individual magican has some genetic limit of how much psions they can produce ... which is probably the main reason why Taturou received the proposition of marrying Miya.

In other words ... taking Masaki as an example ... we don't know how many psions, a strategic version of his "Rapture" would require, and if his body can't produce the necessary amount, to cast it, even after training for a few years, then I don't think he could become a strategic class magician (although his future children, might have that capability).
indeed,if he were to marry miyuki,there's no doubt they would get that ability-furthermore,he's a nice guy:he would treat her well;personally i'm for a tatsuya x miyuki end(miyuki being the queen)with lina,mayumi,honoka and shisuku as concubines-wetheir erika join or not the fray is fine for me.
i just don't want to see an open end because the author&editor are too coward to take respsponsability for the incest route wich,withouth whose,such succes would have been impossible to achieve!
Old 2014-01-17, 10:20   Link #9550
Chris38

@azziz

Well, when it comes to the incest related stuff, I believe that the author has some ideas on how to escape the controversy related to that kind of ending.

After all, I don't think there could be, any other happy ending, considering the fact that we already had a scene where, Miyuki openly stated, in her thoughts, that her entire being belongs to Tatsuya, and is also disgusted with the idea of being forced to marry someone else then Tatsuya.

As for the other girls that are interested in Tatsuya ... well, at the moment ... it doesn't seem like Miyuki is willing to share him with the others ... but, that can obviously change in the future volumes.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:15   Link #9551
iCloudz7

IMO though Masaki magic can kill an entire enemy battalion I dont think he could use that ability to use it against a higher group of enemies because his magic use blood to boil the enemy to death... and use that ability agaisnt thousands of people seems unlikely...
Old 2014-01-17, 11:18   Link #9552
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
As for the other girls that are interested in Tatsuya ... well, at the moment ... it doesn't seem like Miyuki is willing to share him with the others ... but, that can obviously change in the future volumes.
i can see 2 girls who she is willing to share!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-01-17, 11:38   Link #9553
Hiyono

Quote:
When elder Kudou and Kazama speak and Kudou says that Tatsuya and Ichijou could become important assets for Japan (Kazama clarifies that Tatsuya already is) sort of implies that if Masaki's magic level up enough could be at the level of Itsuwa Mio.
That is, frankly speaking, the opposite of what Kazama is saying. Kudou had remarked that, in the future, Tatsuya and Ichijou will both become valuable military assets. Kazama rebuts that by saying that it's not "in the future" that Tatsuya will become a military asset - he already is, and one on an entirely different level from Ichijou. Ichijou's abilities put him at the level of being comparable with a single battalion (several hundred to a thousand soldiers) whereas Tatsuya's Material Burst is a legitimate strategic weapon.

In other words, far from suggesting that Ichijou might attain to Tatsuya's level, Kazama is stating that there is an insurmountable gap between the two.
Old 2014-01-17, 13:00   Link #9554
Sylux

Quote:
IMO though Masaki magic can kill an entire enemy battalion I dont think he could use that ability to use it against a higher group of enemies because his magic use blood to boil the enemy to death... and use that ability agaisnt thousands of people seems unlikely.

I think on water that might be possible for him, because during V4 or V5 if i remember correctly Tatsuya said that a lake is like prepairing explosions for him so i think if he gets strong enough with rupture he might be able to take it to a level where it could be a stategic class magic on water or something like that (oil, etc.)
Old 2014-01-17, 13:02   Link #9555
Breimoon

considering the fuel, he may burst it and have a city go to flames with enough power.
Old 2014-01-17, 13:12   Link #9556
Sylux

But there is no other way his magic could be used as stategic class magic or is there someone who has an idea?
Old 2014-01-17, 13:24   Link #9557
havensgate
skull one

i dont think rupture is viable as strategic class magic, the reason is too inefficient.
material burst only need one drop of water to destroy ship in yokohama incident, a 12.5mm bullet to destroy a detachment fleet, and one kg flag to destroy a full fleet. And rupture power will not able to achieve that, regardless how powerfull the magician.
even against mist dispersal, rupture still hold no candle

and rupture power come from sudden expanding volume of gas that come from liquid disintegration, not combustion, so "rupture"ing water, blood, oil, and liquid fuel will have same result
Old 2014-01-17, 13:41   Link #9558
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
You are right but the scale is different, what kuodo was refering that they could be powerfull magicians like fighting a entire armor batallion by thenself, not a tactical nuke that tatsuya is as was corrected by kazama, is not all about having strategic magic for one is applications are rather limited and it cannot be used in anti-personal settings, but as a a frontline fighter masaki is match by few (well tat's is still better because he has both decomp and regrowth).
Old 2014-01-18, 04:21   Link #9559
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoilers
Spoiler for Question on Yokohama Disturbance Chapter
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-18, 04:39   Link #9560
Seitsuki
Onee!

Nope, v8 explicitly states that it wasn't.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings