AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 22:43   Link #2241
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Mine is also a 80gb with bc, but it doesn't make any noise at all. And i don't take any kind of care about him to say the least, hahaha. Ever since i bought it, i just put him in the desk, besides the tv and that's it.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 23:00   Link #2242
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

after i upgrade to firmware 3.0, i cannot sign into psn

i mean wtf
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 23:08   Link #2243
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

^ Yup like that after major updates ..

UPDATE: Firmware 3.00 teased, now live
Old 2009-09-01, 01:12   Link #2244
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Mine is also a 80gb with bc, but it doesn't make any noise at all. And i don't take any kind of care about him to say the least, hahaha. Ever since i bought it, i just put him in the desk, besides the tv and that's it.
You have to switch it on first ^^
Updating to 3.00 now, let see what it brings. BTW Other OS feature is still available on the old PS3.
Looks like the improved the video output, now 1080p is working for me via HDboxpro on a old 24" sony crt monitor, it never worked before.

Last edited by Sides; 2009-09-01 at 01:27.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 01:56   Link #2245
Cipher

Is it possible to play psp games on the ps3?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 06:49   Link #2246
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Is it possible to play psp games on the ps3?
Afaik no. Newer PSP models can be connected to a TV though.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:12   Link #2247
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Afaik no. Newer PSP models can be connected to a TV though.
To play games while connected to the tv, the tv must have component cable output. Otherwise, it works fine but you just can't play games. I am somewhat disappointed at this. It'd be awesome to play Monster Hunter series, as well as the Gundam games on the tv as opposed to a tiny screen. Actually, it would be even better to be able to play it using a ps2 controller.

Speaking of which, aren't there some psp games which you can connect to the ps3 and play using its controllers? I don't remember which games are those though..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:33   Link #2248
Sides

You're talking about PSP plus, the only game i know that support it is Resistance Retribution. There must be other games that uses that feature as well, but i don't have a clue, since i haven touched my psp in 2 years ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 18:22   Link #2249
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
after i upgrade to firmware 3.0, i cannot sign into psn

i mean wtf
Got the same problem yesterday, but they already fixed... Even though it still is taking longer to log in for me...

I have to say the new firmware is nice and... That's it. I loved the new theme and the PS3 when you turn on the console is nice, but the new friends list is bullshit.

The new dynamic themes looks really nice, but 3 dollars for a theme? Count me out of it. Hopefully, in the future they will make some themes like this for a dollar or for free... Even though i think i would pay 2 dollars for it, hehe.

And i liked the ads. It's easier to just go there and see the news for the PSN store.

Overall, it was a really good update. Besides it's taking longer for login(for me) and the friends list, i think everything is right.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 19:24   Link #2250
Lonewolf

Ya it takes me a little longer to log in too but i think its just cuz the servers were loaded should go back to to normal in a few days or so. You like it?! I personally dont like it it was nice and sleek and classy now it just feels bloated and ads ads ads everywhere, maybe if they put more content on the psn ppl would start shopping more but now its kinda weak especially with the ads everywhere now. Also i play on 40" LCD full 1080p and the bigs fonts and stuff now just make it not look right doesnt look HD to me now. The friends thing is the worst tho.
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:37   Link #2251
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Yeah, I don't like that friends list now. The gray behind the users name doesn't look right. Wish there was an way to get the font size smaller especially on an HDTV. Must be worst on an standard television.
Old 2009-09-01, 21:59   Link #2252
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I updated my 80GB B/C Playstation 3 to 3.0... and it seems that when you start it up, it uses the new PS3 logo opposed to just saying "Sony Computer Entertainment." The fonts on it are alot bigger... which is okay, but aren't they too big?

The eyecandy is also nice, but I can't seem to turn off the ads... I really don't want advertisements on my system. Otherwise, it's a solid update.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:07   Link #2253
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

My US PS3 Slim came in just now from VGP.

I quickly installed Life with Playstation on it to try taxing the CPU with the F@H channel to gauge noise levels. While there is still a noticeable buzz/humming, it sure is a lot quieter than my old 60GB model. In fact, from where I'm sitting (~2m from PS3, ~50cm from PC) the PC is louder, and my PC isn't particularly loud.

For those interested: the US PS3 Slim works fine on 220V (despite saying 120V on the bottom). Of course I didn't randomly try this, but there were pictures of the PS3 Slim PSU floating around saying it should be able to handle 110-245V, and well, I can confirm it can.

As for firmware 3.0 ... I'm not impressed. In fact I can't wait until they release an update that allows you to disable the ticker in the upper right corner.
Old 2009-09-02, 17:36   Link #2254
Da~Mike

^ Would you recommend buying one if one already has the PS3 fat?
I was planning to get a PS3 for my bro's birthday and am unsure which to get.
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 00:27   Link #2255
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Unless you're really annoyed with the noise or have some other major issue with your old PS3, I don't think it's really worth it. Functionally there isn't that much difference.

If you're buying a PS3 for the first time though, there is no point in not getting the Slim.
Old 2009-09-03, 01:37   Link #2256
King Lycan
*IT Support

^
Don't really like the slim
I plan to turn in my 40 gig to get the 80 gig that can play PS2 games.. i plan to play FFXI
Old 2009-09-03, 01:44   Link #2257
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

u can install linux on ps3 phat
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:45   Link #2258
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Where can you find those machines which have BC? I thought they were sold out long ago.
Old 2009-09-03, 01:51   Link #2259
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Where can you find those machines which have BC? I thought they were sold out long ago.
Some Gamestop Eb Games have them in stock
can also try eBay
Old 2009-09-03, 01:56   Link #2260
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I sure hope that there is at least one Japanese PS3 with BC out there somewhere.

Tags
console, ps3, sony