AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 20 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 31.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-05, 12:40   Link #41
RevanAD

It's been a long long time since I watched it, but the scene where Hinagikutena deflected what's-his-name's fire dragon attack into the roof of the stadium reminded me of Hiei's match against somebody in Yu Yu Hakusho's big tournament arc. Hiei used his black dragon flame attack and I think the other guy deflected it into the roof of the stadium, blasting a huge hole.

Not to mention that afterwards when Hinagikutena showed off her speed to beat butler-guy, the way that scene was done was distinctly reminiscent of the scene where Ichigo is circling Byakuya at high speed shortly after releasing bankai (not that characters having after-images when moving at high speed is especially unusual in anime, just that it seemed specifically modeled after that scene).
Old 2007-10-05, 13:25   Link #42
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This was a great episode, Hina got some screentime and I had plenty of laughs. It feels like a whole new show now, with the new opening, ending and the sudden change of events. Not that I'm complaining, I love how it all plays out. Klaus was, as always, hilarious.
I'll give it some time before saying that the show has completely changed, it seems to me this arc will last 3 episodes. I like the schoolmaster, her love of sweets reminds me of a certain someone.
Old 2007-10-05, 13:41   Link #43
Echoes

I didn't mean it in the sense that it's a new show completely, more like the same old awesomeness in a different package.

I think I can take a guess at who the other sweet-loving person is.
Old 2007-10-05, 13:48   Link #44
Pell14

I actually preferred the 1st op
Old 2007-10-05, 17:25   Link #45
himemiya613

new yuri characters o.o
Old 2007-10-05, 20:08   Link #46
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
black hayate that just made me laugh
anyways looking forward to the tournament
the mysterious butler?!? i wonder who that can be
Old 2007-10-05, 21:04   Link #47
justsomeguy

What's up with the spinning flowers in the ED? That belongs in Higurashi, not here!
Old 2007-10-05, 21:29   Link #48
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

S_K... if you don't know who they are then you obviously fail(Doesn't that the sarcasm joke :P). ROAR!!!!
Old 2007-10-05, 22:19   Link #49
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
S_K... if you don't know who they are then you obviously fail(Doesn't that the sarcasm joke :P). ROAR!!!!
I really wanted to cry at that part because that was the worst disguise i have ever seen
Old 2007-10-05, 22:20   Link #50
Midonin
Last Engage

I give Klaus and Tama points for the Boukenger-esque masks though.
Old 2007-10-05, 23:28   Link #51
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Klaus and Tama save the day again, although I did enjoy the Hina fight. But, I agree with most, this ep was sluggish. I don't think this show is "sliding", so to say, I think the problem is that the "combat butler" component of this series has pretty much offered all that it can. It all feels like "same-old same-old" now. I mean, there's only so often you can laugh at the idea of "OMG they're butlers AND they fight each other", and I think we passed that about a dozen episodes ago.
Old 2007-10-06, 00:20   Link #52
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Great OP. This episodes really deserves a 10 out of 10! Pity I clicked on 0 out of 10 by accident...
Old 2007-10-06, 03:49   Link #53
Gains
Rain lover

Nice episode for me, and <3 Hina.

New OP is good, but new ED is not really to my liking.

By the way, I think I look like this when watching Hinagiku's actions

Old 2007-10-06, 04:42   Link #54
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Not a bad ep at all
lots of gags though I do wish they'd go back to the manga
LOL first post on iPod touch this thing is amazing
Old 2007-10-06, 11:40   Link #55
ChronoReverse

More Hinagiku exposure makes for a good episode. I don't mind the little sidetrack of anime original material. After all, it's completely over the top just like the rest of Hayate no Gotoku.

And bonus points for the scenes of Hinagiku doing her best to thwart the superintendent.
Old 2007-10-06, 12:45   Link #56
Mentar
Banned

I wonder if there's any other show which has a second-line character with a popularity such as Hina. SO many people long to see more of her, it's really amazing.

Especially, since her _really_ strong arcs haven't even aired yet.
Old 2007-10-06, 20:10   Link #57
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I wonder if there's any other show which has a second-line character with a popularity such as Hina. SO many people long to see more of her, it's really amazing.

Especially, since her _really_ strong arcs haven't even aired yet.
I've been amazed at her popularity. I can understand why Maria would be so popular, but Hina from just the anime throws me. Is it because of the manga? Or do people like her from the little screen time she has had? If that is the case she could run for president when she gets more screen time.
Old 2007-10-06, 20:15   Link #58
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well actually... She shows up more in the manga. Why is all the good characters never get much screen time (I.E. SAKUYA-SAMA!!!!)
Old 2007-10-06, 20:43   Link #59
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
I've been amazed at her popularity. I can understand why Maria would be so popular, but Hina from just the anime throws me. Is it because of the manga? Or do people like her from the little screen time she has had? If that is the case she could run for president when she gets more screen time.
She apparently started out as a minor character, but got first place in one of those popularity polls that manga tend to hold.
Old 2007-10-06, 23:53   Link #60
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
If this aired during Hinagiku's competition in Saimoe, she wouldn't have a problem winning. That episode was awesome. So much Hina, blushing Hina, Kendo Hina. I really enjoyed this episode even though it was only a filler.

I liked the intro, but not as much as the original. The ending was okay, but it was lacking in Hina.
Closed Thread