AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 27.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 27.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 13.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-31, 13:53   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Don't fret Maria, I'll be your boyfriend

ahem...Oh gosh! Its that crazy nun again and what does she think she is doing falling in love with a minor who already has someone. Don't worry Saki, I'm on your side
Speaking of Saki...does anyone think that her voice has changed since the first season?

And someone needs to tell Katsura the phrase "beggers can't be choosers". Besides, the 2D loving otaku freak wasn't that bad looking either...and he is definitely too good for Katsura in the first place

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-31, 14:39   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But she needs a rich man to keep her afloat on booze. No point, otherwise.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:54   Link #23
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenor View Post
Delicious Flat Chest, so yeah... Just another term for loli, really.

Basically, the 16 year-old Hayate is collecting the younger girls (Nagi and Isumi are 13; Hinagiku and Ayumu, 16; Maria is 17), while the 13 year-old Wataru is attracting the older girls such as the 21 year-old Saki.

And it's hilarious.
Yea I was going to put Lolis at first, but then I don't really think of Ayumu or Hina as loli just flat with Maria being something of an unknown to me...She doesn't really feel like part of his harem Per-se to me atleast or rather thats my wishful thinking on the matter...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-31, 18:59   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Is that why Sakuya feels less and less like she could become part of Hayate's harem? Because she's growing? She does show a bit of an interest in Wataru, though... because she's growing?

And speaking of Flat Chests for Hayate... Let's not forget that male butler who kidnapped Nagi. Though calling it "Delicious" would be pushing it...
Old 2009-06-01, 06:33   Link #25
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Flat or round, as long as the girl is cute, I will take it. Nekomimi would be better though. (already got 2!)

Wataru seems to have a slight sister complex, to him, Saki and Sakuya are like older sisters (somewhat like a love, see season 1 for details in which he wears a Saki pajamas), and comes along a REAL sister for his sister complex. He probably likes Isumi because she is moe (out of her kimono).

Spoiler for NSFW:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-01, 16:13   Link #26
CynicalDurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So i'm the only one that enjoys seeing over the top Katsura acting over the top?
you are not

i like the return to the wackiness of the first season in this episode, a welcome break from JCStaff's laughable attempts to adapt the plot
Old 2009-06-01, 23:06   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalDurian View Post
you are not

i like the return to the wackiness of the first season in this episode, a welcome break from JCStaff's laughable attempts to adapt the plot
Well, on the one hand I was also thinking that this episode reminded me a lot of the style of the first season, and it was nice for a change. That being said, I also have to say that I like the approach of the second season a lot as well, and don't really find J.C.Staff's efforts in that regard to be "laughable" at all. But I suppose if one were really attached to the style of the first season, it may be hard to make the transition. In either case, I liked the episode for being a throwback to the first season, but welcome the continued development of the second season style in the weeks ahead. I think it's nice that the franchise has both, personally.
Old 2009-06-02, 06:32   Link #28
CynicalDurian

perhaps laughable is a bit harsh, but i certainly dont like the direction the adaptation is taking, in particular the way it handled the episodes where Hayate stays with Hina. As you say there is some quality material headed our way, i just hope JCStaff do it justice
Old 2009-06-02, 11:22   Link #29
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Oh right, this part.

I wasn't honestly pleased with actually seeing the Sonia vs Generic Muggers fight. I preferred how it was dealt with in the original manga chapter. AKA Hayate just arrives at the scene. Gives a nice "What the hell happened?" vibe to that scene. Although, I was genuinely just as freaked out when she started running towards them.

The glasses. . .

Fits the bill for crazy nun though.

As for the second half. . .I never liked Katsura in the slightest. The chapter it was based off didn't appeal to me when I read it, so of course it wouldn't in the animation (This could apply to the entire episode, however, I never was too fond of the crazy nun either.)
Old 2009-06-02, 15:32   Link #30
Shadow1999

Send a message via MSN to Shadow1999
To be honest this episode was quite entertaining...well at least the first part of the episode.
But the second half was a total fail in my eyes >.<
However, the first part showed that Wataru und Saki have genuine feelings for each other but somehow aren't fully aware of them.
The Siesta was really powerful back there...i was like: WOAH she could actually crush Hayate if Wataru asks her
Well im looking forward to the next episode, i bet this one will be a pretty good one.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:52   Link #31
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So for now we have:

Hayate:
Nagi, Maria, Izumi, Hamster, Hina, (Sakuya)

Wataru:
Saki, Sister, (Sakuya)

Gundam Teacher:
Katsura (one-sided)

Maybe Izumi from the student council will fall for Hayate at some point too. At least its more likely than the other two. Also mini-twintails.
Old 2009-06-03, 12:58   Link #32
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So for now we have:

Hayate:
I'm assuming you mean Isumi (kimono/spiritual girl) there instead of Izumi?
Old 2009-06-03, 16:46   Link #33
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Yeah her. I didnt know that their names were not written the same way.
Old 2009-06-03, 20:18   Link #34
dark-kyon

Quote:
So for now we have:

Hayate:

Wataru:
Saki, Sister, (Sakuya)

Gundam Teacher:
Katsura (one-sided)

Maybe Isumi from the student council will fall for Hayate at some point too. At least its more likely than the other two. Also mini-twintails.
hayate:nagi,maria,isumi,hamster,hina,(sakuya), klaus,tama.those two in nekomini mode.

Last edited by dark-kyon; 2009-06-04 at 21:51.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:28   Link #35
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Yeah her. I didnt know that their names were not written the same way.
Common mistake, really.

I don't know why Hata thought it'd be a good idea to have an Isumi and Izumi... reminds me of the dumb Tomoyo/Tomoya in Clannad.
Old 2009-06-05, 17:45   Link #36
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode .

We saw the 2 thiefs in the first episode 1st season
Lol the nun with the kiss .

Maria need a boyfriend ^^

Next episode seems great with Hina and Nishi .
Old 2009-06-08, 20:22   Link #37
rischznable

this is agood anime,

makes me want to see the next episode

bye
Old 2009-07-01, 02:19   Link #38
9taileddemon

Finally got to watch this episode. I liked most of it but I really would have preferred the way the manga did the fight. Hayate just comes upon the wreckage.

It also made me notice how different Klaus looks compared to everybody else. Everyone else seems very... smooth and glossy (for lack of better description) whereas he has a lot more detail and seems a lot more angular. I wonder why they chose to do that.

Closed Thread