AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-23, 10:27   Link #1401
konart

The last line is obviously part of Birthday thing - it was mentioned hundred times, lol
Old 2010-04-23, 10:33   Link #1402
Meatrose
Antihero

Haha, brilliant marketing Sunrise.

It's set during a.t.b. 2017 so it's completely legit to insert one of Zero's speaches. It might tell us something we didn't already know though... unless that "public service announcement, brought to you by Zero" is an old recording it should mean that this side story really takes place during the Black Rebellion since Zero disappeared (literally) at the end of Stage 25 and didn't return until Turn 01 (next year).
Old 2010-04-23, 11:03   Link #1403
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the first scenes of season 1 is the invasion of japan and a young Lelouch vowing to destory britannia
7 years later, the show's main plot kicks in, but thats not where the show STARTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Yes, but "a.t.b. 2017" comes from the announcement, the "7 years after the beginning of the series" comes from a poster on LJ who talks about the announcement, it's not a translation of the announcement.
Well, whoever posted that is a moron. It's like they were trying to be intentionally misleading. Honestly, when someone says "start of the series" are we all going to automatically assume that they're talking about the opening scene? Why not just say 2017 a.t.b?

Well whatever. A gaiden set during the series is fine, but I hope we can get some confirmation on whether it's an OVA or a new series soon.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 12:11   Link #1404
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Screencaps of the teaser.
Be carful, heavy spoilers

Spoiler:

Lol really...They couldn't give us something better.
Glimpse of the character maybe ? Land, even ?
Sunrise :/
Zero still makes the jizz impact go on, yep.
Anyway, yeah, not much to speculate on. Sunrise, you.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 14:41   Link #1405
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What does it say on those screenshots? btw that eye with geass could just be someone else's, doesn't have to be Lelouch's....
Old 2010-04-23, 14:43   Link #1406
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
What does it say on those screenshots? btw that eye with geass could just be someone else's, doesn't have to be Lelouch's....
Well's, it's Lelouch's face, Lelouch's eye color, Lelouch's hair...It's Lelouch. But it's certainly some kind of speech to present the thing, or a popular zero speech or whatever. It's not Lelouch as being part of the new project.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 14:45   Link #1407
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

well lelouch does have purple eyes like the eye in the image and the little bits of black hair does match with lelouches hair.So there is quite alot there that suggests that it is lelouch to me. Also how many geass users go around dressing up as zero? not many other then lelouch i feel.

Edit: posted the same time as lolipop XD
Old 2010-04-23, 14:58   Link #1408
konart

Quote:
Well's, it's Lelouch's face, Lelouch's eye color, Lelouch's hair...It's Lelouch. But it's certainly some kind of speech to present the thing, or a popular zero speech or whatever. It's not Lelouch as being part of the new project.
It's not screenshots from the same teaser to begin with, it's from the birthday event itself, lol.
Old 2010-04-23, 16:02   Link #1409
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
if the story time will be 2017, he can be Zero/lelouch.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 16:09   Link #1410
konart

Quote:
The cast made ending comments, and as they did, they left the stage. When it was just Fukuyama and Suzaku left, they moved toward the center of the stage. They had these white drapes behind them, and behind those drapes 4 people with dark sunglasses had come out and were waiting. Suddenly, the entire hall was awash with red and there was the sound of an alarm. Fukuyama and Sakurai were dragged/kidnapped away and Zero appeared on the monitor as if he had taken it over. And that's when you get Zero saying what he does here: http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1512711.html

Zero says that we're mistaking the meaning of birthday, and that it means the birth day of something new. With images and flashes reminiscent of CC and Lelouch's contract scene saying new start and things like that, the event ends saying that in 2010, a new Code Geass will be launched.
That's where those images of Zero from. Not from the Akito trailer
Old 2010-04-23, 18:17   Link #1411
maveric101

i feel like they were so afraid of pissing some people off and polarizing the fans that they went with the least exciting option possible for new material. i'm pretty unexcited.
maveric101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 18:40   Link #1412
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric101 View Post
i feel like they were so afraid of pissing some people off and polarizing the fans that they went with the least exciting option possible for new material. i'm pretty unexcited.
I thought so as well. I was thinking of an AU or sequel. Didn't expect an story during season 1 with new characters. Well I hope it turns out well and have some decent characters. My expectation isn't that high personally.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-04-23 at 19:13.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:19   Link #1413
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
They definitely did the safest thing possible. An again I think that this is more of an instance of them testing the waters for fan interest in a Lelouch-less series, especially if it turns out to be an OVA.

And why are some people questioning the legitimacy of the announcement, wtf? It's atb2017 guys, get over it. I wish they'd do a sequel too. Oh well.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:51   Link #1414
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Screencaps of the teaser.
Be carful, heavy spoilers

Spoiler:

Lol really...They couldn't give us something better.
Glimpse of the character maybe ? Land, even ?
Sunrise :/
a-ha that "person" is still alive really go be fake death with very few knows he alive & now to go europe.

really or unless a CLONE with all memories or something?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 22:19   Link #1415
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
a-ha that "person" is still alive really go be fake death with very few knows he alive & now to go europe.

*sweatdrop and simultaneous facepalm*

Even I know that isn't the case.

It takes place during 2017, during the black Rebellion (maybe/apparently.) So that certain person isn't dead yet. because certain person died at the end of 2018

It's a different story involving the same unvierse.

Remember:

"The whole world is going through an uproar, was this what you wanted?" C.C.

"This is only a means to an end, the world is destined to descend into greater chaos."

It was in one of the very first episodes (I believe it was episode 5, actually.)

As in, the whole world had eyes on Japan and Zero. Of course they'd show a broadcast or a brief glance of Zero.

Maybe you should read a few posts down and get the general idea. So maybe then you could follow along?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 02:11   Link #1416
Suuchan
Moe Moe Kyun

To be honest I'm kind of glad it's set in a.t.b. 2017 more than anything. It's much better than confirming or denying the myths that fans have.

Although I can't say I wouldn't gloat a little if a certain person did turn out to be dead for good, definitely.
Suuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 04:45   Link #1417
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuchan View Post
To be honest I'm kind of glad it's set in a.t.b. 2017 more than anything. It's much better than confirming or denying the myths that fans have.

Although I can't say I wouldn't gloat a little if a certain person did turn out to be dead for good, definitely.
My direct impression on the new project is that it wants to work around the year 2017 because this is where everything involving Code Geass takes place. Perhaps the reason why the producers didn't want to go beyond 2018 is because no one really liked the fact that they were told to do a one year time skip of the second season so that it would become a reintroduction for the new target audience. Since the second season was to have continued in 2017, it might be safe to assume that we MIGHT see a remake of Code Geass R2 to fit the intended time period. It seems that the Code Geass series will return to original format of the first season.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 11:05   Link #1418
Suuchan
Moe Moe Kyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
My direct impression on the new project is that it wants to work around the year 2017 because this is where everything involving Code Geass takes place. Perhaps the reason why the producers didn't want to go beyond 2018 is because no one really liked the fact that they were told to do a one year time skip of the second season so that it would become a reintroduction for the new target audience. Since the second season was to have continued in 2017, it might be safe to assume that we MIGHT see a remake of Code Geass R2 to fit the intended time period. It seems that the Code Geass series will return to original format of the first season.
...Ooh, that sounds interesting. A little unexpected, but...interesting. Then again I don't know much about the new Geass projects going on.
Suuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 23:35   Link #1419
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/o...880bf3ba37.jpg
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 00:43   Link #1420
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
well it i still got a (bleepin') grudge problem issues with really unless if it time travel to prevent those "events" to save this geass series.

or something really i'm still MAD as he11 cause of those "events" wthf were they thinking going like anime LOST really the so called new project rather "save" it or i will make it personally SAVE the geass world.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha