Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 20:05   Link #61
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Again Shipped doesn't mean sold/bought by gamers. For a game yes it is successful to sale 4.5 million but for a FF game compared to it's previous popular entries, FF7 being at 9.72, FF8 being at 7.86, FF9 being at 5.30, FF10 being at 7.95, FF12 being at 5.73 not as good. Especially considering this game was multiplatform.

Note that Square Enix expected this game to sale 6 million because it was multiplatform but they fell 1.5 mil short:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/29/sq...eed-6-million/
Hmm the site said sold so I didn't know it meant shipped.

I think you have to factor in that Jrpgs are no longer as popular as it was back in the days as well. Has any Jrpg come close to FF13 in terms of sales recently? Hmm I don't know if multiplatform is a bigger advantage than being on the older Sony consoles for a FF game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I agree, the good part of FFXIII was the battle system , sad that the game was incredibly linear and that decision made the game boring in the end, not to mention that it don't have any replay value at all.
But i think that Square Enix will learn from their mistakes and give us the fans a good game from FFXIII-2.
1)Some fans do prefer or don't mind their rpgs to be more linear (me) but I agree it was TOO linear.

2) Almost all Jrpgs don't have much replay value but you can do extra stuff after you beat the game such as complete your abilities grid and finish up achievements.

3) I don't think it's going to be much different than FFXIII since the same guy is directing it and they are using the dlc left over from 13.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2011-01-20 at 20:18.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:18   Link #62
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, JRPGs had one major flaw: you either need to grind fairly hard or have a guide to figure out the various systems in the games. I don't mind grinding a little or slightly difficult mechanics, but Guide Dang It is painful.
Old 2011-01-20, 20:23   Link #63
Jjo

I don't think it was too linear for me; it actually made me want to finish the game instead of exploring around and training for no reason instead of beating the game like I've done with many FF games xD mostly FFX2..>.<

Plus the battle system made up for any flaw I could think of with FFXIII ^_^
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:45   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
To me, JRPGs had one major flaw: you either need to grind fairly hard or have a guide to figure out the various systems in the games. I don't mind grinding a little or slightly difficult mechanics, but Guide Dang It is painful.
Random Turn battles is one flaw I wish JRPG's would get rid off completely.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:17   Link #65
paladinenvec

Quote:
2) Almost all Jrpgs don't have much replay value but you can do extra stuff after you beat the game such as complete your abilities grid and finish up achievements.

3) I don't think it's going to be much different than FFXIII since the same guy is directing it and they are using the dlc left over from 13.
Well what i really wanted to mean it was that FFXIII was the first FF that i didn't wanted to complete at 100%, i choose the wrong word it's not replay but more like an encouragement to complete the game^^u,oh!, and i hated the "hunt(monster name)" quests that FFXIII had.
And well i remember that the director (or something like that) said in an interview that he regretted the final product that was this FF, so i have my hopes up to this game, a little more freedom won't hurt the game...really.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:21   Link #66
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Never use the word "regret". It would be better to just think of ways on how to improve the product. With DLC, improvements can come more easily than in the past.
Old 2011-01-21, 00:28   Link #67
problemedchild
ô_ô

Meh, does Square have a phobia of money? Implementing a DLC with the original Japanese dub would be pretty lucrative. I thought the English dub was decent, but I know plenty of people that imported the Chinese version just to have the Japanese soundtrack. In fact, I'm almost certain they could get away with charging $10-15 for the DLC.

Anyways, I just hope the storyline in FF13-2 is better than FF13. That and more customizable AIs wouldn't hurt either. Nothing like having your ally cast Shell on you in a melee fight.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 02:44   Link #68
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Anyways here have a trailer in english
Thanks for pointing this out.

Time to remove that youtube link from the first post.
Old 2011-01-21, 03:37   Link #69
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
That and more customizable AIs wouldn't hurt either. Nothing like having your ally cast Shell on you in a melee fight.
At least they're way less dumb than the party members in Persona 3
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 04:22   Link #70
iceyfw

coming next winter...

well it's not like they can delay it further than FF13-versus
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 05:59   Link #71
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Meh, does Square have a phobia of money? Implementing a DLC with the original Japanese dub would be pretty lucrative. I thought the English dub was decent, but I know plenty of people that imported the Chinese version just to have the Japanese soundtrack. In fact, I'm almost certain they could get away with charging $10-15 for the DLC.

Anyways, I just hope the storyline in FF13-2 is better than FF13. That and more customizable AIs wouldn't hurt either. Nothing like having your ally cast Shell on you in a melee fight.
It'll still be 20+ weeks before I might possibly get myself a PS3... but should ask now first.

Only the voice-over is Japanese in the Chinese version right? Everything else ( menu/etc ) are fully translated to Chinese/English?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 07:17   Link #72
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
coming next winter...

well it's not like they can delay it further than FF13-versus
At this rate, the wait for FF12 will be SHORTER than FFvs13.
Old 2011-01-21, 07:31   Link #73
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Never use the word "regret". It would be better to just think of ways on how to improve the product. With DLC, improvements can come more easily than in the past.
Well... i accept it... they never used the word regret =P...

With DLC the game could be better, if FFXIII-2 implement this with new quests and a little history on them i think that would be awesome.
Anyway seeing a hot lightning semi-armoured nearly sold me to buy this game lol so...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 07:55   Link #74
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Well... i accept it... they never used the word regret =P...

With DLC the game could be better, if FFXIII-2 implement this with new quests and a little history on them i think that would be awesome.
Anyway seeing a hot lightning semi-armoured nearly sold me to buy this game lol so...
I guess for most people, the key word is SEMI-armoured Lightning.

I personally prefer my girls to have some Brit in them. But, whatever.
Old 2011-01-21, 08:25   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Pretty much. There are still things i'm hoping we'll see in XIII-2 that most people have mentioned, though as long as armoured Lightning delivers, i'll be happy.

Plus i'm hoping an armoured Lightning wall scroll is released to go with XIII Lightning on my wall.
Old 2011-01-21, 09:20   Link #76
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
... it's kinda scary how that's also a selling point to (straight) females She just looks that awesome.
The power of Lightning is truly fearsome.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 14:19   Link #77
Leo Keichi

What, no J-pop singers this time around? My hopes of seeing the Lightning Trio Orchestra, with their first single, "My Love will Str!ke on You" are over.

I'm kidding. X-2 was actually the FF I liked the less/hated the most. I'm seriously considering buying this game, if I'm convinced it's going to be better than XIII. I've read Square-Enix made a new Engine last year. Is XIII-2 and Versus being made with this one?

I wonder who's this guy in the logo. He looks like Cid Raines. And I think it's going to be strange seeing all the cast in medieval style clothes (well, not really medieval, but more like medieval cool).
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 15:12   Link #78
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
What, no J-pop singers this time around? My hopes of seeing the Lightning Trio Orchestra, with their first single, "My Love will Str!ke on You" are over.
Lightning is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, and she is one fine J-pop singer
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 15:16   Link #79
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
And I think it's going to be strange seeing all the cast in medieval style clothes (well, not really medieval, but more like medieval cool).
kinda reminds me of the old chracter classes.

Fang in a kinda Dragoon get up?

Yes please!
Old 2011-01-21, 19:28   Link #80
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
... it's kinda scary how that's also a selling point to (straight) females She just looks that awesome.
The power of Lightning is truly fearsome.
Not just the looks. Sakamoto out-did herself in the ice department. As me and my friend put it:

"It took half the story for Snow to grow a brain, and Hope to grow a spine. But, it darn near took the whole game for Lightning to grow a heart."

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-01-21 at 19:40.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote