AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 12:18   Link #2981
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shame-...-Report-Week-2

I do love Dave Dameshek and his Shame Report.
Old 2011-09-22, 14:55   Link #2982
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Bart Scott trying to butter up the refs? That's not shameful, that's genius!
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 16:19   Link #2983
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Loved seeing big Wilfork with the 30-yard interception return.
I wish I could find the clip...it might be buried somewhere in this thread though...

WILFORK IS BIG MAN WITH FOOTBALL!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 18:17   Link #2984
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I wish I could find the clip...it might be buried somewhere in this thread though...

WILFORK IS BIG MAN WITH FOOTBALL!
My post that you quoted had the clip attached, but maybe it doesn't load on your computer?

I just watched it myself though, quite hilarious even a week later.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 20:24   Link #2985
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Nah, the "IS BIG MAN WITH FOOTBALL!" was from last season
Old 2011-09-25, 12:36   Link #2986
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Thought at the start this would be a nice quick victory for the Patriots. Turns out Bills are real. Not only that but I've never seen this many ints from Brady in one game. Really hope they can turn this around.

EDIT: Job well done Bills, sure made me look like an idiot with my overconfidence.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2011-09-25 at 15:10.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:22   Link #2987
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I honestly thought the 49ers would shoot themselves in the foot against the Bengals with all the penalties and offensive mistakes they made in the 1st half. Vernon Davis gave something for Alex Smith to throw to late and that was the difference. Dalton utterly self-destructed in the final minutes. Reality check for him after 2 clean weeks. Harbaugh outfoxed them late - 49ers have belief and drive back. What seemed like a dud game halfway ended up being an intriguing finish.

You'd figure if Carolina were going to get a win, it would be against Jacksonville. And they did, it seems. 3-way fracas between the Jaguars, Seahawks and Colts for QB woes. Bet Dilla will be stoked Carolina won't have to wait anywhere near as long as Buffalo did last season for win #1.

Looks like we have 2 games headed for overtime. Detroit and Minnesota locked away. Buffalo is really pulling out all stops against New England. Brady was on fire in the 1st half but has gone pear-shaped since. You've convinced me, Buffalo. You're the real deal.

MAJOR EDIT: Wow...Buffalo with a field goal at the end of regulation...WELL DONE! RWBladewing must be Over 9000 right now. Last year things always went wrong for them when it got close. This year they're winning the close ones. If Buffalo can get cleaner on defense, they are going to be damn dangerous.

Calling Dameshek putting someone from that Bills-Patriots game in the Shame Report for Week 3.

News out of the Eagles-Giants game that Vick has a broken right hand...damn it...

Detroit dodge a bullet and stay unbeaten.

2nd televised game here is Packers-Bears. Awesome! Expecting Packers to win but I hope Cutler doesn't get hurt bad this game, he is being so let down by his offensive line it's beyond a disgrace. Forte must be ready to jump ship the way things are going.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-09-25 at 15:39.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:37   Link #2988
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

buffalo. that is all.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:38   Link #2989
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
You'd figure if Carolina were going to get a win, it would be against Jacksonville. And they did, it seems. 3-way fracas between the Jaguars, Seahawks and Colts for QB woes.
Gabbert did exceptionally well for his first start, considering the conditions. Did you see the weather there? The field looked glazed over it was raining so hard. Every step they took looked like a car splashing a puddle. There's a reason Cam didn't even break 200 yards, despite breaking 400 the past two games.

Quote:
Calling Dameshek putting someone from that Bills-Patriots game in the Shame Report for Week 3.
I expect the guy who cost Minnesota their FG at the end of their game moreso than the Bills/Pats game.

Quote:
News out of the Eagles-Giants game that Vick has a broken right hand...damn it...
Indeed he does. He may be able to play next week, but the pain was too much this week. Philly, invest in some OL next draft.

Holy hell, Torrey Smith. First three receptions in the NFL all for touchdowns. 133 yards. Still the first quarter.

Last edited by GDB; 2011-09-25 at 15:52.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:55   Link #2990
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

10% chance of rain at kickoff turns into a Flash Flood Warning, that's North Carolina for you. It was a freaking monsoon out there.

That game was ugly.

But it's a W, so WHAT-THE FUCK-EVER!! YEESSSSS!!

Minnesota can't finish a game worth a shit, second week in a row that they go up 20-0 and lose.
Old 2011-09-25, 16:00   Link #2991
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Cutler is his own worst enemy at times, I swear. That crowd in Chicago was ropable at the end of the first quarter.
Old 2011-09-25, 16:03   Link #2992
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
10% chance of rain at kickoff turns into a Flash Flood Warning, that's North Carolina for you. It was a freaking monsoon out there.

That game was ugly.

But it's a W, so WHAT-THE FUCK-EVER!! YEESSSSS!!

Minnesota can't finish a game worth a shit, second week in a row that they go up 20-0 and lose.

*sings a tune of it's raining men in Carolina*
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:49   Link #2993
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Baltimore are on a massacre in St. Louis.

Chicago drifted back and forth between basketcases and competent. Cutler would have some great drives then make some utterly bewildering decisions. They couldn't run the ball at all. Johnny Knox dropped so many easy catches. Devon Hester gives away the most stupid penalty I've seen this season. And in the final minute, Hester sells a dummy to allow Knox to get a return TD that somehow is wiped out by a holding charge...except on every replay showed...no one could find the hold...Good game from Green Bay. Margin could have been embarassing if Chicago's red zone defense didn't hold up like it did. If someone can point out who it was that did that supposed hold on Knox's run, I'd like to know because the neutral TV commentary were pretty irate when they saw the replay. Was going for Green Bay in that game but that late play was just pure genius and to see it ruined by a call that seemed blatantly wrong was a farce.

Atlanta get their wings clipped again. Jets get a reality check. Kansas go from division champs to crashers. And Seattle actually win a game.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-09-25 at 18:56.
Old 2011-09-25, 22:46   Link #2994
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Baltimore are on a massacre in St. Louis.

Chicago drifted back and forth between basketcases and competent. Cutler would have some great drives then make some utterly bewildering decisions. They couldn't run the ball at all. Johnny Knox dropped so many easy catches. Devon Hester gives away the most stupid penalty I've seen this season. And in the final minute, Hester sells a dummy to allow Knox to get a return TD that somehow is wiped out by a holding charge...except on every replay showed...no one could find the hold...Good game from Green Bay. Margin could have been embarassing if Chicago's red zone defense didn't hold up like it did. If someone can point out who it was that did that supposed hold on Knox's run, I'd like to know because the neutral TV commentary were pretty irate when they saw the replay. Was going for Green Bay in that game but that late play was just pure genius and to see it ruined by a call that seemed blatantly wrong was a farce..

Wow... that WAS pure genius. XD

Spoiler:
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 23:01   Link #2995
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The flag was thrown he before even caught the punt, so the hold may have occurred while the punt was still in the air. And #21 Corey Graham (the offender) didn't raise much of a stink about it. . . watch him at the bottom right of the Youtube video posted by Kyuu shrug his shoulders at the ref who threw the flag at 1:04. And watch #24 Jarrett Bush's, who is a gunner for Green Bay and probably the victim of the hold, reaction at :58 at the back-judge near the endzone prior to the flag being thrown (from a sideline ref).

But obviously, refs make tons of mistakes, so I don't know.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:13   Link #2996
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Pittsburgh so got out of jail tonight. They were definitely sub-par. Shows what a difference Manning does make for Indianapolis. Highlights the beef Dameshek had on last week's Shame Report when he put Bill Polian at #1. Seriously, how have they not found a competent backup for Manning in TWELVE years?! As for Pittsburgh, their famed defense has gone missing this year. I fell asleep during this game because it got so darn painful to watch two normally great sides be so below the mark. Hell, the 49ers-Bengals game entertained me more.

Vick had a real vent session after the loss to the Giants tonight. Was mainly targetted at the refs but it somehow seemed a smokescreen for 'For the love of...protrect me!' Highlights I've seen of that game...it was inevitable Vick was going to get hurt. I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did that game.

Predictions for this week's Shame Report:

- Corey Graham aka the guy who copped the holding call on Knox's return
- Minnesota for blowing a huge lead yet again
- Arizona for losing to Seattle (since Dameshek really has it in for Seattle)
- Patriots for getting overrun by Buffalo
- Philadelphia offensive line for letting Vick get mauled AGAIN
- Get Out of Shame Free card to Vernon Davis for saving the 49ers big time against the Bengals and livening up what seemed doomed to be one fizzle of a game

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-09-26 at 01:32.
Old 2011-09-26, 01:27   Link #2997
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

As a reference of how bad the conditions at the Carolina vs Jacksonville game was, here are two plays at it's worst:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-p...un-called-back (bullshit reversal btw)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-p...rs-defense-INT
Old 2011-09-26, 01:59   Link #2998
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Predictions for this week's Shame Report:

- Corey Graham aka the guy who copped the holding call on Knox's return
- Minnesota for blowing a huge lead yet again
- Arizona for losing to Seattle (since Dameshek really has it in for Seattle)
- Patriots for getting overrun by Buffalo
- Philadelphia offensive line for letting Vick get mauled AGAIN
- Get Out of Shame Free card to Vernon Davis for saving the 49ers big time against the Bengals and livening up what seemed doomed to be one fizzle of a game
I look forward to seeing this tomorrow on C'MON MAN!

Spoiler:

Yea, Eagles problems centering on Michael Vick and all. But what about the defense? I thought they were better than this.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 02:25   Link #2999
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm loving this war of words between Warren Sapp and Charles Barkley.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...content_stream
Old 2011-09-26, 02:54   Link #3000
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
As a reference of how bad the conditions at the Carolina vs Jacksonville game was, here are two plays at it's worst:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-p...un-called-back (bullshit reversal btw)
I dunno, looked like his shoulder hit the ground before he rolled over the guy, back up to his feet, unless they changed the downed player rule.

Tags
american football, sports